SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Serious Warning from Paul.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Serious Warning from Paul.

{Eph 6:10-18}

[b]"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.[/b]

[i]For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand - Stand therefore[/i], having [b]your loins girt about with Truth[/b], and having on [b]the breastplate of righteousness[/b];

And your [b]feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace[/b];

[u]Above all[/u], taking the [b]shield of faith[/b], wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take [b]the helmet of salvation[/b], and [b]the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God[/b]:

[u] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"[/u]

~ If we look closely at this Apostasy that we're seeing all about us now - we'll see that what is being "attacked" is our Armor - Without which Paul says, we can't stand against what is here or coming.

Looking at each of these individually - I think we'll see just how each has been watered down or tossed aside by these new teachings etc., that are in the supposed church.

I believe this is serious business.

[b]Belt of 'TRUTH'

Breastplate of 'RIGHTEOUSNESS'

Sandals of 'PEACE'

Shield of 'FAITH'

Helmet of 'SALVATION'

Sword of the spirit "GOD'S WORD"[/b]

[url=http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/armorofgod-txt.html]See two helpful Charts[/url]

Lord Bless all!

2007/11/30 17:28
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: A Serious Warning from Paul.

Belt of 'TRUTH': Whom is Christ

Breastplate of 'RIGHTEOUSNESS': Whom is Christ

Sandals of 'PEACE': Whom is Christ

Shield of 'FAITH'" Whom is Christ

Helmet of 'SALVATION': Whom is Christ

Sword of the spirit "GOD'S WORD" Whom is Christ

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof].

Ephesians 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The wicked one has already been overcome in the world.

Jhn 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Satan cannot touch us unless we give him strength by believing he is not defeated at the Cross. It is all in the believing, believe and you will be saved, believe that Satan is attacking and he can.

In Christ's Armour: Phillip

2007/12/1 2:57Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

Thank you for the reminder, especially the link with children's teaching in it. I just quickly skimmed over it, but the thing that stuck out was that when we abide in Christ and put on Christ we have protection. when we open ourselves to untruth, unrighteousness, chaos, doubt, and let all that keep us from the Word of God, we leave ourselves open for attack and harm because we have laid off the Lord Jesus and traded Him for these things.

One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:8 and goes with this thought.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsover things are just, whatsover things are pure, whatsover things are lovely, whatsover things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

It is good to check our lives with these things and those in the Ephesians armor to make sure we're not veering off.
Lastly the prayer... This a a great reminder that our "line of communication" needs to be always open because our omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient God will keep us from all harm when we stay close. Thanks again for the Serious Warning.

Love in Christ Barry

2007/12/1 5:27Profile

Lord Bless you Barry.

When I posted this thread, what I was seeing is "the Apostasy" - the falling away from Truth, that Jesus and the rest warned us of - that would come in [i]these days[/i] - that many are discussing and experiencing first hand and are yet to come.

Thanking God that questions are given a place for discussion here, because many out there just go with the flow of their church or pastors/teachers, never questioning or taking the Berean route alone, for themselves.

We can say we're "in Christ" - yet Jesus, Paul, John, Peter and Jude warned us, that in these last days, we must take that extra caution of watching and being aware 'how' the enemy is working through false teachers, prophets, signs and wonders and so forth. The list of warnings to "shore up" for these would make a long list of Scriptures.

The six areas that the symbolic Armor covers, that are under attack in these last day - takes diligence and watchfulness on our part.

These are just a few areas that I felt the Lord was showing within this last week. What He was showing, was all the Deceptions out there and how they are increasing - and by Deception, one can "believe" they have all of the below - but without the Full armor - most especially The Sword - as Paul said, we will not be able to stand "in the evil day".
Paul would have never written all of Eph 6:10-18 if each of those 9 verses were not important.

Belt of 'TRUTH' - False doctrines are on the increase. Impossible to list them all here. They 'are' on the increase. The Word of GOD says, "MOST will fall away."

Breastplate of 'RIGHTEOUSNESS' - the two extremes that will destroy a walk with God - Easy-Believism or Legalism.

Sandals of 'PEACE' - We were warned that the attacks from the enemy and even from those in "the church" would Increase in the last days - the attempts to throw people into confusion, outward attacks, and demonic attacks would attempt to rob those who are trying hard to walk their talk by aiming at their Peace in Christ.

Shield of 'FAITH' - Here we have the Hyperfaith movements and those like them - to those teachings that weaken the Faith - like legalism, just for one. The number of these faith weaking teachings are numerous.

Helmet of 'SALVATION' - again - where either Easy Believism or Legalism can disarm or destroy.

Sword of the spirit "GOD'S WORD" - This - HIS WORD - is taking a secondary place in most places and being replaced by the words of men - men's opinions and the [i]mishandling[/i] of His Word.
Without the Sword - what place has a soldier in warfare ? Most especially the warfare that The Word says is Yet to come ?

Thank God for Bereans. Thank God for those who heed the warning to "Watch" and for those who take heed to the 'Signs' that Jesus told us to watch for, in "those days" --- which are just beginning in these days.

{Eph 6:10-18}

[i]"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand - Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with Truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"[/i]

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2007/12/1 12:32
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2 Corinthians 1:9-10 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

When we were dead in trespasses and sin He Quickened us. Eph 2:1 And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

In Spirit, delivered, in soul mind, doth deliver, In Body, will yet deliver.

The Spirit of Christ in you. Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The soul mind: 1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

The Body: 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Saved in Spirit, being saved in soul, will be saved in body.

This is what the Armour protects, Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/1 13:55Profile

Re:

Hia Brother Philip, I don't disagree with the Scriptures, but we must take Paul's and the other Authors of our N.T. serious when they speak of our warfare and I find Scripture that would basically contradict the last line that you wrote in your first post.

Quote: "Satan cannot touch us unless we give him strength by believing he is not defeated at the Cross. It is all in the believing, believe and you will be saved, believe that Satan is attacking and he can."

1Th 2:18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

Just for one, besides the opening verses in the first post.

2007/12/1 14:10
destinysweet

Sharing a few thoughts on "having our feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace"...We know the word gospel means truth...and Jesus is the Truth...He is also the Prince of Peace...the truth of peace...truth also means reality...Jesus is Reality..His thinking/viewpoint/ perspective and Word is the capital R Reality vs. all of the lesser realities that men live by...alternate realities all.Our feet perform a function in that without them we do not stand and we do not walk...we are held up by our feet....they are in a way foundational to our standing. The 1st thing we think of in this being shod is the foundational truth of the cross of Christ providing forgiveness and the impetus for our confession and repentance to cleanse us from sin and to provide for us the amazing reality of our peace with God..through Him who is our peace...this is basic...we are made one with God (through His intercession for us) in that there is no seperation(sp?). We are called to be peacemakers. Jesus says to love your enemies and pray for them,turning the other cheek etc...no revenge/retaliation allowed in His Way. It is written that God will make the righteous man to be at peace with his enemies...and we are exhorted to guard the unity of the brethren of which we share the covenant with Christ that the peace of God will dwell richly in our midst...we know that the wisdom from above is 1st pure and then peaceable.I would offer you a portion of this vision I was given a few years back while in prayer for leadership in the body of Christ.

I am in large upper room where I have come to gather with American leadership confessing Christ as King after years of working 'in the fields' among the very least of these my brethren,outside the buildings and their ceilings.I have brought with me a many course meal that many angels have helped me balance and set on an large empty table upon coming in the door.I am dressed in a white robe with a golden many strand belt around my waist,like the one Jesus was wearing when He appeared to me in 1980,a wonderful visitation as in differing from a vision)Getting the attention of those who were there before me...(there is a portion sealed here)I find I am holding a bowl of clear water and a towel is draped over my arm ...I encourage all the folks to sit down so that I can wash their feet,they do..some grousing a bit over this request at first...then I ask them if they will please take off their combat boots...they look down to untie the ties that bind and all become shocked to see the hideous truth of what clings to and stains their boots and laces.Human blood and the blackened soot of seared flesh...the flesh and blood of those blown apart in Bagdad by America's weapons of mass destruction...as I stop beside each one to wash them, the reality of their collusion/guilt in this hits home,as the eyes of those considering themselves shepherd,evangelist,teacher,apostle and prophet alike are opened to see themselves in those moments when they came into agreement with the carnal notion of aligning themselves and their followers with the promotion of earthly war,also each time they spoke out publicly in favor of war in Iraq. While they wept the angels took away the offending boots and each one was given a humble pair of sandals that were the exact same design as the ones I saw Jesus wearing,just under those huge gaping holes/scars when He'd come to speak to me and stroke my forehead(wow)..as He introduced me to the angels who were assigned to me... in person(as mentioned above))..as they were placing the sandals on their feet, He appeared in the vision and spoke to them all..He said to me aside in explanation that many of the men would let me serve them but very few would really listen to me because of my being a woman and all..and since what He had to say was of the utmost of importance for them to be able to stay firmly on his path..He was taking no chances with them missing this truth about peace again. Of the things that He said...this stands out in my mind to share at this time...He explained the way their feet had run to the paths of violence and bloodshed..He asked them to know Him as the Prince of Peace in a fuller,more all inclusive manner..not only as in their own private peace within themselves...In the kingdom of heaven as it is with love..peace is not peace until you lavish it upon others as well.
There was a bit more but I am being called away to attend to something else and this is enough for you to get what I am contributing about manifold dimensions in considering the importance of having our feet shod with the right gospel...the fullness of His truth of peace...does it mirror His or man's notions of how to conquer the works of darkness? May we all come into a much more perfect union with Him who reigns in righteousness...Jesus Christ...the Anointed Redeemer. Be well, beloved Destiny

2007/12/1 16:25Profile

I suppose I admire Paul the most for his strong sense of Apologetic accuracy and his knowledge of every religious type belief of his time.

He could go to speak knowledgeably in Athens, or Rome - wherever he went, he knew the beliefs of those in that region.

I believe the LORD has called us to such discernment also.

Deception and discernment were both stressed by Jesus and his Apostles who penned the N.T..

There are many good Sites that could be posted to help fine tune our discernment of deceptions, but for now, I'd like to just leave two here.

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/index.html

http://www.crossroad.to/index.html

2007/12/1 19:18
destinysweet

Re:

I checked out those sites you provided...I have a question..what are these guys saying ...that Paul never actually saw Jesus on the road to Damascus...or had a mystical experiance? Or that we are never to be still like a weaned child. Must our minds be ever full of our own thoughts? Are they saying that we don't get to actually hear the voice of our Shepherd?Or experiance the transformation of our human mind(soulish)by the washing of the water of His word and recieve the mind of Christ...if we have spiritual eyes and ears do we not also have a spiritual mind as well? Or perhaps that the only way God speaks is through His written word alone? I am just needing a little clarification here? I'm hoping these guys are't throwing out the baby with the bath water...do they think dancing is wrong too? Would you please clarify?

2007/12/1 21:14Profile

Re:

How much did you read off of these two sites ?

I think if you read more from them, all these questions wouldn't be.

Is 'Contemplative Spirituality' what has you asking so many questions ?

2007/12/1 21:23

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy