Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Never To Old to seek GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
nowhr2hide

Australia

Never To Old to seek GOD

Praise to Lord God of our Salvation!!!

Miracles plows in goodness of God our creator.
Just to share a bit of the joy that bless my heart tonight. One of the resident at work she is 83 years old lost her husband 3 years ago and she had a level 1 dementia, and part of her dementia is continually asking where is her husband is many of the worker and i'm one of them constanly telling her that her husband is in heaven, but today i felt not right about to say any thing about her husband. She asked again about the husband and told her honestly can tell her where about her husband is, but i can only tell her that as time comes to any of us our body will turn to dust and our spirit goes to where ever it deserve to be place by God.
She thanks me for being so honest to her in my responce to her question. At the time my work partner wheeled het to get to bed she is so scared to be alone, and wants us to stay with her told her to pray to Jesus and ask Him because if we ask Him, He hear us, she said " I know that, I'm catholic!" :-) i said to her catholic is only religion and this is about you now and Jesus that holds everlasting life.
I've asked her to pray and she prayed the lords prayer, and i prayed with her and told her she can me if she still feels scared and i'll came back to stay with her; 10 mins after she rings the bell in her bedroom and ahe wants to pray again, i've asked her if she do realized she is a sinner have done so many thing that not please God at all. to cut the story short we prayed and she prayed sinners prayer and she says "and thats real i am so sorry for my sins ... i want to recieve Your salvation by Your blood, Your grace and Your mercy.Amen" :-)

May be a bit simple but this is truly witness in my heart and spirit that the Lord is with right there listening to her. I am reminded of many scripture in John how Jesus desire that should no one shall perished ... so fort.

This not just for me to see His mercy and encourage of the zealousness in Christ but also for my work partner who is luke warm in Christ that no matter how old we are it's never to late to recieve Him as Lord and saivour, even in the dementia state, that God is able to speak His word to our heart and spirit. We ever ever limit God no matter what.
Praise to be to God.

2007/12/22 8:42Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Never To Old to seek GOD

Thanks for sharing this!

Quote:
This not just for me to see His mercy and encourage of the zealousness in Christ but also for my work partner who is lukewarm in Christ that no matter how old we are it's never to late to receive Him as Lord and savior, even in the dementia state, that God is able to speak His word to our heart and spirit. We never ever limit God no matter what.

I think often that in our quest for revival we may be neglecting precious souls that desperately need God and are at their final hour. There are people in every nursing home practically in the world that are dying right now and do not know God. So many things get lauded as 'spiritual' and if God pukes I'm sure many of those things would cause it. Spiritual means to do what we are told. We will laud a man for burning ruts in a floor praying while people by the hundreds down the street die and go to a devils hell unthwarted. The truth is, what this person wrote in this post will never be on the front pages of any web site as important. Their names will never be found on the front cover of some great 'classic'. But there is a book, if their be a God, that hath the record.

(James 1:25-27) But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, [u]he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the [i]work[/i],[/u] this man shall be blessed in his deed. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Why is visiting orphans and widows [i]pure[/i] religion? Because it is the least glamorous. Nobody follows you around trying to be like you. Invitation after invitation, week after week after week go forth and few or none will accompany you. Working with the elderly is one of the least paying and hard working jobs you will ever endure. It is emotionally taxing and often a very difficult job. Adults that have lost all control of their bodies and mind and behavior. Many people working in these fields could be making big bucks. But they feel a sense of calling and they stand watch over the elderly as others count their money.

On the ministry side of things, I suppose one can boast of praying for hours or preaching a powerful sermon and folk will awe and cheer; but let a person say they won a precious soul in the twilight hours of life to hopeful conversion and only heaven will celebrate. "I held her hand as she breathed her last breath" or "I helped prepare her body for the undertaker" is reality to these people. "I gave him CPR till the ambulance arrived" and "I did it for a little more than minimum wage." NO! You will never hear that. Why? Because this is [i]pure[/i] religion. And in pure religion there is nothing glamorous to boast about. There is no twinkle in men's eyes as they behold the sight.

And we wonder why revival tarries? It's no wonder at all. God dwells among the people that are about [i]His[/i] business (work). What do we want revival for? So we will finally feel convicted enough to care about the lost and dying and then muster the courage to get about the Master's business? There are many ministries like this that never see the light of praise. They don't seek revival, they walk in it.

2007/12/22 10:40Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

quote:
Why is visiting orphans and widows pure religion? Because it is the least glamorous. Nobody follows you around trying to be like you. Invitation after invitation, week after week after week go forth and few or none will accompany you. Working with the elderly is one of the least paying and hard working jobs you will ever endure. It is emotionally taxing and often a very difficult job. Adults that have lost all control of their bodies and mind and behavior. Many people working in these fields could be making big bucks. But they feel a sense of calling and they stand watch over the elderly as others count their money.

On the ministry side of things, I suppose one can boast of praying for hours or preaching a powerful sermon and folk will awe and cheer; but let a person say they won a precious soul in the twilight hours of life to hopeful conversion and only heaven will celebrate. "I held her hand as she breathed her last breath" or "I helped prepare her body for the undertaker" is reality to these people. "I gave him CPR till the ambulance arrived" and "I did it for a little more than minimum wage." NO! You will never hear that. Why? Because this is pure religion. And in pure religion there is nothing glamorous to boast about. There is no twinkle in men's eyes as they behold the sight.

And we wonder why revival tarries? It's no wonder at all. God dwells among the people that are about His business (work). What do we want revival for? So we will finally feel convicted enough to care about the lost and dying and then muster the courage to get about the Master's business? There are many ministries like this that never see the light of praise. They don't seek revival, they walk in it.

The work i do now is the most rewarding thing i have ever done work wise. Many times God hasth shown me and reveal to me times and times again His mercy and constantly reminded that there is heaven and hell where soul and spirit destine to be, it isa the choise we are to take Eternal life or Eternal fire. I always reminded of the saying to whom much given, much expected.
The parable of the talents yeah we recieve his grace many of us what next is what decision we take. God shown mercy to me and love as much to any one else. At this time i rejoice because of 1 soul is save, my heart cries for many are not wanting to hear, and that's include my own daugther. But God is Ominiscent.

Came back from church just now 6 more accept Christ and 1 of them is my youngest daugther which i wasn't aware of she went to front, and cried out for forgiveness. I was in the other room praying with other 2 women.

Oh! praises to the Lord God my saviour.

2007/12/22 22:31Profile

Quote:
Came back from church just now 6 more accept Christ and 1 of them is my youngest daugther which i wasn't aware of she went to front, and cried out for forgiveness. I was in the other room praying with other 2 women.

Amen. You give me hope, sister. :-)

2007/12/23 1:18
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

just a thought of God sense of humour night before a 83 yrs old accept Christ and this morning an yrs old, accept Christ :-).

And that gives me hope too for my eldest daughter :-).

God is good always. amen

2007/12/23 7:53Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:

It is a wonderful thing that when we are faithful God honors that faithfulness. It may be hard to show theologically, but I have been on door to door witnessing teams that yielded virtually no fruit; but mysteriously seekers would begin to come into the church meetings that we had never seen before. I think there is something to this fact and it is more than a coincidence. ;-)

2007/12/23 9:56Profile

Sister nowhr2hide ~ :-D ~ Bless our GOD !

You are [i]living[/i] "revival". Alleluia.

But what is revival but, simpley obeying our Savior's Words. Glory to GOD.

This verse comes to mind -

[b]Luk 17:5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
[Jesus answers their request with ~ ][/b]
Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
Luk 17:7 [i]But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. [/i]

Like the song, "Trust and Obey".

They asked for their faith to be increased - He answered to them to just "serve". AMEN and Glory to Jesus !

We need only read Matthew 25 and make it our New Year Conviction to read and obey and make no excuses and we will see the fruit that you have shared here, dear sister.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TESTIMONY ~ :-D ~ And for the Smile that it brings.

Glory to GOD !

2007/12/23 10:55
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Sister nowhr2hide ~ :-D ~ Bless our GOD !

We need only read Matthew 25 and make it our New Year Conviction to read and obey and make no excuses and we will see the fruit that you have shared here, dear sister.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TESTIMONY ~ :-D ~ And for the Smile that it brings.

Glory to GOD !

Dear friend,
What i have shared here is just one of the testimony of God for me and others.
But my heart broke when i read your responce. I was so ashamed to God i can not accept that i,m not a living revival, many times i've stuggled in my own life, sins that continually haunt me,as i hold on many times to His word "resist the devil and he will flee", and fall back many times.But word of God are far stronger," When the enemy comes like a flood He will raise the standard of our faith; as it says He will write His word in our heart.
The revival is happening here in SI.
Since i came back in fellowship here, brought me back in repentance, constanly reminded of His grace. 4 years ago, i fellowship here regularly all i can remember the site is very new only about a year and 1/2 or so, i became part of those who been praying for the revival, as i remember we have set a time that we will go on our knee and cried out to GOD on certain time where ever part of the earth your in. Since then my own family went through a very tough and hard purging spiritualy. I want revival that much, every sin in our life exposed and went through repentance, strengthening, forgiving and while all that happening God led me to hold prayer meeting in our house and it grew in numbers of people attending it, while my husband ends up in jail to pay the wage of his wrong doing. We are to carry our own cross daily. God will not let us to go on with out rest He let us stop for a short time to gather our own strength and He bless that and magnify it with His strength.
He-reign thank you for the scripture Matthew 25 that been a challenge to me in the pass weeks.
" To Whom much given much expected", what are we doing to what is given to us. It reveal to us the hidden treasure of heaven the pure understanding and wisdom and knowledge of God and Jesus the sacrifice He done for us, because He Love us. Many in here in SI went through tough times, carried the cross and died in Christ, " work on your salvation" - Paul had said. I've lost and waisted so much time, and held back. But He said to me in My due time, trained like a race horse, always be ready to go in the whisper of His voice. To run the race of faith. all i can say is HAAAALLLLEEELLLLUUUUUYYYAAAAA TO JESUS!!!!

2007/12/25 20:26Profile

Re:

Bless the LORD oh my soul and all that is within me, Bless His Holy Name.

Glory to GOD sister. He inhabits the praises of His people. Alleluia, is Right!

He is so GOOD.

Sister, when I was a baby Christian, I attended a Church that always would say, "You take one step and He'll take TWO." :-D Such a simple statement, but I know it's true.

And again, when the disciples asked Him to increase their faith, He answered with the story of a servant only. He didn't say go pray till you have more faith - He said, "Serve".

Isn't it a joy? These little bits He put here and there in His Word. Little bits that affect our whole lives and eternity afterwards.

Like Matt 25 - what differentiated the sheep from the goats.

Praise God sister. You have been a true encouragement. Thank you again for your post and for living out His Word.

I love Ps. 119 also.

"Keep On" - as Martin Lloyd-Jones used to say.

Thank you! :-)

2007/12/25 20:40
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re: Update - Testimony

I have shared about the ealderly lady asked for Jesus salvation and the following day is few people accept Jesus and one of them is my youngest daugther. I just wanted to share something happened tonight it an amazing thing and special for me. Came back home from the bible study with my son i feel a bit disheartend due of the study given is been rush to make up of the time lost from the pastor, soon the study finished every one is start having their social catch up. I have continue the study we did at home with my children, and it's about the Ten Commandments. It went on the discussion between me and my younger daugther, and the other children went on to do other things and my little Sarah wants to hear more, and she ask to be baptized with the Holy Spirit... oh my beloved i want to say more but so beautiful she recieve baptism at 12:00 midnight God is so good.
I hope this brings encouragement.

Praise God.

2008/1/15 9:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy