SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another Minister Spending Habits Exposed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
MrBillPro, I'm sorry you feel this way.

Chris

Don't worry about it Chris I don't need any pastors name here you just missed the message I will spell it out. Christians are often accused of being judgmental. However, what most people consider to be judgmental is merely telling others what the Bible says are unacceptable behaviors.

Christians tell others what the Bible says about behavior because we are commanded to do so, so that others may lead morally acceptable lives. However, we are specifically commanded not to judge the behavior of individuals for whom we do not have absolute certainty of the truth regarding their actions.

The Christian Church is to remove sin from within its own ranks first and foremost before condemning the actions of outsiders, this was my message Chris has your Pastor or Church remove sin from within its own ranks first and foremost before condemning the actions of outsiders? if so and it's pure with no sin well I am sorry carry on soldier.

2007/11/24 19:28Profile

Re: Another Minister Spending Habits Exposed

Dear MrBill,

I waited for Chris to reply to you, because I am surprised at the stance you are taking, honestly.

I think you are quite able to take a different stance, and don't quite understand what's eating you about your church's public relations campaign, as it can be found online quite easily.

Does your church need you to defend it? Much of how it presents itself to the world is beyond your control. The website gives a reasonable amount of information - though it did leave me with questions - and if the church managers wanted to give a different impression, they could do so. This image is the one they want to portray, and you agree with them. You like what they do so much, you want to be part of their operation. That's a choice you made without direct reference to them, I suspect.

But when you say

Quote:
Deuteronomy 28: 1-14 [u]assures[/u] us that prosperity is ours:

really, this is more of an approximation of what these verses say, than a summary. There is, as usual, that little word 'if' in vv 1, 9 and 13. Then, Chris raises a reasonable question about the outcome of God bringing the curses home to roost if the conditions are not met.

This makes me wonder... a little along the lines of Mike's comment:
Quote:
Anything for some more serious and sober thinking that's all.

Mike preceded this with
Quote:
I am just challenging the perspective on all this, not accusing for accusations sake.

I have the same desire.

You don't know, perhaps, that there have been other brethren here on SI grappling with the issues which arose for them as their churches gradually began to embrace practices they can not endorse. Or, as they moved on with God, they became impatient to go deeper spiritually, and found themselves growing faster than those around them (at church), eventually having to leave them for the sakes of their consciences.

I just want to encourage you that today is the day of salvation (see my sig... I don't mean I think you aren't saved.) and you can be bold to make changes, if God puts them in your heart... and you wouldn't be losing face around here... might even gain a little of a different sort of kudos. 8-)

2007/11/24 19:29
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
Dear MrBill,
I waited for Chris to reply to you, because I am surprised at the stance you are taking, honestly.

Surprised? I am the one that is surprised here, You know you got me thinking here, I am in the A/C and Heating business have been for 30 years, I remember one time I was on a call and was going into the home to check out their furnace I opened the door and their cat ran out and the woman's husband and I literally chased and looked for that cat for over 3 hrs and never was able to find it. Well we finally gave up I really felt bad because the lady keep telling her husband if we don't find that cat she was going to kill herself "Gods Honest Truth" and I told the man I am sorry but I truly believe the cat will come home but I also asked the man what if she kills herself and the cat comes home? he looked at me just speechless.

Here is my point what "if" pastor Joel by the grace of God or a miracle somehow see's how he has gone astray " and I personally see this happening I am a believer" and he decides to repent and get back to the true word of God and "if" your a Christian and believe in miracles you should be able to see this is possible, my Bible says all things are possible to him that believeth Mark 9:23. Now I have given up because of what you folks have said here and joined another Church and all my prayers for my Pastor and my Church are now in vain to me because I have left and I had little faith and I have listened to man and not God, wake up here! mercy folks you are so busy with your tunnel vision of my church and my Pastor you can't even see the big picture, all you can do is see is what is on the surface, were is your faith? And you know what? I truly do believe this is what Gods keeps asking me when I listen to man talking down my Pastor this is why I stay, I truly believe that Gods plans are at work at Lakewood but you folks rather than praying like Christians should be doing it's easier to condemn, I don't know who is ministering to you but your minister has some good old fashion house cleaning to do himself and get back to some good old Bible basics of Prayer and Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace. One man changed this whole world, the word says we who have accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior has the same power and more, so are you saying that I do not have the power to change the direction of Lakewood? if so please go tell God that for me will you, and get back to me and let me know what he says.

PS
By the way the cat did come back home and you know why? because of "MY" Faith.

2007/11/24 20:24Profile

Re: Another Minister Spending Habits Exposed

Bill said

Quote:
Here is my point what "if" pastor Joel by the grace of God or a miracle somehow see's how he has gone astray " and I personally see this happening I am a believer" and he decides to repent and get back to the true word of God and "if" your a Christian and believe in miracles you should be able to see this is possible, my Bible says all things are possible to him that believeth Mark 9:23. Now I have given up because of what you folks have said here and joined another Church and all my prayers for my Pastor and my Church are now in vain to me because I have left and I had little faith and I have listened to man and not God, wake up here! mercy folks you are so busy with your tunnel vision of my church and my Pastor you can't even see the big picture, all you can do is see is what is on the surface, were is your faith? And you know what? I truly do believe this is what Gods keeps asking me when I listen to man talking down my Pastor this is why I stay, I truly believe that Gods plans are at work at Lakewood but you folks rather than praying like Christians should be doing it's easier to condemn, I don't know who is ministering to you but your minister has some good old fashion house cleaning to do himself and get back to some good old Bible basics of Prayer and Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace. [b]One man changed this whole world, the word says we who have accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior has the same power and more, so are you saying that I do not have the power to change the direction of Lakewood?[/b] if so please go tell God that for me will you, and get back to me and let me know what he says.

Well now.... I'm not asking God anything for you.... but, please share what it is that you want God to change in the direction of Lakewood, and I will pray with you for it, if you allow me to join you. :-)

2007/12/1 22:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy