SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How The Gold has become Dim...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

How The Gold has become Dim...

Greetings in Jesus' Name dear saints by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

some time back i was led to read the Lamentations and i did post about that, specifically the swiftness of the Judgment of God upon Sodom. i feel led again to post this scripture from that same book as i believe it ties into what is shortly to befall us.

From Lamentations 4:

[b][color=0000FF]1 How is the gold become dim! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuary are poured out in the top of every street. 2 The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter! 3 Even the sea monsters draw out the breast, they give suck to their young ones: the daughter of my people is become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness. 4 The tongue of the sucking child cleaveth to the roof of his mouth for thirst: the young children ask bread, and no man breaketh it unto them.[/color][/b][i][b][color=0000FF]5 They that did feed delicately are desolate in the streets: they that were brought up in scarlet embrace dunghills. 6 For the punishment of the iniquity F25 of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.[/color][/b][/i]

the last part in italics is what our Lord pointed out to me to consider. There is coming very soon a calamity, an economic one unprecedented which will leave the once pampered out in the streets. a calamity of such a kind as to overthrow us in a moment with nobody to come to our aid. just like the depression, one day all was well, then the next a good chunk of America was suddenly unemployed and the dream became a nightmare...we are so far removed from that such that the consensus is that such a thing is unthinkable...however the same corruption and wickedness in man which brought about the depression has not abated. There are some very disturbing things going on in the finance world which confirm what i believe our Lord has shown some concerning this economic calamity. bro Jeff's thread outlines some of it, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20106&forum=48&20]double standards[/url]. bro Rahman has a thread [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4586&forum=35]here[/url]is a bit longer and goes into more depth. i sense something under the surface which is about to burst forth, not only the shady dealings hidden under financial jargon and number-fudging, but even at church. i sense something rumbling under the surface and i believe it's revival. God has been doing much to deal with my own heart so much so that i see more and more how much He is at work in the hearts of those around me. So we have 2 things going on here, the Judgement which is about to be made manifest, that is all the shadiness, greed and such we've been involved in is about to bite back, and then also that which God has been doing in the hearts of men, in the secret inner parts will be made manifest at the same time. in the midst of the adversity which will ensue after we're undone wholly as a nation will be made plain the very thing God has been working out in His Church, the Life of Christ.

some of us may have thought only of the Judgment aspect of it without considering what God has been doing in our own lives to prepare us, the purgings and cleansings, the impartations, the transforming work of Holy Spirit to fashion us into something more like Christ...we're about to come face to face with what we really are and if God has been working to Perfect us then that is what will come out of us in this time of adversity and those who were pampered but are now left desolate will have us to care for them as we care for one another. Perhaps this aspect of it gets lost in the shuffle...

in the fading of our Gold we will find the depth of the Riches of GOd in Christ. When we are left with nothing then we'll find we have all things in Him. When we are Judged, we will better know the depth of God's Love for us that we would understand Him when He says "as many as I Love, i also chasten"

God is Good...

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/22 20:32Profile
IRONMAN

Re: How The Gold has become Dim...except the Gold tried in the Fire

Greetings in Jesus' Name dear saints by whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

an interesting thing happened over the last couple of days. on the thread about the exposure of the spending habits of some ministers, sis Dorcas put a link to a sermon by Carter Conlon called Gold tried in the fire. i felt led to listen to it but didn't get to it right away. Sis Dorcas saw this thread and shot me a link to the sermon and i got to listen to it. the main text is the letter to Laodicea, focusing on her great wealth but spiritual poverty. i suppose many of us oft equate wealth with blessedness or peace with God or with having His Favour. interestingly enough in the case with Laodicea this isn't the case, it's a sign of the opposite. bro Conlon alluded to the Gold tried by fire as being enduring. Christ advised the Laodiceans to buy from Him Gold tried in the fire which speaks to something beyond wealth as we understand it. i also got to listen to another sermon titled the Image of God and how a distored view of God leads to distored expectations of Him, understanding of Him and so on and it ties into the featured sermon by bro Conlon about reprobates and trembling nations. The bit where he goes into what God showed him about men changing the image of God into corruptible man, birds, beasts and creeping things was quite amazing.

in the time of the exile when Ezekiel was writing i'm sure many Israelites who were guilty of extortion or other shady means of gaining wealth thought their captivity to be unjust. i'm sure many thought they were doing all the right things and yet their view of God was warped and so they thought these things. in many ways we're no different and except God right our view of Him, we're finished.

that we have false gospels of various kinds going about from the prosperity one to ones such as "the only way to be saved is to have an affair with me" (the Atlanta Megachurch story) is a symptom of something deeper, we need this Gold tried by fire...it'll cost us all we have and are. if God doesn't move, we're done...God help us.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN

2007/11/24 18:50Profile
blessed050

Middle Georgia (backside of desert in the Bible Belt)

Re:

Bro. Ironman: Thank you for your posts. I also see that something is about to break forth and wonder why are so many in the church not seeing this? Sometimes I feel like I must be losing it, way out there, or just plan nuts. A dear brother and friend, Chip Brogden www.theschoolofchrist.org, wrote something entitled "The Prophetic Savant". I think it would bless you to read this and it is on his website. I literally despise Christian television but sometimes I just check it out and then afterwards regret it. On Thanksgiving Day I happened to turn it on while waiting for some friends to arrive and Sid Roth was on with his program "The Supernatural". He is a jewish believer and he was showing people with their gold teeth that God just gave them. People were carrying on and showing off their one huge gold tooth in their mouth. Then some lady comes on and she had gold glitter all over her face. You could see it. What is wrong with the church following all this? And how does it glorify our precious Lord Jesus? I think I would rather have a tooth that matched the rest of my teeth than a very obvious gold one. But this is not the point that I am trying to make. What is it going to take to turn our country and the compromising church around? I think you answered it. May God bless you and keep us in the palm of His Hand. May He use our lives for His Glory

2007/11/24 19:31Profile
IRONMAN

Savant...

bro Blessed, Greetings in Jesus' Name by WHose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

our Lord means what He says and says what He means, He wants no flesh to boast in His presence and so you and i, weak, foolish, base are given by His Mercy and Grace ability to see and understand things which others just don't. it is plain to us something is upon us yet few see/feel this and so we may come off as lunatic. indeed the Prophet is a fool and the spiritual man is mad before a crazy world filled with iniqity.

i have watched Christian T.V. and at times i have been ministered to by our Lord through the different ones, other times i have been grieved. all the same God is good and He gives Grace to find the diamonds in the mire, nuggets of His Truth in the most unlikely places and often out of the most unlikely mouths. i find it amazing every day how God works in spite of our bumbling about.

i have not seen this particular episode of Sid Roth's show and i'd only heard in passing about this gold flake thing. our Lord has done stranger things often without immediate explanation, sometimes no explanation at all yet somehow it all works to the end that He be Glorified. we could ask how the gold phenomenon could Glorify Him, perhaps it could be for a sign for someone who asked for one, i don't know really but if it is of God it will be so Proven, if it isn't, then it will be exposed.

i was blessed greatly by the article you sent to me, God is good. i bless God that even in the times of my own despair or doubting He persists, determined to complete the work He began. in His work of making me the message i have found that my own hardness of heart and resistance to repentance is a symptom of us all, that i had to be struck with many stripes highlights that even more and speaks of our collective hearts condition. that i was able to begin to yield and repent and desire to do so is Grace from Him. i've yet much to repent of and be purged of but the greatest thing of all is His Persistance which speaks of His Great Love for me and for us all. That He Loves me enough to continue to strike down, purge, expose and cleanse is a Mighty Testimony of His Love the Excellence of which we saw in His not sparing Jesus for His Glory which is our Salvation.AMEN.That Christ was slain from before creation that the Father may receive Glory in our Salvation, see now the Excellence of the Love of our God.AMEN. He said He'd see the work to completion with determination, that implies resistance from us.

to be the message of Repentance is painful, i have confronted and continue to confront and see myself as God sees me, wretched and even in need of His Grace. The clearer i see myself, the more desperately i realize i need His Grace and seek it and cling to it. There is a bitterness which comes from realizing i'm not all that, but there is an Infinitely more powerful Sweetness which comes from being Perfected and made into something Infinitely beyond what i could ever think myself to be. God is Good and Goodness!

i am unsure if any of this made sense but if you're a savant i believe it did!For anyone in whose life God has been working, the tryings and purgings are the gold which endures, the gold tried by fire which being of Him is Eternal.

2007/11/24 22:37Profile

Re: How The Gold has become Dim...

Here are the links to the sermons IRONMAN mentioned.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=123&min=40&orderby=titleA&show=20]Gold Tried in the Fire[/url]

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2071021S1.mp3]The Image of God[/url] preached on 21st October, 2007

Following his dream in Ohio after speaking at the first Revival Conference, Carter Conlon preached his now famous

[url=http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/2071028S1.mp3]Beware of the Angry Watchmen[/url] on 28th October, 2007.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=15987]Reprobates and Trembling Nations[/url] on 11th November, 2007,

does seem to follow 'The Image of God'.

2007/11/25 10:21
IRONMAN

tied together

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

sis D i found it quite amazing how those sermons seemed to run together as one, i haven't as yet listened to the one about angry watchmen but will do so as God gives me occasion.
thanks sis D

2007/11/25 13:49Profile

Re: tied together

Bro IRONMAN,

I agree. And it's been very encouraging to hear Carter Conlon declaim against the prosperity gospel and other varieties of idolatry.

The platform they gave to Esther Ibanga to preach on the true blessing (singular) of Abraham, should become a classic 'must listen' for all who are attracted to the prosperity gospel, but don't know of its genuine lack of scriptural basis.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2741]Money and the New Move of God[/url]

2007/11/25 15:35
IRONMAN

much to listen to...

sis D, Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
The platform they gave to Esther Ibanga to preach on the true blessing (singular) of Abraham, should become a classic 'must listen' for all who are attracted to the prosperity gospel, but don't know of its genuine lack of scriptural basis.

i downloaded that sermon and put it on my ipod to listen to along with the other message by bro Conlon. indeed there is a lot of this going on, this idea of wealth and health as we define it under the guise of life and life more abundantly. However those things were present before Christ came and one can indeed become wealthy without seeking God for it, there are many heathens with more wealth than can be imagined. some time ago i was asking God what that verse meant and it is something beyond anything we had ever experienced before we stepped into Salvation abundant life is Life Everlasting...it's something which caused Zacchaeus to give back more than he took, it also caused the rich young man much consternation to the point that he wouldn't give up his riches for it...how do you explain what can't be explained or counted or summed up in anything we have ever experienced?

oh the depth of the knowledge and wisdom of God! who indeed has been His Counselor? Eye has not seen, nor ear heard nor has it even entered into the minds of men what God has in store for those who Love Him!

to be sure we are called to be stewards of whatever we have whether it be a little, like the lady and the 2 mites or a lot, like Joseph and God is raising up some like unto joseph for the provision of His people in a time of harship.

2007/11/25 23:37Profile

Quote:
i downloaded that sermon

I'm looking forward to your comments. :-)

2007/11/26 20:42
IRONMAN

Re:

SIS D. Greetings in JEsus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

i got to listen to sis Ibanga yesterday and God brought forth a unique perspective there through her about the blessing of Abraham. i had a sense of wealth not being "it" because people were rich before Jesus came but that didn't mean they had the Lord's favour, one can gain wealth in a variety of ways, some Godly others not. Either way we have the admonishion to Laodicea to check against lest we think we have it down...Money will remain useful to some degree here but the bottom line is we are stewards.

then i listened to the sermon by bro Conlon on the angry watchmen and that is certainly quite plausible, i don't think the enemy will let this revival happen without trying to mess with it in one way or another so let us be watchful.

2007/11/26 23:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy