SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joseph Farah has Excellent Article up about Rick Warren's Efforts for Unity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Do be careful that you do not make evaluations according to YOUR slant unsubstantiated by adequate research. And do be careful that you do not pigeonhole others, including RW, according to YOUR biased criteria. For in doing so, your sin could be greater than the one you are condemning.

My sin is ever before me.

Regarding the NIV, I am blessed that you are using it. However, I was only commenting on the one verse regarding two people that should come into agreement (NIV) or should have the mind of Christ (KJV). That shouldn't offend anybody. We shouldn't always just take a version at face value. There are several instances in the KJV that I would like it to be worded differently because it just doesn't look right. For example,
Quote:
1 Corinthians 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

Should I be covetous now? Certainly not! Perhaps the translation could have read "welfare", who knows. And there are several instances.

Stay cool 8-)

P.S. For all others when reading the above statement that I made, "I would like it to be worded differently because it just doesn't look right". Please read into what I am saying. I am not saying that I want the KJV to read according to my understanding, I am only referring to the grammer that was used at the time it was written. If not, then TORA! TORA! TORA!

2007/12/1 12:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy