SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The kisses of his mouth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The kisses of his mouth

The kisses of his mouth

“Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.” [Son 1:2]

Here is life everlasting. “His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely.” [Son 5:16] All else is vanity. “…how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing?” [Psa 4:2] Set your love upon Jesus. Set your affection on him. He calls to his dearly loved, “Come near now, and kiss me, my son. Come near now, and kiss me, my daughter.”

“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips.” [Psa 63:3-5]

The only pleasure that is forevermore is found here. It is the pleasure that Jesus rains heavily upon them that fear him. “Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” [Psa 16:11] “They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.” Psa 36:8]

It is furthermore the pleasure that his dearly loved eagerly offer unto him in response to his love. “The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.” [Psa 147:11] The heart of God is pleased, delighted, and made glad when you simply obey him by loving and trusting him. You can actually touch the heart of God. You can actually bring joy to the Creator, the Savior, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Does this not encourage you to pray without ceasing? Does this not encourage you to rejoice in him always? Does this not encourage you to give thanks unto him in everything? For this is the purpose we have been created, to please him. “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.” [Rev 4:11]

Let us kiss him by suffering with him. Hearts that have been set ablaze with the flame of God’s love, choose “…rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.” [Heb 11:25] Let us draw near to him with such a kiss as this, for he has first kissed us in this approach. “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.” [1Pe 4:1] Truly he has kissed me with kisses of his mouth, in that he has suffered for me. Come close to him and kiss him in this approach. He receives this kiss from us when we cease from all sin and give him all the love and affection that he deserves. Let us kiss him by suffering for him. “Charity suffereth long…” [1Co 13:4] “For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake.” [Php 1:29]“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.” [1Pe 2:21-25]

All other pleasure is temporary and in the end it brings forth death, if one serves them. “But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.” [1Ti 5:6] “…lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.” [2Ti 3:4] “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” [2Th 2:12] “For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.” [Psa 5:4-5] “What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.” [Rom 6:21-22]

“For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.” [Tts 3:3-7]

The kisses of his mouth are new unto his dearly loved every morning. “This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” [Lam 3:21-23] He continues to comfort us with the kisses of his faithfulness. “Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.” [Psa 119:76] Oh, his kisses of compassion are new every morning! He passionately kisses us with the kisses of his mouth every morning. Does this not compel you to love him zealously? Does this not move you to excitedly labor to please him? Does this not bring tears of thankfulness to your heart? Though we have sinned in the past and brought grief to his heart, he still kisses us every morning so passionately with his faithful compassions. “Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.” [Son 1:4] “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.” [Psa 91:14]

We kiss the son, for he hath first kissed us. We give him love and affection, for he hath first affectionately loved us.

Those dearly loved ones, who have been kissed with the kisses of his mouth, have a vehement desire for others to kiss the Son. They have tasted and seen that the LORD is good. They shout with joy, “How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” [Psa 119:103] They plead with others, “…I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.” [Act 26:29]
They preach Jesus Christ and him crucified, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that they may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. They plead with souls, “Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.” [Psa 2:11-12]

2007/12/2 0:04
destinysweet

Re: The kisses of his mouth

Sweet! Wonderfully sweet and altogether lovely!

2007/12/2 0:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy