[b]Christ and His cross[/b]

This is the sin of the leaders -

‘For among My people are found wicked men;
They lie in wait as one who sets snares;
They set a trap;
They catch men.
As a cage is full of birds,
So their houses are full of deceit.
Therefore they have become great and grown rich.
They have grown fat, they are sleek;
Yes, they surpass the deeds of the wicked;
They do not plead the cause,
The cause of the fatherless;
Yet they prosper,
And the right of the needy they do not defend.

Shall I not punish them for these things?’ says the LORD.
‘Shall I not avenge Myself on such a nation as this?’

There sin be upon there own head.

But, this is the sin of the people called Christian -

“An astonishing and horrible thing
Has been committed in the land:
The prophets prophesy falsely,
And the priests rule by their own power;
And My people love to have it so.
But what will you do in the end?”

So much has been lost, I must start with the name itself. ‘Christian’ What does it mean? A Christian is a disciple of Jesus Christ who is Christ-like. Even this has been perverted in America. Christian has come to mean, anyone who confesses that Jesus was something more than a man. There are sinful Christians, lukewarm Christians, lying, cheating, stealing Christians. There are worldly Christians, carnal Christians, violent Christians, and adulterous Christians. The name has become an idol. People think that by wearing the title, they will be blessed or even saved. As I said, the hirelings have done us a great evil. But here is the greatest evil of all; they have made Jesus and His cross into an idol! They have perverted who He is and what His cross stands for. They have preached, ‘another Jesus’ and a pillow cross. This has brought deception and death to the church in America.

Jesus is not a baby in a manger. He is not your buddy. He is not your servant. He did not come to make you happy, rich, successful, or to build your self-esteem. He is not a picture on your wall or a fuzzy feeling in your heart. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords! He is the Almighty Judge of heaven and earth! He is coming back in wrath!

“Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.” (Rev. 19:15) I cry out with John, “Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?” I asked this question to two young men in a big ‘church’ the other day; they had no idea what I was talking about. They both told me they had never been warned. They grew up in church and had never been warned to flee from the Wrath of God! What kind of preacher does not warn these young, worldly, sensual people to Flee from the Wrath to Come!? A hireling, who does not love the sheep.
Let us hear the whole of John’s warning:

“Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’

(I’m a Christian)For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly purge His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” (Matthew 3:7-12)
This is the Jesus that is about to visit America! The Jesus most have believed in, is nothing more than an idol; a vain imagination of man’s own heart; a formed image that has no power. The real Jesus is coming to, “reward every man according to what he does”, not what he thinks. The real Jesus gives victory over sin, not peace in your sin. The real Jesus gathers only His wheat into the barn. He is coming to thoroughly purge the church in America.

A true Christian has a cross on his back. He has left the world behind, and counted it the enemy that it is. A true Christian, follows Jesus. To the one who is dead to self and sin, His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

“Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”

“Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is neither fit for the land nor for the dunghill, but men throw it out. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

(Luke 14:25-27 & 34,35)
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.

(Luke 9:24) Multitudes want to follow Jesus when He heals them and feeds them, but in the garden they sleep, and at the cross they forsake Him.
I say again, the cross of Christ has become an idol. It has been made something of honor, something of splendor to look upon. It is something that men hang on the wall that they may receive a blessing. Men worship idols to receive a blessing.

The cross of the Bible is a place of death! It is where Jesus gave up everything, saw the back of His Father turned toward Him, and died a gruesome death! It is where He calls us to follow. No man goes there without passing through Gethsemane. No man comes down from it alive. The hirelings have invented a resurrection without the death on the cross. Men have believed that Jesus did it for them so that they wouldn’t have to. Jesus says, ‘If you do not follow Me here, you can not even be My disciple.” Much less a Christian.

The false teachers, preachers, prophets, and priest, will bear their judgment! But what about those who hired them, and listened to men instead of God?

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.”

(II. Timothy 4:3,4)
“For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.” (Philippians 3:18,19)

“But what will you do in the end?”

2007/12/31 9:01Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Christ and His cross -chad

Very good post!

Unfortunately many will interpret this as the words of an "angry watchman". Reminds me of the words on the Revival Hymn "please, let me sleep".
Warnings regarding what is so plainly laid out in the Word of God regarding what must come unless we repent and return to Biblical holiness and reverence for the whole Word of God not just select portions that meet our approval or prove our doctrine, a godly fear of the type that Paul spoke of in "knowing therefore the terror of the Lord we persuade men", we are in the gravest of trouble: Tribulations that undoubtedly will overthrow the faith of many who refuse to beleive that the God of love is also a Holy God that must judge unrepented of sin.

Thank you for this and all the other posts that call us to reality.

Clint

2007/12/31 10:04Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: Christ and His cross -chad

Yes, i agree. Thank you. Where is that passage found?
Also, i have been asked to teach bi-monthly at a homeless shelter to men who are wondering the streets. Would you and all who read offer a prayer that God would use me to preach His gospel and not mans, un-compromisingly.

It's kinda easy to look into these poor man's eyes and preach a fiery sermon, as if these men have missed it all and 'need' Jesus and to preach as if i have nothing to lose, because they have nothing to give. But to preach to an audience full of rich-men and hesitate to give the same message would be as James said, "you have become judges with evil thoughts."

this is a plea for us all, that in our preaching we preach the same gospel. And it is a plea to anyone willing to pray that i preach this gospel, and not only preach it but live it.

2007/12/31 10:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy