Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Reminder: where our light comes from

"God [i]is[/i] the LORD, which hath showed us light..."

- Psalm 118 verse 27(KJV)

Dear brothers and sisters,

I was wondering if I could relate something to you all as a short reminder for us all.

This evening as I was waiting for the train to go downtown, my thoughts turned to some thing I had noticed or some revelation I had had, and as I was thinking about it, and probably beginning to look at or too myself, thinking somehow I had seen it, or even noticing that I had seen it, suddenly one of the lights in the parking area went out.

It was noticeably darker. Much darker than before. And then, I think almost immediately, a portion of this verse came to mind:

"For with thee [i]is[/i] the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."

- Psalm 36 verse 9(KJV)

[i]...in thy light shall we see light[/i]

O brothers and sisters, what light do we have of our own? What light do we have, what is our light, compared to the light of God? How unimaginably bright must His light be!

It seems so easy, in seeing in His light, through the light of His word, to think we are bright, or to forget that it is in His light that we may see light. But what a thought too, how bright God must be.

In 1Timothy chapter 6 it says that Christ dwells in light that no man can approach unto.

What light must that be?!

Well, after I had turned and thought about this, the light in the parking lot came back on.

Chris

2007/12/16 23:17Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: Reminder: where our light comes from

Isn't it great when something small becomes a lesson that God is making a part of our experience?

I have been ehthralled with the Light of God for quite some time. Since I was pulled from the darkness.

For the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters and said, "Let there be light." and there was light. Gen 1:1,2

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill can not be hid. Matthew 5:

Yes, God is light, the only light in our lives (or should be anyway); but also we are set on this world to be a reflection of His light, a tiny piece of light in the midst of great darkness is still discernable for those seeking to find their way.

Bless you brother, thanks for the reminder!

Lori

2007/12/17 14:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy