SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Bookstores Refuse to Sell Gay Study Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Christian Bookstores Refuse to Sell Gay Study Bible

Conservative Christian bookstores are refusing to sell copies of a new Bible study guide that challenges standard New Testament translations that teach gay sex is sin.

U.S. distributor God’s Word to Women has banned the Australian publication and withdrawn another Bible translation by the same publishing company, Smith and Stirling, for promoting a lifestyle contradictory to scriptures, according to the Australian newspaper The Age.

Moreover, Australia’s largest Christian retailer, Koorong, said it is unlikely to carry Ann Nyland’s Study New Testament for Gay, Lesbian, Bi, and Transgender if the version proves controversial.

In the study guide, Nyland contends that the word “arsenokoites” has been wrongly interpreted to mean homosexual. According to the classical Greek lexicographer, the word’s meaning is one who anally penetrates another and does not exclusively apply to males, according to The Age.

She further claims that most New Testament translations are based on a lack of understanding of Greek word meaning, context, and disregard for academic research.

Because of Nyland’s authorship of the gay study Bible, two American scholars have withdrawn their endorsements from her other works.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20071126/30221_Christian_Bookstores_Refuse_to_Sell_Gay_Study_Bible.htm

2007/11/29 2:23
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Christian Bookstores Refuse to Sell Gay Study Bible

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

2007/11/29 2:51Profile

Re:

The Christian book store should have plenty of gay study Bibles. KJV, NIV whatever the translation may be it will give the gays plenty of info about homosexuality being a sin, if it don't give it, it not a Bible and should not be in the Christian Book Store.
Maybe this person needs to check with the ACLU or their partner in crime and see if they have re-written any books that tell him a lies about homosexuality, if a lie is what he really wants to hear.

2007/12/3 10:08

Re:

Consider all the rest of the false teachers and false doctrines on the best sellers lists, and available at most Christian bookstores, it is surprising to see them take this stand, to be totally honest about it.

Krispy

2007/12/3 10:11
HIServant

Apostasy, "luke-warm", seeker sensitive, demonic, others?

I also read where the Pope wants to sit down with Muslim leaders in the news today. Tolerance, "religous blending", etc. To even "make" such a Bible is a hideous error. It gives argument to that persuasion that it's ok. "We have our own Bible". I liken such to the fallacy which Dan Brown wrote with the DaVinci Code. It is compromising at the very least then...to permit it's presence around the NIV, KJV and so forth. As such, I submit we should all be against allowing such tragic error to be presented as "truth". Else what do we stand for?

2007/12/3 10:18Profile

Re:

That's right Krispy, I really doubt if I could find 2 books in any Book Store, other than the Bible, that I agree with 100%. That's why I don't hardly ever refer anyone to a book, other than the Bible, when posting. I can only remember ever mentioning one book in a post, other than the Bible, off hand. It was 90 minutes in heaven. The guy really has a testimony. I heard him preach once after I read the book.

2007/12/3 10:48
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
It was 90 minutes in heaven. The guy really has a testimony. I heard him preach once after I read the book.

Have you ever read or listened to "23 minutes in Hell"? Another great testimony. I can send an audiocopy, it is not copywrited and available for all.

2007/12/3 11:28Profile
HIServant

Don Piper: 90 Minutes in Heaven...excellent book

I believe you're referring to Don Piper. I agree. His testimony is powerful.

2007/12/3 12:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Have you ever read or listened to "23 minutes in Hell"? Another great testimony. I can send an audiocopy, it is not copywrited and available for all.

I've read it and heard it on a CD... but I dont buy it. Too many things in his testimony that doesnt line up with scripture, in my opinion.

Krispy

2007/12/3 12:27
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Don Piper: 90 Minutes in Heaven...excellent book

Quote:

HIServant wrote:
I believe you're referring to Don Piper. I agree. His testimony is powerful.

It's actually from Bill Wise (23 minutes).

Krispy,

Some like it and other dislike it. What in his testimony wasn't scriptual? It had been a year since I listened to it, so I do not recall all of the testimony?

Thanks

2007/12/3 12:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy