SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Broken People

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Broken People

2 Corinthians 12:10 says Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christs sake for when I am weak then am I strong. We all have broken areas in our lives. There are times when life doesn't progress as planned. But when we add up the lost and found columns we ALWAYS find that what was gained was far greater than what was lost. When God takes us to a place we would rather not go so that He can reveal Himself to us it is by far a better place. Isaiah 55:8-9 says For My thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways My ways saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways saith the Lord. Knowing this we need to change our earthly perspective on life changes. We can look at them knowing that He works ALL things together for our good. Going through different trials, we learn what is important in life. We find the only One who can restore and bring healing to our lives is the Lord. Often, it is not until something stops working in our llives that our hearts begin to work. We begin to desire to be conformed into the likeness of the Lord wanting everything we do to please Him. It is not about us. This happens when we respond to the Holy Spirit in our lives.

2007/12/9 16:18Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Broken People

Very good post! It brought to mind one of my favorite scriptures... one that perhaps may be more frequently as we face the inevitable fruit of sins in this country:

Lamentations 3:19 - 26 (NASB) 19 Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness. 20 Surely my soul remembers And is bowed down within me. 21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.” 25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him. 26 It is good that he waits silently For the salvation of the LORD.

Clint

2007/12/12 12:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy