SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : GUIDELINE: Praying for current trends and events

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

GUIDELINE: Praying for current trends and events

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Praying for and interacting regarding current trends and events, for men in authority and their hearts and influence.

In this forum we would like to take a look at the current flow of news with the help of various news desks and writers.
Our main aim would be to generate intercession which provides an inroad for the Lord to use to touch hearts of men in authority, to allow each reader to get involved in the controversy between kingdoms and world views and to help bring deliverance to the poor and oppressed.
Intercessors do make a difference.

Secondary aims are:
To help in the process of defining and finding ways to effective prayer and fellowship in prayer of this category.
To do some decent comment on current issues.
To help find proper views regarding common trends, even regarding world views.
To walk the corridors of the men in authority to be able to do pre-evangelism in prayer.

Two main words meant to follow each person involved in this endeavour:

Give the king knowledge of Your way of judging, O God
and the spirit of your righteousness to the king’s son to control his actions.
Psalms 72:1 Amplified version.

Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you. Matt 5:44

A word of caution might be issued right from the beginning:
Bringing national leadership to the forefront in a forum like this mobilises all kindness and humility possible to avoid discussing politics under various party spirits and to abstain from criticising behaviour from the point of personal pride.
Certain presidents, prime ministers and their co-rulers behave as brute beasts, but will not in any way find grace through a proud and condemning church. The intercessor will have to allow the severest work of the Cross to be able to handle the pressure.
It is with this growing spiritual awareness that we will move ahead into this venture.

2004/5/30 14:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Praying for current trends and events

I am full of joy to offer this paticular feature to the forums and the SermonIndex site. Brother Lars runs a Intercessors network where he mobilizes people to prayer especially for people in authority of the world. This forum section is a great opportunity to allow prayers and enlightment of need for our current world leaders, church leaders, and other key points of need. Become an intercessor and pray as items are posted, also feel free to discuss matters but I want to emphasize that the [b]paramount[/b] feature of this forum is intercessory prayer.

[b]1 Timothy 2:1[/b] - I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

2004/5/30 15:26Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: GUIDELINE: Praying for current trends and events

Lars
I want to say how much I appreciate this particular forum and particularly your coverage of the Russian school tragedy. This is a real blessing and asset.

I am sure you will be familiar with Patrick Johnstone and his Operation World service. I use their daily country prayer updates as a homepage and constantly find it a challenge and encouragement. I believe many SIers would find it valuable. Readers can find it at Operation World Prayer

2004/9/9 7:12Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Thank you,
Mr. Baily

2004/9/9 7:23Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Intercessors Injunction

We look forward to joining with others around the world to intercede for Israel. As I am sure each of you know, GOD has Promised in His Scriptures to bless those who bless Israel and for those who pray for "shaloo shalom Y'rushalayim" pray for the peace of Jerusalem will prosper. How good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity ... for it is there The LORD's blessings are foreever. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/19 12:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Intercessors Injunction

It would be of great interest to sit down to listen to what you have to say regarding this vital and central issue of our common faith.
Welcome to this fellowship of saints and faithful.

Please open a new thread and post under a new headline.
Posting under “GUIDELINE: Praying for current trends and events” will bring some difficulties as to order. . .

Lars W.

2004/11/19 12:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy