SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How The Gold has become Dim...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: How The Gold has become Dim...

IRONMAN noted

Quote:
and God brought forth a unique perspective there through her about the blessing of Abraham

I'd say .... perhaps to your surprise .... that the perspective she brought out is the [i]standard understanding[/i] of what 'the blessing of Abraham' really is, according to the New Testament. The key verse which she read, but didn't expound, is

Galatians 3:14
that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, [b]that [u]we[/u] might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith[/b].

That there is a whole pseudo-Christian industry built on misrepresenting 'the blessing of Abraham' as a biblical means to gaining material wealth, [u]is a scandal[/u], and I'm grateful for this thread which gives us an opportunity to highlight such lies.

2007/11/27 20:48
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Sis D

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

you said:

Quote:
I'd say .... perhaps to your surprise .... that the perspective she brought out is the standard understanding of what 'the blessing of Abraham' really is, according to the New Testament. The key verse which she read, but didn't expound, is

well i'd never put 2 and 2 together, i knew that somehow the blessing of Abraham had little to do with material wealth and had read of the Gift of the Spirit through Faith which Abraham got but it didn't click till now after i heard that sermon. so it was unique to me!

Quote:
That there is a whole pseudo-Christian industry built on misrepresenting 'the blessing of Abraham' as a biblical means to gaining material wealth, is a scandal, and I'm grateful for this thread which gives us an opportunity to highlight such lies.

indeed there is and it is a burgeoning industry too which is about to be exposed and ruined. bro Katz oft said we are to dote on every word in the scripture and once you begin to read the word prayerfully and slowly, all sorts of details come out at you which many others miss. Abraham was already very wealthy by the time he left Ur, he got richer but of incalculable worth was the relationship he had with God as aresult of that obedience.

i pray that as many as God leads to the Truth about this matter through His word, His Messengers or this thread may be so quickened and know the real deal and no longer be fooled.

Grace and Peace are ours in JEsus.AMEN.

2007/11/27 22:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Job 15:
31 Let him not trust in futile things, deceiving himself,
For futility will be his reward.

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/28 2:10Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Jeff you said:

Quote:

rookie wrote:
Job 15:
31 Let him not trust in futile things, deceiving himself,
For futility will be his reward.

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/28 23:23Profile

Re: How The Gold has become Dim...

Hi bro IRONMAN,

Quote:
well i'd never put 2 and 2 together, i knew that somehow the blessing of Abraham had little to do with material wealth and had read of the Gift of the Spirit through Faith which Abraham got but it didn't click till now after i heard that sermon. so it was unique to me!

It was that word 'unique' which made me want to check you weren't saying she was bringing out some 'private interpretation'.
Quote:
... it is a burgeoning industry too which is about to be exposed and ruined.

Sunday morning heard another powerful message from Carter Conlon: an invitation to wake up from comfortable Christianity and let God use us.

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2071125S1.mp3]Surrendered Saints on Dry Land[/url] 25th November, 2007

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2071104S1.mp3]The Eye of the Needle[/url] 4th November, 2007

2007/11/28 23:42
IRONMAN

Re:

sis D

thanks for the additional sermons, i'll be sure to listen to them as God gives me opportunity.

i fear for those who have preached this prosperity gospel for the Judgment will be harsh. there will be angry people who have been cheated out of their money, some may form lynch mobs or vigilante groups coz the man whose money you mess with is probably as angry as a hungry man...

God help us.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/29 17:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy