SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Denying Christ or Wisdom?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Denying Christ or Wisdom?

My husband was speaking to someone, who said is it okay, if your life was threatened, to deny Christ, but still believe in your heart.

My husband said to him, there are testimonies of people who have confessed Christ, and God delivered them. Nice.

However, there were those who confessed Christ and were martyred.

The thing is, scripture tells us, if we deny Him, He will also deny us, 2 Tim 2v12, and that does not necessarily mean our lives have to be threatened in order for us to deny Christ.

Scripture also tells us, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God, Heb 10v31.

But, until we do actually encounter a life or death situation, we will not know whether or not we are really living for Christ or not.

I could go on, but I won't bore you.

God bless.

2007/11/28 11:39Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Denying Christ or Wisdom?

very interesting post.

2007/11/28 12:07Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I think it is a very typical belief in the US to think that martyrdom is a scary thing. I think if we would examine churches around the world we would find it to be more of a real issue, and we would see young believers, who are barely saved but have a conviction of Christ even unto death.

I suggest reading a few stories to the person out of Fox's book of martyrs.

I always wonder though, if someone is not willing to lay his life down for Christ, what is the extent of that man's love for Christ?

I personally long for my own martyrdom, my older brother told me once that if He ever is really old, and feeling useless for the kingdom, that he is going to travel to mecca and preach the gospel in the streets until he is martyred.

You get a bigger crown for martyrdom you know. :-P

2007/11/28 12:18Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Thankfully, I do have Fox's Book of Martyrs, but I don't think it would be worthwhile giving it to him.

As for his love for Christ? If I say anything I'll be called judgmental. What's new?

So, I'll say it anyway.

There are no fruits in his life to show his salvation, other than he comes to church.

For him to ask such a question should speak for itself.

For me, there is no wisdom in denying Christ, not for anything.

But when we are confronted with such an issue, our response will show how much we love the Lord, if at all.

And as for mecca, tell your brother to save money by coming to the UK instead, plenty of muslims here!

Then again, if your going to die, who cares how much you spend?

God bless.

2007/11/28 12:55Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I have found enid, when dealing with the issue of whether a man is saved or not, there are two things to pay attention to, one is this,

Does that man have the fruit of the spirit operating in his life?

Does that man have a consciousness of the greatness of his sin, and the greatness of the mercy of God?

Outside of that, I go to the person and I ask them many questions, so that they open the door to speak on any issue. But always very careful in what questions are asked.

2007/11/28 13:16Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Anyone remember Peter?

[u][b]Matthew 26:73-75[/b][/u]

[i]And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, “Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you.”
Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!”
Immediately a rooster crowed. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.[/i]

I think that it is good to remember that it is not above ANY of us to deny the Lord. I dread the day that I "think I have arrived". It is in every human being to deny the Lord, especially under duress, but what we do when we are in that situation will determine eternal life.

If you think you have arrived, look into yourself. To get to a place where there is no more wisdom and revelation needed is a dangerous place.

2007/11/28 13:49Profile

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Anyone remember Peter?

[u][b]Matthew 26:73-75[/b][/u]

[i]And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, “Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you.”
Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!”
Immediately a rooster crowed. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.[/i]

I think that it is good to remember that it is not above ANY of us to deny the Lord. I dread the day that I "think I have arrived". It is in every human being to deny the Lord, especially under duress, but what we do when we are in that situation will determine eternal life.

If you think you have arrived, look into yourself. To get to a place where there is no more wisdom and revelation needed is a dangerous place.

Thank you for that reminder. Peter's problem was that he was trusting in his own faithfulness and courage, not trusting the Lord. This gave Satan an opportunity to "sift him like wheat", not only through the denial itself but the despair and condemnation that must have followed when he realised what he had done.

And maybe that despair, without Jesus' prayers, would have caused him to do what Judas did - commit suicide.

Satan seeks by all and every means to destroy, corrupt, or otherwise make ineffective, the servants of God (I doubt if Judas was ever among that number, so Jesus let him go to perdition).

Persecution is coming for us in Western nations, maybe before very long.

Our own strength won't be sufficient for the coming storm, but His will be if we trust Him.

And even if we fail, there is the word He spoke to Peter, [i][b]"I have prayed for you..."[/b][/i]

What a comfort that is.

in HIm

Jeannette

2007/11/28 17:26
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Revelation 21v8

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

2007/11/29 4:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy