SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A noticeable difference.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

What it is not

It is not a 'chat room'.
It is not a place to bring an agenda regardless of intentions.
It is not a place for promotion of ones self, website or wares.
It is not 'denominational' while gleaning from many.
It is neither legalistic nor 'anything goes'.
It is not a place for politics, politicians, policy's nor particular support thereof. More on this below.*

What it is

It is first and foremost a privilege.
It is a gathering of saints now throughout the world.
And that alone may be the most important factor to keep in mind at all times.
It is a place to share, discuss, listen, think and grow into all things in Jesus Christ.
It is bible based.
It is for the most part "KJV" preferred, but not "only".
It is apostolic in it's desire to return to Old Paths;

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

Jer 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

It is in aim and undergirding Revival.
A Revival of God's thought.
Of others and lastly, ourselves.
It may be said that this is the mindset, better the heart set that resides back of intentions and motivations to all that is expressed on SermonIndex.

It is a longing for, praying for, a Revival of the same substance that is expressed through the many resources available here.

It is this foundation and focus while fostering a great freedom of discussion within some practical guidelines.

2007/11/29 10:03
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Suggestion

Always a good opportunity to mention mining the site as well. The search functions are helpful and also a good idea before starting a new post on something that may have already been addressed extensively.

Sometimes just to slow down and read some 'longish' posts\articles and meditate on them is a helpful thing. There is so much here saints to contemplate and consider.

2007/11/29 10:05Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Suggestion

I noticed it starting to change during the prep for the Revival Conference. I've also noticed that some of the long time posters have fallen silent, so some of the more conservative voices have fallen short.

I really noticed a change when it seemed that there were a lot of people on the forum advocating unitarianism or universalism, that threw me for a loop, I don't know what the forum needs to recover, maybe it's God's working.

2007/11/29 10:08Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
iansmith wrote:
I noticed it starting to change during the prep for the Revival Conference. I've also noticed that some of the long time posters have fallen silent, so some of the more conservative voices have fallen short.

I think this is because Greg is pretty busy lately, and at the time of preparation of the conference. Also brother Mike. And when some new members are coming, before they to introduce themselves and get to know the spirit of the forum or heard any sermon from here, they are starting posting, and usually things are getting out of order, without having someone to moderate them.

Of course this site is open to the whole world and to every kind of people, so sometimes is impossible everything to be as it should be. But my main concern is that this site has changed so much people and challenged their walk, and we have holy obligation this not to be stopped. We must do everything, the things to go in right direction, of course if we care about this site.
But sometimes, it is more than obvious that someone needs to guide the flock, this is principle in the church and should be here. It is fact that sheep without shepherd are lost. Elders and authorities need to give their voice. Greg and Mike are doing this very carefully and listening the voice of the Holy Spirit. We must [b]support[/b] them, to may continue to do this faithfully.

Quote:
Mike wrote:
Sometimes just to slow down and read some 'longish' posts\articles and meditate on them is a helpful thing. There is so much here saints to contemplate and consider.

I think this is very important, very. I am afraid that much of the articles that are very edifying and very good, are going neglected. Also going through some older threads is very good.

I hope we will value the resources that has been give to us here. And we will take more time to read, listen and meditate upon them, and we have something to share and said, prayfully do that, for the benefit of everyone who is reading here.

Let us not forget that what you wrote is read by more than you imagine, and has impact good or bad, than imagine.

In the community rules it is written:

Please, pray.
Pray before you post.
Pray as you write in response.
Pray, and ask the question of the Lord;
"Should I?"
Listen, give yourself a minute.
Pray one last time and pause before you submit.

After all:

4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

10 Proving [b]what is acceptable unto the Lord.[/b]

2007/11/29 10:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
Please forgive me if I’ve offended…….

Sharlene, please... no offense was taken. I just wasnt some clarification of what you were saying. I'm glad you responded too.

Krispy

2007/11/29 11:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy