SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Divine Appointment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Divine Appointment

I heard a really good sermon today at church from a missionary from south Africa. I have always believed in divine appoitments and that nothing that happens in the life of a believer is by accident.

He was a maintanence man before he became a missionary and he would collect bibles from these abandoned trailers he had to clean out. He had lots of these bibles and he would pass them out to people. Almost a year later he met this woman and he began witnessing to her and he felt led to give her a bible. He went to his truck and opened the glove compartment and there were two bibles, one red and one blue. The Lord told him "the blue one is hers". He said "ok Lord if you say so". So he gave her the bible and she opened it up and recognized her name in the back. She asked the man "where did you get this bible?" and he told her. She said it was hers and that she had that bible since she was 8 years old after she was baptized.

Had he given her the red bible instead things would have not turned out the way they did.

He believes in asking God for a divine appointment and to just go to say a Walmart and expect to meet someone to witness to. You have to be willing to follow the leading of the Lord whatever He tells you to do even if it seems awkward.

2007/12/2 16:47

Re: Divine Appointment

Quote:
The Lord told him "the blue one is hers". He said "ok Lord if you say so".

That's amazing! The blue one [i][b]had[/b] been hers![/i]

That reminds me that I left a brand new Bible in a trailer a long time ago. I've often wanted to go and find it, and it never rises to the top of my list of priorities when I'm in that area of the country. But ... now I want to know if it's still available at all...

2007/12/2 23:13
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Divine Appointment

glorytoglory wrote:

Quote:

He believes in asking God for a divine appointment and to just go to say a Walmart and expect to meet someone to witness to. You have to be willing to follow the leading of the Lord whatever He tells you to do even if it seems awkward.

Now your talking.

This is one area where I think a lot of beleivers drop the ball. Every week I pray for a devine appointment for the next day. Low and behold, the Lord always provides some unbeliver that is open to speaking to about the Lord.

I have had many encounters with people that the Lord provides by praying for these appointments. What an awesome thing to let the Lord provide people to hear His word.

You wouldn't happen to have that message taped would you?

2007/12/2 23:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:

I have had many encounters with people that the Lord provides by praying for these appointments. What an awesome thing to let the Lord provide people to hear His word.

You wouldn't happen to have that message taped would you?

Amen! :-) I will try and find out for you tomorrow. If so I will get a couple of copies and mail you one if you like. I'll get back to you.

2007/12/2 23:36

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy