SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a Christian vote an atheist into public office with a clear conscious?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Can a Christian vote an atheist into public office with a clear conscious?

To answer your question - Yes.

Hi Friends,

I know that voting for someone is a decision of personal choice. Lets throw this scripture into the pot just to maybe broaden our thinking.

God speaking about Cyrus:

Isa 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isa 45:1 Thus saith the LORD [b]to his anointed[/b], to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
Isa 45:2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
Isa 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
Isa 45:4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, [b]though thou hast not known me.[/b]

I know this was not a democratic state but a kingdom so there was no personal choice for the people in who they vote for. But, even in this environment with all the demonic activity of this nation God still directed him to fulfill his will.

2007/11/29 2:56Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:

Should christians be active participants in civil government? Should christians be active participants in a democracy (of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, and for the PEOPLE)? Are we not called out, and our citizenship of of the kingdom of God. Isn't the kingdom of God a theocracy, the way He originally had it before Israel cried out for a king like the other nations have? As Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world, but if it was His servants would fight. Could this also be said of any active participation in the governments or kingdoms of this world? Charity Ministries has an excellent teaching on this by Rick Leibee called The Spiritual Voting Booth (message 3414 under featured messages). He brings out some powerful points to consider.

We don't know based on our understanding what God's will is for the president or for America for that matter. I don't believe anyone would haave voted for Nero, but this was the context of much of Paul's writings about obedience and placement of civil government. Be careful that, because of our understanding, we don't find ourselves voting against God.
I believe that our kingdom runs parallel, for lack of better words, to the kingdoms of this world. We live in them, but should not become entangled again in them. Quietly, peaceably live in them, and pray that God work in them and preach the gospel to all men. Just a thought or two
Love and Blessings, Barry

2007/11/29 5:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy