SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Soldiers are not made at ice-cream parties.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Soldiers are not made at ice-cream parties.

[color=000066][b]Letter from Bro. Clendennen[/color][/b]

[i]“But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matt. 24:37).[/i] There is no question but what these words of our lord exactly describe the twenty-first century church. Exactly what were those conditions? [i]“For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matthew 24:3 8-39)[/i] Though the signs of eminent destruction abounded it was business as usual. They did not know what was going on until the flood came and took them all away.

The thundering and lightening of judgment is seen everywhere on today’s horizon. The perilous times spoken of by the Apostle Paul are upon us now. Anti-Christ has a new weapon in his arsenal, “the suicide bomber.” It is a weapon without defense; all of a sudden there is no place to hide. Some of the greatest minds in America now say, that it is not a matter of if~, but when we will experience a nuclear attack. There is a hatred for Christ worldwide that is manifesting itself in terrible violence against those who belong to Christ. [b]Members of [u]our[/u] family[/b] are suffering and dying in Sudan, Laos, Indonesia, China, Mindanao, and all the world of Islam, because of their love for Christ. In those nations where there is not open aggression against Christ there are powerful political forces whose goal is to eliminate the very name of Christ.

Despite the abounding signs that the civilization, as we know it, is about to come to a close, with the vast majority of the Church it is business as usual. We spend billions of dollars on entertainment complexes in an effort to keep the lukewarm interested. Having led us to believe that the way to keep the young from going back into the world was to bring the world into the Church. The results, we have Church kids like their counter part in the world, who having become bored with life are filling the vacuum with drugs, sex and violence. [b]Soldiers are not made at ice cream parties.[/b] Soldiers are the product of the heat and challenges of life.

The world offers opportunity for self-advancement. It appeals mainly to self-interest. The appeal of Christianity is to those who crave to be rid of an unwanted self. All mass movements attract and hold a following not because they can satisfy the desire for self¬advancement, but because it can satisfy the passion for self-renunciation. A true believer is one “who is willing to sacrifice the present for the future.” Challenge the young with such an appeal and they will rise to the occasion.

I have written from my heart. I want to challenge you and I who still believe that we do have the answer to these perplexing times. There is no hope for this civilization apart from the Church once more becoming the Church. For the Church to become what God intends she must repent of her unbelief. I must clarify what I mean by unbelief. The word of God says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” It also says, “that whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Link these statements with this fact, faith only functions in the will of God. This in no uncertain terms says that whatever we do, no matter how good it looks, how much money it raises, or how many people it attracts, if it is not the Mind and Will of God it is unbelief. There are no gray areas, we either operate in faith and please God, or we operate in unbelief and sin against God.

The evidence of our unbelief is everywhere. God says, “My house shall be called a house of prayer,” We have made it everything but a house of prayer. We are commanded to make disciples (one who learns and puts into practice what he or she learns) of all nations; we have made converts who attend church once a week. God says, “train up the young in the way they should go.” The word ‘train’ means to discipline, we have spoiled them with our programs and toys. We are commanded to make intercession for the saints, yet a large part of this family suffers beyond our ability to describe. Where are the intercessors? We are commanded to “go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature,” yet because of our unbelief we spend the money on creature comfort and today two thousand million are perishing without ever hearing the Name of Jesus.

Finally, we who receive this letter can, together, reach the generation for Christ. If we will humble ourselves before God, and truly repent of our unbelief nothing shall be impossible unto us. Of those first disciples, who reached their generation, the word of God says, “they first gave themselves,” after that every thing else fell in place.

God bless you. I love you in the Lord and thank Him that He has put us together for this great end-time task.

Bro. Clendennen

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3221&forum=34#21324]Digged from the archive of SI.[/url][/b]

2007/12/3 19:41Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Soldiers are not made at ice-cream parties.

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
We spend billions of dollars on entertainment complexes in an effort to keep the lukewarm interested.
---------------------
The results, we have Church kids like their counter part in the world, who having become bored with life are filling the vacuum with drugs, sex and violence
--------------------
There is no hope for this civilization apart from the Church once more becoming the Church
--------------------
God says, “train up the young in the way they should go.” The word ‘train’ means to discipline, we have spoiled them with our programs and toys.

2007/12/4 16:46Profile

Re:

This is good stuff...

Krispy

2007/12/4 16:52

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy