SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : sinful Standards for the church!!? Feed back.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

sinful Standards for the church!!? Feed back.

I have a few things I like feed back on...

Should the church have standards?? example: for who sings in the choir? who plays a guitar on the worship team? ect...

What if a homosexual who called himself a christian was in a choir of a church...what if a man who openly said he "lived" with a women (fornication of course) was playing on the worship team at church...NOW what about a person who said they were a christian and was in the choir and gossiped?? What about a person was in gluttony and was on stage in church singing a solo?? Sin is a sin? Do we we have standards for these people??
I could say the homsexual is in obvious sin but he or she never gossips or has no strife in their life or isnt a glutton?

The church lets say was over 1,000 people.

2007/12/7 16:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Standards for the church!!?

Quote:
Should the church have standards?? example: for who sings in the choir? who plays a guitar on the worship team? ect...

Isn't a new testament church standard not to have a choir in the first place :-) I believe if preaching against sin is happening the church that helps people stay right with the Lord. We are all prone to fall into sins when we are not being encouraged to "overcome" and this is most effectively brought to the church through the pulpit.

2007/12/7 16:30Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re: Standards for the church!!?

Someone living in willful sin needs to be
dealt with like in 1cor 5

people in leadership need to have even higher standards..
personally anyone who is on the worship team, or ushering, communion, deacons, sundayschool teachers, greeters, all need to follow standards that reflect christ.
People who claim to be christians but continue to live in willful sin are not christians..
Hebrews 10:26-27 is what happens to those who trample the blood of Christ underfoot...
We meaning Church orginazations, in my small world here in Washington state.
Tend to be seeker friendly, therefore deacons are promoted, who do not meet the standards that are lined out in scripture...
Why?
One pastor said because there are not enough people who are mature enough or ready so they fill the job with non qualified people..
Is this a good excuse? NO!
I left a church because a woman who was a worship leader, left her husband, then divorced him. NO he did not commit infidelity. he was faithful, but he was just a struggling christian and needed to be mentored! (whats that)?
She found a boyfriend and moved in with him,, living in sin....
the pastor asked her to step down, she did and left the church.. we are such meenies!
She marries her sin oops! I mean boyfriend, and comes back to church and says im married now and I want to be on the worship team. Leading worship...
Pastor allows her after a few months...
As for Me... bye, bye,
I have standards, and I believe my standards are
God's standards, to the best of my ability,Im not her Judge, but scripture does it for me, and yes maby God does forgive her,If she truely repented but what would be the fruit of repentance in this case, I dont know, I may never know,,, but as for her being an example for new converts to see and follow, never in my world, if I was Pastor.
Maby some day Jesus will come and fix our bad standards and bring us back to holiness.
Pray for revival.

2007/12/7 16:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: sinful Standards for the church!!? Feed back.

brent,

A church can be no more spiritual then it is Biblical. If the WORD says thou shalt not then you or others do not.

The problem with having unrepentant sinners in leadership positions or even on the membership roll is that they have a leavening effect on the rest of the botherhood.

Actually, when a person is determined to live a life contrary to the Word of God, you know what his/her point of reference is. That also should disqualify the person from leadership positions.

We have standards in our church. I have also seen where there are none, sin runs rampant because there is nothing there that empowers the leadership to deal with sin. People are too tolorant, too loving, too forgiving. When there is a confessin of sin coupled with repentance, you can have a glorious season of loving restoration.

My thoughts...

ginnyrose

2007/12/7 22:06Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re: sinful Standards for the church!!? Feed back.

Should gossip be treated in the church as homosexuality...meaning its no far worse sin??

Another question I have is...do you think that someone in a church choir is in leadership??

2007/12/7 22:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Should gossip be treated in the church as homosexuality...meaning its no far worse sin??

Here is a great poem about gossip I ran across today:

[b]Killing With Words[/b]

My Name is Gossip.

I have no respect for justice.
I maim without killing.
I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning, malicious.
and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.
I flourish at every level of society.
My victims are helpless.
They cannot protect themselves against me.
All because I have no name and no face.
To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation,
It is never the same.
I topple governments,
And ruin marriages.
I end ministries set up by God.

I ruin careers.
I cause sleepless nights, heartache and indigestion.
I spawn suspicion,
And generate grief.
I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
Even my name hisses.

I am called Gossip.

2007/12/7 23:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy