But what will you do in the end?

(ch6) 13 “ Because from the least of them even to the greatest of them,
Everyone is given to covetousness;
And from the prophet even to the priest,
Everyone deals falsely.
14 They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly,
Saying, ‘Peace, peace!’
When there is no peace.
15 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination?
No! They were not at all ashamed;
Nor did they know how to blush.
Therefore they shall fall among those who fall;
At the time I punish them,
They shall be cast down,” says the LORD.

i have been reading jeremiah and i have been stopped at a few passages. these 2 are a couple of them. i was wondering what you guys may have noticed or seen from reading these 2 passages.

i know that many people use these verses when talking about false prophets, but i noticed how the Lord judges not just the false prophets, but the priests as well. that they (1) rule by there own power. what does that mean to you guys? i think of a priest who self appointed himself and is not led by the life of God, but by his own lusts (desires). by his own strength, not the power of God. what do you guys think about the priests??

also, the priests were (2) just as false and covetous as the false prophets. they were not used of God to heal His people, but instead served themselves. to me, these passages called me to prayer that more true men of God would be undershepharding God's flock (whether in the church or out of it) in light of eternity. what a noble and frightening calling to serve the true Church (God's people) that we are called to.

just a few thoughts. please add what you see when you read these passages and the surrounding context.

thanks guys,
phil

2007/12/27 14:39Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: Scriptures From Jeremiah

jeremiah 2:19
19Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee. Know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that the fear of Me is not in thee," saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

"the fear of Me is not in thee"

this phrase stuck out to me. the question we have to ask ourselves are: does our life show the fear of God? does the way we live daily magnify God?

if there is no fear of God in our lives or in our churches, then why do we expect the unsaved to fear Him??

2007/12/28 11:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy