SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

At time of posting, this report is 13 minutes old.

[url=http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMb1loHZGB66_sDe0r78rgKiE5kQ]http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMb1loHZGB66_sDe0r78rgKiE5kQ[/url]

Does anyone know about her family and their untimely deaths?

2007/12/27 11:32

Re: Benazir Bhutto assasinated just days before Pakistani general election

I don't know whether any of you noticed that Pakistan has been under a military government for several years. Their President had retained his military title right up until this month, until he was forced to relinquish it and step out of uniform after a lifetime in the Pakistan Army. This was pressed upon him, so that he would present a democratic face at the proposed general election.

I have the feeling that Benazir Bhutto has not been able to live in Pakistan, or, did not have her freedom in Pakistan, until the plan for this election was quite far advanced. I've just heard an interview which drew out that her life has been threatened of old.

Now, it looks as if even the President may lose credibility if he tries to head up an investigation into Miss Bhutto's death, and there is already talk of the election being postponed.

If there is one thing Pakistan doesn't need, it's a power vacuum.

The other problem is that for a strongly Muslim country, to successfully demonstrate to the world a believable difference between 'law and order', and the 'national religion' (in seeking to bring to trial those responsible for a suicide bombing of such political import) would have been a work of art in itself, without the loss of a world-renowned Opposition Party leader.

:-o

2007/12/27 13:01
suzy

Devon, England

Re:

Benazir Bhutto hardly stood a chance - a woman in a Muslim country, with thoughts of modernising her homeland. Someone tried to kill her shortly after she returned, and I wondered how many more times this would occur.

I am not the slightest bit interested in Pakistani politics, but so far Musharaff seems to be moderate and trying to keep Pakistan free of the Taliban. We need to pray that whoever wins the election will not let this country become an extreme Muslim state or the home of the Taliban. The last thing for Pakistan and the Indian subcontinent is a Taliban state. We need to pray that tempers and anger will subside, and elections can go ahead as fairly as possible.

The Christians in Pakistan do not have an easy life at all and there is much persecution so we need to pray for our brothers and sisters at this time, as well as the ordinary Pakistani who only wants to live in peace.

Suzy

2007/12/27 18:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

My DH and I were just discussing this assasination this morning....

We were discussing the suicide bombers and their motivation. I have read they are told they will have access to 70 virgins once they get to the afterlife IF and when they carry out an attack. Seems to me these persons must be so perverted that they will allow their lusts to dictate their lives in this manner which also results in hurting others. And Muslims will declare they have higher morals then Westerners...{{sigh}}

dorcas, the news reports I heard yesterday was that Bhutto have lived in England before she returned home recently to Pakistan.

Yes, wars and rumors of more wars...Methinks some people just LOVE to fight!

Have a good day, ya'll, and stay away from suicide bombers! :-?

ginnyrose

2007/12/28 9:25Profile
psalm1

Re:

pakistan has a nuclear arsenal. So many countries now with nukes. only God and his angels are holding this world together.

you got to admit though, having all these looney tune dictators with nukes sure spices up our daily lives [prayer life]

I think we better pray.
Anyone for aa pre-trib rapture?

David

2007/12/28 10:50Profile

Re:

Hi ginnyrose

Quote:
And Muslims will declare they have higher morals then Westerners...{{sigh}}

Muslims in general are not suicide bombers! And they do see that those who go that route have been indoctrinated with a form of extremism - so it is unfair to condemn them as a whole on behalf of the criminals amongst them. But there are some countries where it is accepted by the parents to whom the power-holding factions pay compensation, perhaps supporting them for years to come after their loss. These people are trapped in a society which is being ruled by a god we do not recognise, where the moderate mind of Isalm is not routinely practised.

The bit about the 70 virgins may make headlines, but there is a lot more going on for the young people who give themselves in this way. The whole culture is fed propoganda which gives no hope, just as those European countries where God was officially banned, and dreadful things were required of those who wished to survive the ruling regieme. There is always a buffer of large numbers of ordinary people who don't agree, but cannot act to stop the rot. In any such place, a sense of moral compromise eats away at self-respect.

In general, Muslims do have a high standard of morality, but like with us, there are those who don't do what they should - and we know we all have the same kind of human heart - so 'sin' is no surprise.

Islam represents the false prophet of the Christian Bible, opposing the face of God's 'last word to mankind' through His Son Jesus Christ - whom Muslims accept as a historical figure - even as the Prophet which He was, but deny as God's Son. God has no Son and no need of a Son, they are taught. But Muslims need to hear that [i]the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus[/i], and that this Holy Spirit which God gives to every repentant believer in Jesus Christ (for the gift of eternal life, and salvation from hell), makes known to us the mind of God Himself, still, today. This liberty is to [i]every[/i] Christian, (truly not reserved only for religious leaders, which error is taught by Roman Catholic dogma also).

Those [i]Christians[/i] whose lives do not [u]focus[/u] on obedience to God - our Father's individual guidance daily (and sometimes minutely) - are as distant from being admitted to heaven as any Muslim, no matter how devoutly their religion is practised. There is only one Way to the Father, and His Name is Jesus, the Son of God. I have great hope that some Muslims reading this thread, will turn their hearts and minds to lay hold of the knowledge of God through Jesus Christ, who also said of Himself 'I am the Truth'.

But ginnyrose, I think you probably know that for those men, women and children who turn to Christ in Pakistan, life may be short. It's difficult to know whether a time of civil unrest such as may soon erupt, would be a better or a worse time to find His grace and forgiveness.

In Pakistan, becoming a Christian can lead to a fearful existence or exile for those who are not called to lay down their lives for Him; for those whom God calls to evangelise, preach or pastor, their gospel may be stifled by an untimely death. I'm not sure these killings are legal, as there have been Christian missionaries in Pakistan over many decades in the past, for at the same time as hearing of miraculous conversions today, I have heard also of men dying for Christ, there. Nevertheless, He is worthy of such full obedience, Who in His death, bore [i]all our sins away forever[/i].

2007/12/28 11:34

Hi suzy,

That was a good post :-) I'm certainly not an expert on Pakistani politics!

Quote:
We need to pray that whoever wins the election will not let this country become an extreme Muslim state or the home of the Taliban. The last thing for Pakistan and the Indian subcontinent is a Taliban state. We need to pray that tempers and anger will subside, and elections can go ahead as fairly as possible.

There is talk of a postponement. I confess to a liberal degree of scepticism that this situation is developing purely at the whim of internal Pakistani factions.

There have been bombs also, and while it may have seemed random to those in such a large country, this is not the first serious incident of recent weeks in Rawalpindi.

Quote:
The Christians in Pakistan do not have an easy life at all and there is much persecution so we need to pray for our brothers and sisters at this time, as well as the ordinary Pakistani who only wants to live in peace.

Amen.

2007/12/28 11:53

psalm1 wrote:

Quote:
pakistan has a nuclear arsenal. So many countries now with nukes. only God and his angels are holding this world together.

you got to admit though, having all these looney tune dictators with nukes sure spices up our daily lives [prayer life]

I think we better pray.
Anyone for aa pre-trib rapture?

David

I'm sure some Pakistanis might like to get out.

Recently, I wondered if our concept of 'persecution' has been warped by too many tales from the past, as we are being persecuted all the time with governments promoting immorality of many kinds by their policies, while paying lip-service to Christian values.

This is and has been a very confusing time for anyone who thought they elect politicians to create the kind of country to which they aspire. It appears that even some church leaders are not interested in being on the side which will be saved by His life whether He comes sooner or later.

The logistics of using nuclear power within our atmosphere, do make it the choice of a madman. I don't know if they would cause big or small areas of contamination, but the fallout is a serious deterent. Let's face it. Unless a person knows God and is in such fellowship with Him as to be ready to go [u]now[/u] any day any time, surviving whatever lies ahead, whether nuclear warfare or something (thought to be) less, there is going to continue to be much human need. Oh for that resurrection power to bring life and hope to earth [u]today[/u].

I guess you don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, either...

2007/12/28 12:07
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

The worst part aboout this whole situation is not the bombing, the lose of life or the politics of Pakistan. The worst part is that situation is that if Benazir Bhutto didn't accept Jesus Christ, she is sitting in hell right now because of it. Hopefully she gave her life over to the Lord before she died.

Pray my brothers and sisters. Pray for the salvation of souls in Pakistan.

2007/12/28 13:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I guess you don't believe in a pre-trib rapture, either...

Neither do I.

A question for you, dorcas, since you have kin who are Muslim: How on earth could a female rise to the ranks of power as Bhutto did, given their attitudes concerning women?

ginnyrose

2007/12/29 7:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy