SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HIS Sacrifice deserves far more than this!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

HIS Sacrifice deserves far more than this!

Dear brothers and sisters,

Today as I was praying, I felt convicted of something that I felt compelled to share. It is not by any means meant to be a put-down of any of you, just something that convicted my heart. I have so appreciated all the sermons, videos, written messages available at this site, and yet it is so often the case that the listening and reading can take the place of practice.

Many times I have started listening to one of the messages of Leonard Ravenhill or of Art Katz or of Gerhard Du Toit and before I could finish listening have been moved to my knees in prayer. Certainly that is the point of the messages in the first place: to move us to emulate the kind of prayer that brings such conviction.

I have read many of the forums here (probably more than I should have) and some of them have been inspiring and refreshing, and some of course have proved our need to put into practice far more of what we have the privilege of hearing on this site. But the one thing that convicted my heart today was the fact that we here (in this country especially) have not only far more than others do materially but such an abundance spiritually. I think of so many of those of whom we read about in countries all around the world for whom the scraps that fall from our table (as far as what we can hear and read) would be most eagerly consumed, and yet we are so prone to take it all for granted. We can write it and discuss it all so cavalierly taking such time and effort to get across some particular point… and yet that hungering and thirsting that the Lord spoke of with the promised filling that ought to drive us to the hours of weeping and travailing and mourning between the porch and the altar is taken up in sometimes some of the most light and trite and blithe debate.

The tears and sweat and travail of soul that brought forth such heartfelt messages that have poured forth from so many of these is so much like how those kinds of messages have been treated century after century. It is like what Ezekiel said
Ezekiel 33:30 - 32 (NASB) 30“But as for you, son of man, your fellow citizens who talk about you by the walls and in the doorways of the houses, speak to one another, each to his brother, saying, ‘Come now and hear what the message is which comes forth from the LORD.’ 31“They come to you as people come, and sit before you as My people and hear your words, but they do not do them, for they do the lustful desires expressed by their mouth, and their heart goes after their gain. 32“Behold, you are to them like a sensual song by one who has a beautiful voice and plays well on an instrument; for they hear your words but they do not practice them.”

So often (God forgive me, far too often) we listen to the stirring messages and ARE stirred for the moment, but then instead of going our way forever changed and forever challenged enough to become the Ravenhill’s, Tozier’s, Katz’s or the Evan Robert’s or one of those precious sisters that prayed so fervently for the revival in the Hebrides, we get our fix for the moment…we have heard and that is our catharsis for the moment…we have been touched, just as dear Brother Currin said during the Convention, but since we are spoiled Americans and have not yet experienced the famines that so many other cultures have experienced, we eat the meal prepared by some else’s diligent sacrifice, wipe our mouth’s, talk about how good it was, hardly willing to consider the fellowship of suffering that has brought about such blessed communion with God that they have shared with us.

Again, please do not take this confession as accusation unless you are equally guilty, but Oh GOD how I long to see not just these forums, but churches or homes or whatever, wherever…turn into not just talk ABOUT revival, and about doctrine and all the finer points about election vs. free will, and when HE is coming back, and the multitudes of other subjects that can interest us without changing us, but TESTIMONIES that pop up like pop-corn all over the wicked web of How while we were praying… while we were pouring our hearts out before God, GOD has come down in MY TOWN.

I have read and downloaded and thank God for it all, but I will only be literally “popping in”… because I don’t want to just read about it and talk about it, I want to see, and thank God I have seen on a small scale enough in the past, to know that God can and will do maybe not “it” again, but WHATEVER HE WILLS TO SEND again, in ANSWER TO PRAYER before it is too late, and we see what HE HAS TO SEND when we play at prayer.

Please pray for me… I am praying for names I don’t know but hearts that God knows.

Clint

2007/12/4 17:01Profile

Re: HIS Sacrifice deserves far more than this!

Amen, brother Clint. Thank you for sharing your heart. I hope others take time to read this and consider it, and not just consider it but go to their knees before the Lord for the evaluation of what is coming out of my life, is it worthy of my Lord and His sacrifice?

Quote:

2007/12/6 14:21
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Thanks for sharing your heart...

Thank you in return for your comment... many times it is difficult to express the heart for fear of being misunderstood... especially those of us who have fled the covering of anonymity... but God knows it all anyway.

BTW, I have read and appreciated many of your thoughtful and spiritual posts, and the labor involved with the ministry of Brother Keith
Daniels whom I respect very highly...

Clint

P.S. the reason for the long delay was a few days to put into practice what I have preached...

2007/12/8 22:45Profile
Swordbearer

Amen, Brother. There is much I could say here on this topic but I would be doing nothing more than repeating what you have already said.
How easy it has been for me to fall into the devil's trap of thinking about God, and reading about the Bible, or prayer, or holiness. And all the while neglecting to praise my Lord, and read His Word, and seek His face in prayer.
Let us seek to use our time as though this is our last hour on earth. It very well could be. When the alarm is sounded; "Behold, the Bridegroom cometh", It will be to late to invest our "talents". Behold, now is the accepted time...
[i][b]Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. [/b][/i][i][b]Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. [/b][/i]
Aaron

2007/12/8 23:20Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I think most everyone here would have to admit that at some point they had to let God deal with them about going on SI overload. I know that when I first found this place, I wanted to read every post and listen to every sermon. But there are a limited number of hours in the day and it got to the point where I had to decide if I was going to let this forum consume my life instead of letting my life be consumed by Christ.

When used properly this site can be a source of incredible blessing. I know that I have listened to some messages that have had a powerful impact on life. But the danger is in being satisfied to spend endless amounts of time listening to the things God has spoken to someone else instead of spending the time needed to hear from Him myself. It is easy to listen to someone else share what God has put on their heart, but to sit quietly before Him to hear a word from God for ourselves……this is much more difficult. It requires waiting, and silencing ourselves before Him and too often these are things we are not willing to do.

”Oh God, who art the truth, make me one with Thee in continual love! I am weary often to read and hear many things. In Thee is all that I desire and long for. Let all teachers hold their peace, let all creatures be silent in Thy sight; speak to me alone.” Thomas A` Kempis

May God teach us to wait silently before Him, may He give us a desperate longing to hear His voice and may we never be satisfied with anything less.

2007/12/9 9:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy