Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Grow In Grace

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Grow In Grace

Grow in Grace

2 Peter 3:17-18
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. [18] But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

The Apostle warns … the beloved sons and daughters of God to take heed, lest they “be led away by the error of the wicked,” and so “fall from” their “steadfastness” [3:17]. And in order that they may know how to stand, and to be preserved from falling, he gives them this direction: “Grow in grace;” for the way to stand is to grow; the way to steadfastness is to go forward. There is no standing except for progression.…
Growth in grace is intimately connected with the growth “in knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.” In fact, there cannot be any grace at all except as we know Christ, and there can be no growth in grace except as we grow in our knowledge of Christ. We may always test ourselves whether we are growing by this: Do I know more of Christ today than I did yesterday? Do I live nearer Christ today than I did a little while ago? for increase in the knowledge of Christ is the very test as well as the cause of an increased growth in grace.…
May God grant you to grow in the knowledge of Christ. Read the Scriptures more. Seek more the influences of the Holy Spirit upon them … and … you shall each of you grow into the stature of perfect men in Jesus Christ.

Charles H. Spurgeon, Sermons of Rev. C.H. Spurgeon.

2007/12/3 4:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy