SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

"Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala

"Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala.

5 out of 5 stars.

What a refreshing book indeed. This book is a powerful call back to the boldness to seek God at His throne of grace. It is a call to prayer, boldness, and a deeper walk with God. Cymbala shows us that it's not about clever church-growth strategies or psuedo spiritual warfare techniques that causes the the Church to thrive. Rather, the Church thrives only when it only truly makes its business to seek God, and be satisfied with nothing less than God. Prepare to be challanged and awakened to a deeper hunger for God after you read this book.

2004/5/28 17:05Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala

I agree, this is book is challenging and a great blessing.

One thing impressed upon me when I read this book was how vital corporate prayer is in a church. This book was a catalyst in getting me involved in prayer meetings. I believe this is one area where the enemy has really broken down the church. Like Ravenhill said, "the barometer of a church is its prayer meeting". It's no wonder there are so many storms in our churches.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/5/28 19:13Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

One thing impressed upon me when I read this book was how vital corporate prayer is in a church. This book was a catalyst in getting me involved in prayer meetings. I believe this is one area where the enemy has really broken down the church. Like Ravenhill said, "the barometer of a church is its prayer meeting". It's no wonder there are so many storms in our churches.

Indeed. Could it be said that if a church doesn't pray together that it isn't a church? I believe that is what the Lord has made me conclude recently.

2004/5/28 20:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy