SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can satan hear us our prayers?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Can satan hear us our prayers?

If so give some biblical references.

2007/11/28 5:57
hulsey

Missouri

Re: Can satan hear us our prayers?

Does it really matter? If so why?

2007/11/28 6:25Profile

Re:

Why many prayers unanswered?

2007/11/28 8:39
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

chandras wrote:
Why many prayers unanswered?

James 4:3 KJV
3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

2007/11/28 9:13Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: Can satan hear us our prayers?

Hey Anonymous,

Yes the devil and demons can hear our prayers, I could quote a bunch of scripture, but let me just mention this, demons spoke to Jesus and the disciples when they were cast out, they communicated with them, proving that they could hear them.

If they could hear Jesus and the disciples, they can hear us. There is one more account that proves this goes beyond just the disciples, and that is the sons of sceva, they tried to cast out a demon, and the demon spoke to them and then leapt upon them and attacked them.

That said, if you are wondering about why prayers are unanswered, the best example I can give you is Daniel. He sought the Lord every day for like three weeks with prayer and fasting, and when the angel of the Lord finally came to him the angel tells him this, he says from the first day you prayed, God heard you and sent me, but the prince of persia, (the demonic powers of the air) withstood me. The angel had to fight his way through the principalities to get back to Daniel.

Another simple thing, there is a verse that says "ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

If you study that verse out, the words are actually, "asking" "seeking" "knocking". You see it is an issue of persistence even in the face of what looks like failure.

Hope some of this helps, if you have questions, I can go a little more in depth with references and stuff.

2007/11/29 11:15Profile

Re: Can Satan hear our prayers?

I agree that Satan can hear what we say out loud. But he may not hear all our prayers if we do not tell them.

Some of what demons said to Jesus was the demons praying. They were afraid.

If you are afraid, it's important to remember that our life is hidden with Christ in God, if we have put our faith in Jesus Christ with a whole heart. He will sift to make us pure, and send the fire of the Holy Spirit to burn up the chaff which comes off the real fruit in our lives.

Also, we have to keep ourselves in the love of God, and the evil one will not touch us. This is not something God does for us apart from our obedience. Obedience to His word is the key.

You can find scripture for all the things I've mentioned here, by using an online Bible and searching by keywords. I use the one here:

[url=www.olivetree.com]www.olivetree.com[/url]

The search facility links from the foot of the page.

2007/11/29 19:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy