SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Upload your Avatar?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sheep_in_the_fold

Upload your Avatar?

Shalom there,

when I came in to change my password in my profile (can someone tell me how to ?) I saw that one of the buttons says "Upload my Avatar"...

I used to think that an Avatar is a computer - life - form...

but it is the title

of

a hinduistic messiah...

so I will not upload anything of that kind attached to my name...

(I leave to the Webmaster what to do w/ this info
and with this choice of words for the placeholder pix...
no condemnation though...)

GOD (love),
another sheep in the fold

2004/5/30 14:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Upload your Avatar?

Hi brother, a warm welcome to you.

To change your password, simply go to the box and enter a new password (5 character min) then enter it again in the second box and then click "save changes".

Regarding "Avatar's". I too almost let this be a cause for stumbling when I first came here and probably followed the same steps much like yourself into the definition of this word.

But, it is the meaning behind the word that is important, surely Hobbes is not a hindu god, just a deeply philosophical cat drawn out of somebody's imigination :-)

We could take a lot of words out of their intended application and strip the language if they were held to one meaning only, even that which is found in scripture is often twisted to try and make it say what it never intended.

I do agree that whoever came up with this particular computer term could have called it something else, I also could be using Buddha's XP operating system right now.... :-)

2004/5/30 14:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Here is something else I came across in this regards:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oi=defmore&q=define:Avatar

2004/5/30 14:39Profile
swsojourner

Re: Upload your Avatar?

I'm sympathetic to that concern, sheep_in_the_fold

The old Quakers would not say the names of the days of the week because they were the names of other gods

based on Psalms 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips."

adios,
Karsten

2004/5/30 21:12Profile
sheep_in_the_fold

Re: Upload your avatar

Shalom there brothers,

thanks for answering...

I am not really to old-fashioned, but the thing I see w/ the Google answers is that modern dictonaries do express somewhat different meanings. Look up the word "gay" in a dict. of 1903 and look it up in a modern one of 2004 and you will see what I mean. I would call myself a jolly person but *most definitly not* gay nowadays (praise GOD he made Adam & Eve and not Adam & Steve)!.. it´s yet up to GOD to bring her on... =-)

so whatever todays meaning, I do not buy that... also a lot of things have to come to you by personal revelation. not all the things that another person has heard from GOD is for the body (of Christ) but for the person alone....

I guess I could load up the picture of my face, so there´s no other god behind it but the real ONE... =-)

But then again it´s just a minor issue

cos... JESUS had only one agenda: to do the will of his Father...
so I suggest this thread to be closed...?

Moderator ?

thanks for the warm welcome though...

sheep in the fold

2004/10/8 8:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy