SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy
Member



Joined: 2003/10/30
Posts: 1554


 Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
Quote:


SimpleLiving wrote:
...they're persecuted if their favorite television program is interrupted, even for important breaking news. It's downright being tortured if the electricity goes out altogether.


Yes brother, and also as brother Ravenhill is saying here (37min):

'I know that you had tribulation this morning, the bacon was burned, some other tragedy happened. But did you think this morning, that somebody for Christ's sake is gonna lose his head?'



Be careful of needless and self serving exaggeration. Besides being untruthful, it hides a weakness of character that will eventually demoralize those around you in a real crisis. Leadership emboldens.

Blessings brethren,

MC



Hello brother MC, probably because of the reason that my English is not my native language, it is hard sometimes to understand wholly your postings (this is case also with brother's Mike crssck postings). But I maybe it's the language, maybe it's the other level of thinking that you have.

Particularly about this post, I understood part of it, but I think not your whole point. Could you be more direct and use more simple words (just in this case) to explain more what you wanted to say? Thank you.

And to expand my previous thoughts and why I quoted that quote was with the purpose that some of our so-called tribulations and persecutions are not are such at all. Bur are just product of our murmuring and comfortable living. And when this will break, we say we are in tribulation and persecution.

And 'woe unto me' if I underrate those who are in real crisis! But that was not my intention at all.

Kire

 2008/1/15 11:10Profile
brentw
Member



Joined: 2005/12/14
Posts: 440
Ohio

 Re:

I'm starting to believe this is how revival will come to the USA??


_________________
Brent

 2008/1/15 11:38Profile
SimpleLiving
Member



Joined: 2008/1/11
Posts: 375
Minnesota, USA

 Re:


Quote:

SimpleLiving wrote:
...they're persecuted if their favorite television program is interrupted, even for important breaking news. It's downright being tortured if the electricity goes out altogether.


Tears_of_Joy wrote:
Yes brother, and also as brother Ravenhill is saying here (37min):

'I know that you had tribulation this morning, the bacon was burned, some other tragedy happened. But did you think this morning, that somebody for Christ's sake is gonna lose his head?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Compton wrote:
Be careful of needless and self serving exaggeration. Besides being untruthful, it hides a weakness of character that will eventually demoralize those around you in a real crisis. Leadership emboldens.

Blessings brethren,

MC


I'm afraid we disagree, Brother Compton. Having been in this industry in the past, I have seen the results first hand. Even if it weren't for my experience in the industry, I've lived all over the US, and in many other countries, so, again, I have seen first-hand how true this is.


_________________
Keith

 2008/1/15 12:44Profile









 Re:

It's too late to warn folks already. Jesus told us not to "swear oaths" but "let your yes be yes and your no be no." But Christianity long ago gave up on this command of Christ, and Christians commonly swear oaths in court and legal documents. If Christians so readily give up on something so simple and clearly stated, there is no chance that they will stand against more difficult impositions on religious practice. Particularly if the state can turn public opinion against whatever practice this is.

bub

 2008/1/15 13:05









 Re: Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecu

I love Brother Ravenhill. I think he and Richard Wurmbrand have formed me in my early days of Christianity more than any - and Keith Green.

Thank you Kire for posting the link to his Sermon.

Moe - thank you for your post. There is only one reason - I believe - that The Lord Blesses an individual or a nation with wealth - and that is to be a conduit for HIS Gospel.

While we have had the 'means', we spread the Gospel around the world.

When we begin to spread 'other things', we can expect other things.

Lord Bless all and peace between us all, while there is still time to enjoy each other's burdens and words and company.

Thank you.

 2008/1/15 14:06
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re:

Quote:
I've lived all over the US, and in many other countries, so, again, I have seen first-hand how true this is.



So have I in various capacities, and I find that many of the popular characterizations of Americans (as opposed to the rest of the world) we know can digress into exaggerated stereotypes. Real life is a little more complicated then geographic borders.

People may complain about their television service being interrupted, but that does not make them unfit for trials and challenges. It just makes them consumers. (They got those in other countries too.)

My point is not be contentious or offensive, but to challenge easy categories. No doubt many, many Christians in this country are in a state of disfunction. (Even in this forum.) Polls indicate as much.

But on the other hand, I don't want to become prey to a mindless criticism of everything American. I want to be more conscious then that.

America is anything but one size fits all demographically. There are still many fine people in this country. They are not so weak to call losing their television signal, or burning their bacon as torture.

I just felt it was a lampoon...that's all. I think we are better then to stoop to simplistic generalizations of a society as culturally diverse as the US.

MC


_________________
Mike Compton

 2008/1/15 16:19Profile
SimpleLiving
Member



Joined: 2008/1/11
Posts: 375
Minnesota, USA

 Re:

Quote:
America is anything but one size fits all demographically. There are still many fine people in this country. They are not so weak to call losing their television signal, or burning their bacon as torture.

I just felt it was a lampoon...that's all. I think we are better then to stoop to simplistic generalizations of a society as culturally diverse as the US.



I see more clearly what you're saying. I think you may have read a bit more in my comments than what was there though. I agree about stereo-typing a group as a whole. It's never profitable or true. While I do believe that much of America is the way I describe, at least culturally (which simply cannot be denied, in my opinion), I did use the phrase "Many Americans" and not just "Americans" or "all Americans."

Just a simple misunderstanding. 8-)


_________________
Keith

 2008/1/15 17:24Profile









 Re:

Compton, you are an American?? Now I really DO have something to complain about.

bub

 2008/1/15 17:40
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re:

Quote:
Just a simple misunderstanding.



That's funny, a friend just mentioned to me the difference between saying something in writing and saying something over a cup of coffee with some friends. For instance if I say "Teenagers don't want to work these days" to some friends everyone nods, but if we read that same phrase in a Newspaper headline we wonder if western civilization is over!

Thanks for walking and talking with me a little longer brother. As you know, we both want to make sure we strengthen what remains.

Blessings,

MC


_________________
Mike Compton

 2008/1/15 18:12Profile
Compton
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 2732


 Re:

Quote:
Compton, you are an American?? Now I really DO have something to complain about.



I'm afraid it's true brother. My condolences. :-D

MC


_________________
Mike Compton

 2008/1/15 18:38Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy