SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell in

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

The Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell in

Isaiah 58:12 says Those from among you shalll build the old waste places. You shall raise up the foundations of many generations and you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Streets to dwell in.

The waste places are those areas in our lives that are dry or barren. A breach is where the enemy comes in to destroy. Even the best of walls can be broken into by thieves.

These verses describe what will happen if we fast and live a holy life. It says the foundations and old waste places shall be raised up. The foundations of the walls needed to be raised again by the Jewish people who were exiles once again.

We rebuild the walls in our lives by building on the Chief Cornerstone. It is a process of returning to Him with our whole hearts, fasting and weeping. God wants to restore to bring back to the original condition of where our hearts were on fire for God.

It is not as easy task but with God all things are possible. When God restores a situation or person there is something new and better to show for it. Haggai 2:9 says the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former saith the Lord of Hosts and in this place will I give peace saith the Lord of Hosts.

When we repair the breach our streets will be restored to be liveable and pleasant. This is the desire of Gods heart. It is His vision. We are all called to repair and restore the damage the enemy has done in others lives. He wants us to build up the moral and spiritual foundations so something good can be built. We need to do this as part of being a disciple of Christ.

When repairing the breach we can expect opposition because the enemy of our soul is never pleased when this is happening; but, we need to remember that we have overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

It is absolutely essential when we are repairing and restoring that only the finest of materials be used. This would include prayer, fasting, the Word of God, the Cross, the Blood, the Name of Jesus and our worship.

The below songs is one of my favorites that Evie Tornquist sang and it describes how God wants to restore and repair lives.

Give them all
Give them all
Give them all to Jesus
Shattered dreams, wounded hearts, broken toys
Give them all, give them all
Give them all to Jesus
And He will turn your sorrow into joy
He never said you'd only see sunshine
He never said there'd be no rain
He only promised a heart full of singing
about the very things that once brought pain.

2007/12/14 3:17Profile
hinesfeet

Washington State

Re: The Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell in

:-( Dear Donna, I must say that I stumbledacrossyour postings when I signed on to check things out becuz I cant sleep. I have failed and got back up again and failed and got back up again and again but I think I am becoming indifferent and dont know what to do. I feel as though I am paralized.I have fond memories of Godly saints who were prayer warriors and men and women of Love as I observed as a child yet they had their share of trials and tribulations. My whole family is in a mess and I have one brother who is turning agnostic and hardening his heart to the Lord and another brother who is sick on his death bed who goes to visit friends and comes back only to bring negative enrgies with him. I originally went back to my mothers home to help take care of a widow anda sick brother only to find the whole situation has exhausted me and that I am sick in my heart and spirit and confused and long to find Jesus again for who and what he is and to be empowered once again to war in prayer and have aheart tender enuf to intercede for the others around me. I want things in my life and heart and relationship to Jesus to be right as they should but I have had 4 head injuries and many other traumas in my life from financial to spiritual to physical myself and consider myself a living miracle,but.... today if I had the strength and enrguy I even still pray ... Lord break me ,sley me that I may know you becuz I know there is no other life outside of Jesus but the trials come way to fast and intense and often that I cant keep up with them all and have frankly become overwhelmed and spiritually sick. If I have an opportunity in the near future I am going to MYC to sit under the leadership at Times square church even if I have to sleep on the street . I am that desperate . Please pray that the words I read in your profile would become my prayer becuz they sure ministered to me and I am so despondant,and please take my prayer requests to annointed and praying people you know . I am asking to be set on fire and changed into a prayer warrior again muself but dead to this ol flesh and alive and abiding in Jesus. Thank you for your time , Brad :-D

2007/12/15 7:30Profile
donnaemmons9

Re:

Brad,

Because your heart is desiring this it will happen. We need to be willing and then God can do great things. I have many sleepless nights. In fact, that was when this was posted and is often when I receive the "manna" He gives me to put on here. The only thing I desire to post on here is what God gives me because my words are powerless but His Word is sharper and more powerful than a 2 edged sword and I love Rhema words. This was a rhema word He gave me about my son and some health issues he is having. What the enemy means for evil God will turn around for our good. The Bible says taste and see that the Lord is good. Did you read through the fire- my testimony posted on 12/5. It describes an illness I have had in the last few years. I am sorry you are struggling. Be encouraged. God will meet with you. He will give you the desire of your heart. I pray that you don't have to experience homelessness for this to happen. I will add your name to my prayer notebook and share it with a few friends. We have the victory in the name of Jesus. The Bible says call upon Me and I will show you great and moghty things that thou knowest not. He is pursuing you, Brad, with an even greater intensity than you are of Him because He loves you! If we would all cry out to Jesus and submit to allowing Him to break us what awesome things He could do. He could turn the world upside down. Please keep in touch with me. Feel free to use my personal email. Times Square church sounds like such a neat church. I have always been interested in their ministry. God directs the steps of a righteous man. I have learned that disappointment=His appointment. He will break through. God wants to meet you where you are and do great things in your life. You seem to be in an intense spiritual battle. I am going to seek the Lord for you and ask Him to even give me a word for you. Look at my postings in the next week and I am believing that one will be there. I'll mention your name near the top. May God meet with you and bless you in the mighty name of Jesus. Donna

2007/12/15 18:17Profile

Re: The Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of Streets to Dwell in

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

2007/12/15 18:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy