SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I'm having a Senior Moment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
chadster

I'm having a Senior Moment

A long while ago, I found through Sermon Index a ministry website which features a couple (who have many children as I recall, the husband has a long beard) Their site features many articles on how to raise children, morality, nutrition, etc. Does this ring any bells with anyone...I searched feverishly trying to find his web site, and for the life of me, I can't...my mistake for not bookmarking the page. Also, as I recall, this website may have been recommended by Denny Kenaston.

Thanks for any help that may be offered.

2007/12/1 17:41Profile

Re: I'm having a Senior Moment

Was it Michael and Debi Pearl?

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/

2007/12/1 17:47
chadster

Re:

Indeed it was...thank you so much, Roniya!

2007/12/1 22:02Profile
reformer

I have looked at the website trying to see what they are about. Do you know what the intention of the website is about?

Having two boys, sometimes we need all the advice that we can get. sometimes we can be at a lost on what to do. Especially trying to find a solid biblical tool to help and encourage your raising for children.

thanks
Mike

2007/12/2 9:06Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Quote:

Yah, I'll bet for a man your age, these kinds of "moments" are quickly turning into "minutes" and even "hours":) I guess I'll know about these things soon enough, should I be granted to enjoy a life as ancient as yours (I just hope I'm spared from incontinence).

Hope this cheered you up, old buddy. Should you need the number for the "scooter store", shoot me a PM. I knw a guy who works there, I might be able to get you one at cost.

Pablito :)

2007/12/2 11:48Profile

Re:

Quote:

reformer wrote:
I have looked at the website trying to see what they are about. Do you know what the intention of the website is about?

Having two boys, sometimes we need all the advice that we can get. sometimes we can be at a lost on what to do. Especially trying to find a solid biblical tool to help and encourage your raising for children.

thanks
Mike

I would say the biggest intention of No Greater Joy would be to provide child training tools for families seeking to raise their children in a Biblical way. There are other issues covered on the website but Michael and Debi Pearl first became well-known with their book, [url=http://shop.nogreaterjoy.org/product_info.php/cPath/1_14/products_id/69]Train Up A Child[/url] I haven't actually read the book (haven't really needed to yet) but I know it's been helpful to many families.

Our family has received [url=http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=14]No Greater Joy magazine[/url] for several years and I've always enjoyed reading it. The subscription is free so you could sign up and see if you like it. Not everyone cares for the Pearl's methods of child training but there is certainly much to glean from them.

You also might check out Voddie Baucham, there is a message on SI called [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16924&forum=35]The Centrality of the Christian Home[/url] He's also written a book on the Faith Driven Family that looks quite good.

There's a lot more resources that I could mention but I'll stop with those two. :-)

Blessings,
Joy

2007/12/3 15:56

Re:

The Pearls... now you've struck on a treasure chest. I highly recommend their books. Dont necessarily agree with [i]everything[/i], but when it comes to discipline and such, they are pretty much right on the money.

Krispy

2007/12/3 16:01
reformer

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:

Yah, I'll bet for a man your age, these kinds of "moments" are quickly turning into "minutes" and even "hours":) I guess I'll know about these things soon enough, should I be granted to enjoy a life as ancient as yours (I just hope I'm spared from incontinence).

Hope this cheered you up, old buddy. Should you need the number for the "scooter store", shoot me a PM. I knw a guy who works there, I might be able to get you one at cost.

Pablito :)

That actually made my day!!Pretty funny. You could do stand up and run the circuit of mega churches!! ;-) :-P :-P

2007/12/4 14:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Christian Comedians

Quote:
That actually made my day!!Pretty funny. You could do stand up and run the circuit of mega churches!!

Glad to have made your day. "Chadster" and I go a ways back; this was really an inside joke. I have the utmost respect for this precious, loving brother (elderly enough to be my dad, both spiritually and biologically).

Hey, did you know there's actually a CD out somewhere entitled, "Christian Comedians" - an anthology of entertainers that tell "clean jokes" about God and Christianity (i.e. blasphemy) and consider it their ministry. Concert organizers will fund these clowns to come and host mega youth rallies and tell their stupid jokes between the gigs.

Christian Comedians. As if it wasn't amazing enough to see these two professions grouped together in a single sentence, now we have such being deemed [i]ministerial?[/i]

George Whitefield wept before the crowds; now we make them laugh.

Brother Paul

2007/12/4 14:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy