SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Whatsoever you bind on earth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The ability to walk on water if Jesus told you to is not just literal. Walking on water can also be spiritual.

There are things that God may ask you to do but He will always equip you to do it. God will never asks you to do anything you are not equipped to do.

For instance if you look at some of the suffering other christians are going through around the world you may say "I could never endure that". I'm sure at one point they may have said the same thing but God's grace is more than sufficient to carry you through any storm in your life.

Peter lost faith when he took his eyes off Jesus and looked down at his circumstances.

Matthew 14:29-31
29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

2007/11/30 13:01

Re: Whatsoever you bind on earth

Hi all

This is an interesting and important subject.

No time to look it up but if I remember rightly the main Gospel context of this is forgiving someone who has wronged you.

Something that helped me understand what this "binding and loosing" is when it was pointed out that in the original it literally means "what you bind on earth [b][i]shall have been bound[/i][/b] in heaven. I checked, and it actually is the true meaning of the original.

Prosperity and wof preachers claim that heaven follows our lead, if we declare something or someone bound or loosed then Heaven will ratify our word. The true meaning is the other way around. If something has [i][b]already[/b][/i] been bound or loosed in heaven then we have permission to declare heaven's judgment on earth with heaven's (that is God's) authority.

Have you ever tried to pray for somethiung or someone and met with a complete blank - you struggle to find even words, and the heavens seem as brass? Yet there are also times when the prayer suddenly bursts through with such authority and power that you know God is in it! That is when Heaven has already spoken the Word.

[i]Our[/i] words have no power, but [i]His[/i] Word has. It makse no difference if He speaks it directly, through the pages of Scripture, or through us. His Word does not return to Him empty, our words are but empty wind without His Spirit. He moves where HE wills, not where we will.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/12/1 13:06
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen Jeannette,

It cannot be done on earth as it is in heaven unless it originates in heaven

In Christ, originated in heaven: Phillip

2007/12/2 2:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If my brother sins against and I forgive him, that is what is loosed from heaven because that is what God has done for us.

This is the essence of the verse :18

Forgiven from heaven and birthed in Christ: which is loosed on earth Phillip

2007/12/2 2:35Profile

Re:

Greetings all,

glorytoglory said

Quote:
Peter lost faith when he took his eyes off Jesus and looked down at his circumstances.

I've been reading this thread with interest and learning a bit.

I don't know if this talk by Ron Bailey, which I have not yet heard through, will cover some of what was on Dian's mind when she posted the thread, but it claims to cover the breaking of bondage to fear.

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/details_35.html]David and Goliath[/url]

If anyone listens to it, please would you post on whether binding and loosing gets a mention, and if so, how it is explained? Thanks.

2007/12/3 14:04

Re:

The concept of "binding and loosing" is taught in Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

In this verse, Jesus is speaking directly to the Apostle Peter, and indirectly to the other apostles. Jesus' words meant that Peter would have the right to enter the kingdom himself, would have general authority therein symbolized by the possession of the keys, and preaching the gospel would be the means of opening the kingdom of heaven to all believers and shutting it against unbelievers.

The book of Acts shows us this process at work. By his sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-40), Peter opened the door of the kingdom for the first time. The expressions "bind" and "loose" were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare forbidden or to declare allowed.

Peter and the other disciples were to continue on earth the work of Christ in preaching the gospel and declaring God's will to men, and were armed with the same authority as He Himself possessed.

In Matthew 18, there is also a definite reference to the binding and loosing of church discipline. The apostles do not usurp Christ's lordship and authority over individual believers and their eternal destiny, but they do exercise the authority to discipline and, if necessary, excommunicate disobedient church members.

Christ in heaven ratifies what is done in His name and in obedience to His Word on earth. In both Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, the syntax of the Greek text makes the meaning clear. What you bind on earth will already have been bound in Heaven. What you loose on earth will already have been loosed in Heaven.

In other words, Jesus in heaven, looses the authority of His Word as it goes forth on earth for the fulfillment of its purpose.

2007/12/3 16:10
psalm1

Re:

I would like to add that this subject is first mentioned in ch 16;19 and it is prefaced by "I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven"
Also...."the gates of hell shall not prevail against the church"
I dont see a direct connection to foregiveness with binding and loosing in chapter 18.
I counted 8 diff subjects before he says binding and loosing. Then the next sentance is .."If 2 on earth shall agree as touching anything that they ask it shall be done for them of my father which is in heaven."
Binding is restricting and loosing is allowing.
Notice 3 references to earth and heaven
No longer do we have an earthly priesthood but have been given the keys,or access to heaven.
this combined with the authority of that name,Jesus,we have confidence when we pray that whatever we pray for will be done.
and some broken down gate of hell wont stop the power of God.
So lets find some things to disallow and some things to allow and change the world we live in.
...David

2007/12/3 16:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is what comes down from above, and this is what our prayers should be centered on.

John 16:21-28 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. ((((((Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.))))) These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Ask for material things is asking amiss because your heavenly Father knows what you need before you even ask. Don't ask amiss or you won't receive.

This not only includes material possessions but also where you go and what you do, It is God that gives of His pleasure, not ours.

James 4:1-17 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. (((((Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.))))) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. (((((Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.)))))

Don't ask with wrong motives or it is sin.

Ask aright and you will receive.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/12/5 14:25Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
I believe praying the following over ourselves and others is very profitable.

That's witch craft. We come against invisiable forces through prayer & resisting & dieing to ourselves, as concerning our prayers for others we lift them up to the Lord and ask Him to bless them or do what ever the Holy Spirit lays on our hearts to do. We in no way can create a type of spiritual atmosphere around us or others by our pronouncements of binding or loosing almost like casting a spell, placed as in the setting above it is New Age and witchcraft in its practice.
When the Bible talks about spirit of understanding or spirit of.....fill in the blank....unless it's describing an attribute of God what it means is a dispositional trait or characteristic. Lord work in me a spirit of.... or a character of kindness...meekness etc....We don't recieve **ZAP**!!suddenly a spirit of anything, the Holy Spirit is enough, we have the fullness of the God in us already, we love to crate ways to circumvent the cross in its development of our character. There is no short cut to simply asking God for grace to help in a time of need. I'll post a seperate application to these principles found in Matt 16 and 18.

2007/12/5 16:48Profile
Spitfire

Re: witchcraft?

Daryl said,

Quote:
That's witch craft. We come against invisiable forces through prayer & resisting & dieing to ourselves, as concerning our prayers for others we lift them up to the Lord and ask Him to bless them or do what ever the Holy Spirit lays on our hearts to do.

When I began this thread, I was also writing in another thread in general topics called, "Ungodly husband?" I have shared some things there about interceding for my husband and I had awakened one morning recently and had this scripture running through my head. I had been searching for the scriptural basis for the way that the Lord had taught me to pray and believe that this verse on binding and loosing was it.

Quote:
We come against invisiable forces through prayer & resisting & dieing to ourselves, as concerning our prayers for others we lift them up to the Lord and ask Him to bless them or do what ever the Holy Spirit lays on our hearts to do.

What I did and what I feel the Lord taught me to do was to pray in my husband's stead in repentance and renouncing my/his association with ungodly things. I believe it was a key in loosing my husband from some strongholds that were keeping him from seeing some things he
needed to see. He was, after all, dead in his sins (not being born again at the time I began to do this). I literally "represented" him in prayers of repentance and the darkness and bondage began to lift. I think, for those who want to understand what I'm trying to say a bit better, you should go and read the other thread. Love, Dian.

2007/12/7 6:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy