SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A new and living way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

A new and living way

Dear friends, wanted to share these verse for mediation with you.

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Genesis chapter 3 verses 22-24(KJV)

[i]...and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life[/i]

"And thou shalt make a veil of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made:"

- Exodus chapter 26 verse 31(KJV)

[i]...with cherubims shall it be made[/i]

"And he made two cherubims [i]of[/i] gold, beaten out of one piece made he them, on the two ends of the mercy seat; One cherub on the end on this side, and another cherub on the [i]other[/i] end on that side: out of the mercy seat made he the cherubims on the two ends thereof."

- Exodus chapter 37 verses 7-8(KJV)

[i]One cherub on the end on this side, and another cherub on the other end on that side...[/i]

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..."

- John chapter 1 verse 14

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [i]him[/i]."

- John chapter 1 verse 18

"But Mary stood without at the sepulcher weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, [i]and looked[/i] into the sepulcher, And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain."

- John chapter 20 verses 11-12(KJV)

[i]And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain[/i]

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;"

- Hebrews chapter 10 verses 19-20(KJV)

Jesus said

"[b][color=660000]I am the way, the truth, and the life[/color][/b]"

2007/12/23 23:25Profile

Re: A new and living way

That's lovely, Chris

The way you linked these scriptures together... Never thought of the cherubim guarding the Ark in that context - banning man from Eden. Of course, the "mercy seat" also represents the Atonement (literal meaning is "atonement cover"). But in the OT the only way God could have mercy on man was by not letting him come too close.

So, when God banned man from Eden He was protecting them from His own wrath, rather than punishing them????

Then there's the significance of the two angels in John 20 - the empty tomb = the way back to paradise!

Wow, what a thought!!!

I'm going to send this to my prayer partner, she will appreciate it very much...

This thread deserves more responses!

in Him

Jeannette

2007/12/25 8:51
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Jeannett and Merry Christmas :-)

This came out of a discussion I had with my pastor a little while back. Part was something I had noticed when listening to John Chapter 20 and the other parts some things he had mentioned as I was telling him about it.

This very much speaks to me of the way back to paradise as you said! And of eternal life, or living forever, which I think the Tree of Life would have given?

There was a way to the Tree of life and it was guarded by the Cherubims and a flaming sword. Man had lost access to it. The one thing we all want, to live forever, we had lost it. During our conversation as a sort of parting question, I asked him what it meant that the sword turned [b]every way[/b].

It seems to speak of being completely gaurded. That every possible way back to it, to paradise, and to eternal life, was cut off by this sword and by these Cherubims.

Doesn't this echo out even unto our day today? That though we are full of religons and ideas and efforts to make our way back to paradise, back to that life that we long for inside, of rest and comfort and life forever, that none of them can get us there?

My Pastor also pointed out how Adam was to keep the Garden, or guard it and protect it and that this word which is translated [i]keep[/i], is the same word used in connection with the priests and the Tabernacle. I did some checking on this and found for instance Numbers 1:53.

But also, he pointed out how the veil, that was before the Ark, had cherubims on it!

Now that spoke to me. It seems as though after the flood, Paradise, or the way back to it, had moved - moved to the Tabernacle. Here again you see those Cherubim gaurding it, or a representation of them? and now the priests are given charge over it too, to gaurd it.

Will leave off there for now...

Thank you for sharing!

2007/12/25 9:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy