SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a Christian vote an atheist into public office with a clear conscious?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Can a Christian vote an atheist into public office with a clear conscious?

My point is No.

2007/11/28 11:06
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Can a Christian vote an atheist into public office with a clear conscious?

a very good question. but honestly, lots of politicians claim to be believers, but their lives belie that claim. We Christians are tricked by politicians all the time.

But here is another question...what if God told you to vote for an atheist?

God has given ungodly leadership to nations as judgement...(check out the old testament for proof)

:-?

2007/11/28 11:10Profile

Quote:

chandras wrote:
My point is No.

Care to expand on that?

2007/11/28 11:33
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I would vote an atheist that has character and integrity into office far before I would vote a man that says he is a christian and has none of the above, reason why?

Both will be spewed out of the mouth of God.

I do not want a man who says one thing, and does another, it is harder for a man with a religious attitude to repent I think, than for an atheist.

2007/11/28 11:49Profile

Re:

I cant remember when the last time was that there was a seriously sold-out-to-Jesus spirit filled believer who was running for office. And since I vote every chance I get... my answer would be: If their stand on the issues reflect mine, since I've voted for non-believers in the past, what difference would it make?

But atheist generally dont share my values, so I dont think I'm in any danger of voting for one.

Krispy

2007/11/28 11:50
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Vote for who the Lord leads you to vote for. If an atheist comes into the position of power, pray for that person. It is our duty to obey our leaders in the home, work, government, church as long as they do not lead us into sin.

All authority is given from above.

[u][b]Romans 13:17[/b][/u]

[b]Submit to Government[/b]

[i]Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.[/i]

So regardless of the situation (besides antiChrist times), pray and follow the authority. Do not follow into sin.

2007/11/28 11:52Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Well, I think I've voted every time since I've been eligible and every time it was trying to pick the lesser of two evils...

2007/11/28 11:55Profile

Re:

Another good simular post would be
"IS THE POPE CATHOLIC"?
I won't even give my answer on this qustion, IMO some questions should not even have to be asked of a christian. I won't even comment on the comments. Just do like Krispy and say thank you for your comments.
moe_mac

2007/11/28 18:07
Dawn10379

Of two evils, choose neither. - Charles H. Spurgeon

:-D

Dawn

2007/11/28 19:18Profile

Re:

According to me all Atheists are headless chickens.

2007/11/29 2:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy