SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Christmas Purely a Pagan Holiday?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Krispy,
To me, Christmas is about Jesus, it is about the Cross, it is about my need for a Savior and God's fulfillment of that need. My children don't believe in Santa. They know that Christmas is about Jesus coming to take on our sins so that we can be reconciled to God.

Do we have a Christmas tree? yes. Do we watch some Christmas movies? yes. Do we exchange gifts? yes.

But those things are not the focus of our joy.

In all my years of following Christ, I have never had Him tell me that I was worshipping something else on Christmas.

2007/12/14 11:52Profile

Re: LEGAL

You use the word legalistic and legalism quite freely. Do you know how to differentiate between legalism,antinomianism,and obedience? Your application of the scriptures to this issue are so very far off. Liberty and license is the cry of the multitudes who desire a crown without a cross and a resurrection without a crucifixion.Worship God

2007/12/14 11:55

Re:

Quote:
Rather than answering in sarcasm to hide your ignorance of this issue you ought to consider the Truth as it is in Jesus as it pertains to this abominable idolatry.

I'm not sure... but I dont think I've ever referred to another brother or sister as "ignorant" on this forum before.

Exactly how is that encouraging or edifying?

And trust me, I havent been sarcastic toward you. Every word I've written is very serious.

Krispy

2007/12/14 12:00

Re:

Quote:
You use the word legalistic and legalism quite freely.

You are new here, so I will attribute your comment to simply not knowing what you're talking about.

Quote:
Do you know how to differentiate between legalism,antinomianism,and obedience?

Uhh.. yea, and have written quite a bit about this topic over the years. You would do well to search the archives. I wish I had a dime for every person who has come and gone on this thread... and accused ME of being a legalist.

Quote:
Your application of the scriptures to this issue are so very far off.

Really? Please feel free to show me... quote me... etc.

Quote:
Liberty and license is the cry of the multitudes who desire a crown without a cross and a resurrection without a crucifixion.

Again... you dont know anything me, and obviously havent spent much time reading any of the almost 5,000 posts I've made on this forum. Please avail yourself of the archived thread and read for yourself that what you are accusing me of is simply not true.

It's always amazing to me how folks can come to a forum like this and begin making pronouncments about brethren without knowing a single thing about them. It's foolishness, and it's dangerous.

Krispy

2007/12/14 12:06

Re: Ignorant

Read the quote as it stands rather than reading into it an offensiveness which is not present,"ignorance of this issue". The Word of God is not only for encouraging and edifying but, "ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE, FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION, FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS: THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE PERFECT, THROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS" 2 Timothy 3:16,17.

2007/12/14 12:08

Re:

But you, sir, are not in a position to reproove me, or correct me since you know nothing about me. Therefore, I do reject your reproofs because they are baseless.

If Rahman, or Mike or someone like that on this forum offered a reproof I would sit up and take it seriously. (and they have! and I did!)

But you dont know me from Adam. You accuse me of wanting a resurrection w/out a cross, and whatever else it was that you said... how can you say that just because someone celebrates Christmas?

That is unscriptural judgement, my brother. You are wrong.

I'm not even going to argue this with you any further. It's a waste of time.

Merry Christmas!

Krispy

2007/12/14 12:13

Re: Mr. Legality

You are betarying here the pride which resides in us all. I am sure others detect it as well even if they will not say so. I believe that what is on this thread alone regarding this thing is evidence enough to reveal the mind of God from His own Word as to the abominable idolatry associated with this invention of the dark recesses of carnal men's minds. As you suggested I read your archives,I suggest you read thru the posts here again. Worship God

2007/12/14 12:20
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Did the angels rejoice and celebrate Christ’s birth?

[u][b]Luke 2:13-14[/b][/u]

[i]And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”[/i]

Did Jesus celebrate Passover with His disciples?

[u][b]Mathew 26:17-19[/b][/u]

[b]Jesus Celebrates Passover with His Disciples[/b]

[i]Now on the first day of the Feast of the Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?”
And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”’”
So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover.[/i]

Did the Jews not celebrate "The Feast of Purim?

[u][b]Esther 9:20-23[/b][/u]

[b]The Feast of Purim[/b]

[i]And Mordecai wrote these things and sent letters to all the Jews, near and far, who were in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus, to establish among them that they should celebrate yearly the fourteenth and fifteenth days of the month of Adar, as the days on which the Jews had rest from their enemies, as the month which was turned from sorrow to joy for them, and from mourning to a holiday; that they should make them days of feasting and joy, of sending presents to one another and gifts to the poor. So the Jews accepted the custom which they had begun, as Mordecai had written to them.[/i]

In the Bible, many different holidays and traditions were observed that glorified the Lord. These holidays were acceptable as long as it was glorifying to the Lord.

Do you glorify the Lord on Christmas?

2007/12/14 12:25Profile

Re:

Ray... I've never met a legalist who thought they were a legalist.

My words are not in pride simply because I say you are not in a position to reproove me. It's simply a fact. Somehow I doubt you've gone thru and read 3 years of posts.

You may ask any number of brothers on this site... I am very much open to correction. I've had to come on here publicly and apologize many times. But what I wont accept is someone just showing up here and accusing my brothers and sisters on here of being pagan heathens when the accusation is unfounded. You can say whatever you want about me... I dont really care. But what really gets my dander up is when you accuse the brethren here. We may argue with each other... but when you make such outlandish statements aimed at my brothers and sisters, that gets my dander up.

We all, at some point, want to be that firey prophet who tells off all of God's people. I get that way at times... so I'm not just pointing a finger at you.

Krispy

2007/12/14 12:27

Re:

I said I wouldnt argue this anymore... so I wont. Ray, if you need to get a last word in... go ahead. But I'm done.

Krispy

2007/12/14 12:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy