SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How can you call yourselves Christians and be so mean at the same time?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MarkOne

Re:

Why doesn’t it occur to anyone that this fellow, beginning this thread, in fact is right??

The offence is committed, but with gentleness and prayer.

MarkOne

2007/11/30 11:13Profile
WithTheWind

Re:

Writing, exposing ones thoughts in a forum like this is in a sense quite dangerous.
What lies behind a person’s words? What kind of experiences lies at the root of his words? Does he simply express himself poorly? Is he ill-tempered? Does he want to provoke, even to be mean.
What filters does the reader use? Is he – or she – easily offended. Does the reader take in what is written in the same mood and mode as the writer? Is it even possible?
Folks, there are so many things to take heed to that we should stop writing at once if it were not for grace and kindness.
Be patient and learn kind-heartedness.
An observer.

2007/11/30 11:42Profile

Re:

... all of this is true, but apparently this thread was started by someone who is disgruntled. If this is who some suspect it is, the person was not interested in abiding by the rules of the thread, and that is why they were locked out.

My opinion on this is that the person was here with the intention of stirring things up among the brethren... and they are continuing to do so.

This thread should simply be ignored.

Krispy

2007/11/30 12:20
WithTheWind

Re:

On the contrary, Krispy. . .
This thread, if handled with generosity, would be one among the very few which would be an opening to spiritual growth and revival talks.

2007/11/30 12:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
This thread, if handled with generosity, would be one among the very few which would be an opening to spiritual growth and revival talks.

Well, I would argue that you are dismissing a lot of good threads and testimonies on this forum. As has been stated by the admins of this forum lately, it is hard to arrive here at this forum and draw an accurate conclusion about what is going on here in a short period of time. There have been many many things over the course of several years that you may or may not be privy to.

I would give it some time and some research before you criticize the forum so generally... which you are doing, albeit in a nice and gracious way.

By the way... welcome! I'm glad your here!

Krispy

2007/11/30 12:51
WithTheWind

Re:

Dear Krispy,

I have been observing for a long, long time. . .
Not to provoke, but you are coming to a conclusion which only proves my posting regarding how we are looking at and understanding another man’s postings.
Just because I haven’t posted before does not mean that I am unfamiliar with lines of thoughts, manners and procedures.
The main intent of this web site is revival – one of the least discussed subjects.

Thank you for a kind welcome. . .
WithTheWind

2007/11/30 13:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy