SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Seventh Day Adventist

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Seventh Day Adventist

Some professing Christians are claiming that alot of Seventh Day Adventist are saved and born again. Here is a portion of Ellen White's statements a well known heretic quoted in her own book. These beliefs are seeping into the church and many are fellowshipping with these people professing them to be belivers and brothers in Christ. I wanted to post these comments another brother posted who fortunately stepped in at just the right time, an answer to prayer as I was trying to dissuade these brothers from further fellowship with them and as he was trying to witness to these cult members.

This is a very unfortunate thing that is happening in the body of Christ.

If someone is saved even if they do not believe all of this womans teachings should totally renounce being a part of this cult by not having anything further to do with it.

Romans 16:17
17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2 Timothy 2:16-18
16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Galatians 1:8-10
8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

2 Timothy 3:5
5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Jude 1:3 3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

From Ellen White's own book:

Can we be saved by keeping the Law?

Ellen White said: "The condition of the eternal life is now just what it always has been … perfect obedience to the Law of God" (Steps to Christ, page 65,67)

The Bible says: "Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith." - Galatians 3:11 (ESV)

Who bares the sins of the world?

Ellen White said: "Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the penitent will finally be placed." (The Great Controversy,
page 419,422,485,486)

The Bible says: "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. " - 1 Peter 2:24

Does the Blood of Christ cleanse us from sin?

Ellen White says: "The blood of Christ was not to cancel sin. (Patriarchs & Prophets, p.357)

The Bible says: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace," - Ephesians 1:7

"...the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

Should we pay for our sins?

Ellen White says: "The best you can do is to bring a trespass offering to the alter of the Lord, and he will accept and pardon you."
(Testimonies 5:339)

The Bible says: "Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin. " - Hebrews 10:18

Can we be assured of salvation?

Ellen White says: "Those who accept the Saviour should never be taught to say or feel that they are saved." (Christ’s Object Lessons; Two Worshippers, p.155)

The Bible says: "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. " - 1 John 5:13

2007/12/14 23:47

Re: Seventh Day Adventist

Here is the link to that thread on Open Air Outreach's message board where we had this conversation about the SDA's! These SDA's have been on this board for quite some time and are persuading other brothers. Thankfully a fellow brother who was more equipped than I was came on the board, an answer to prayer:

http://openairoutreach.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=doctrinaldiscussion&action=display&thread=1197436709&page=1

2007/12/15 7:45

Re:

This is serious stuff folks! Fellow believers are being influenced by this cult. I just want you to be aware. We should not be fellowshipping with those who oppose the doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2007/12/15 11:32
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

This is indeed a serious matter. You might find the resources at the following link to be of help in this area, most of the material there was written by a former adventist minister who was gloriously delivered into the liberty of Jesus Christ.

[url=http://www.exadventist.com/]Ex Adventist.com[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2007/12/15 12:45Profile

Re:

That looks like a very good websight thank you!

2007/12/15 12:55

Re:

Thank you for this

I knew the Adventists tend to hold to many of the OT laws, but didn't realise that their founder actually [i]denied[/i] the true Gospel!

While it is possible, I'm sure, for Adventists to be saved, they would have to leave that movement in order to get anywhere spiritually.

I've known Roman Catholics who obviously knew the Lord too, but unless they came out they would be spiritually stunted.

Jeannette

2007/12/15 13:19

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
Thank you for this

I knew the Adventists tend to hold to many of the OT laws, but didn't realise that their founder actually [i]denied[/i] the true Gospel!

While it is possible, I'm sure, for Adventists to be saved, they would have to leave that movement in order to get anywhere spiritually.

I've known Roman Catholics who obviously knew the Lord too, but unless they came out they would be spiritually stunted.

Jeannette

Amen!

17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Like alot of cults they try to skirt the issue of the deity of Christ. They are wolves in sheeps clothing and wolves go in through the back door always.

Ellen White denied the deity of Jesus Christ. Check out part four of the John Ankerberg Show with Walter Martin:

http://www.exadventist.com/Home/Video/tabid/502/Default.aspx

You'll have to scroll down.

2007/12/15 14:34
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re:

I know any fine born-again Adventists, I think many people that frequent this web-site need to read the Bible more, much ignorance here, try starting out with Mt.chapter 7.

2007/12/15 23:43Profile

Re:

If you adhere to the teachings and prophesies of Ellen White than you cannot be born again. If you do not than you should not be a part of this cult and leave it entirely.

2007/12/16 9:28

Re:

Quote:

glorytoglory wrote:

If you adhere to the teachings and prophesies of Ellen White than you cannot be born again. If you do not than you should not be a part of this cult and leave it entirely.

I'll give you an example of exactly what I mean:

READ THIS:

Reply #61:
http://openairoutreach.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=doctrinaldiscussion&action=display&thread=1197080689&page=4

Titus 3:10-11
10A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

2007/12/16 9:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy