SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : This needs attending to:

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Something else to consider:

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Genesis chapter 3 verses 22-24

Was this an act of mercy, or an act of justice?

[i]...and eat, and live forever...[/i]

Chris

2007/11/17 15:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
Some are claiming that man can not even do what is required to be right with God which is to repent and put his faith in/on Christ.

I can not eat worms. I can, but I won't because it is disgusting and I hate the thought of it.

Men hate God, yes all men can be saved, but they won't because they hate God to much. Just sit at Starbucks and listen to random conversations for a while. It is no secret that men are the most vile and depraved creatures in existance. Thanks be to God for Jesus Christ though! All glory to Him.

and BTW, I am not a "5 point calvinist".

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/17 15:16
Logic

Re:

Quote:
jimdied2sin wrote:
Quote:
Some are claiming that man can not even do what is required to be right with God which is to repent and put his faith in/on Christ.

I can not eat worms. I can, but I won't because it is disgusting and I hate the thought of it.

The truth is like this;
I have no desire to eat worms because it is disgusting and I hate the thought of it.
However, when I am persuaded that worms will save my life, my desire for them will change because the truth of the worms medicinal value.

Therefore, this Doctrine of Moral inability is totally made up only for the reason to uphold another doctrine that is probably held up on some other false theory.

Furthermore, reality would say that a true incapability gives freedom from the command. As my other analogy proves.
Another thing is that one thinks just because one has a wrong desire means that his whole nature is perverted; When in reality, it is his own value system that is perverted because of his affections.
There is no such thing as corrupt affections, only corrupt things to put your affections on. Ones affections are natural, it only matters what you put them on.
And to question why ones affections are on the wrong thing, that is because of a wrong sence of reality by not knowing the truth as my medicinal value of eating worms analogy shows.

Quote:
It is no secret that men are the most vile and depraved creatures in existance.

That is because they choose to be, not because the made up law that you say God Himself instituted in the "Federal Headship of Adam" making us vile and depraved creatures.

Quote:
Thanks be to God for Jesus Christ though! All glory to Him.

for wht? If what I am preaenting is true, what thanks to him is there?
He would be the one who caused us to be vile and depraved creatures.
That would be like saying thanks to someone who shot me in the head on purpose and making me whole again.

2007/11/17 15:35Profile

Re:

Logic-

Quote:
Thanks be to God for Jesus Christ though! All glory to Him.

OK, you got me??? Sorry I got involved in your little conquest here. I pray you are as passionate for feeding the orphans and widows and keeping your heart unspotted as you are about your theoligcal warmongering. I truly mean that, I know it sounds sarcastic but it is not.

So anyway, thanks be to God for His mercy and that His kingdom is not in word but in power.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/17 15:44
Logic

Re:

Quote:
ChrisJD wrote:

Was this an act of mercy, or an act of justice?

[i]...and eat, and live forever...[/i]
Chris

Both.

2007/11/17 15:55Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: This needs attending to:

Quote:
A family has a law that all members must take turns mowing the lawn.
Along comes Junior, a day old infant.
Is Junior included in the law to maw the lawn, or is he excluded until the ability is come?
This is a fact of reality and can not be discounted just because it is about God,
And must be kept in this anolgy's context.

Why should we stay within a flawed analogy?

You must stay within the Biblical truth brother, and thus you must present the analogy as such.

If the the head of the family(as a one year old) was told that he must mow the lawn or die, and as the first one year old child was capable of mowing the lawn, but forfeited the ability to mow the lawn by willfully refusing to mow the lawn, then there is no injustice at all.

Then we would have to look to see if in fact the symptoms of death were in the family, and thus verify that sin was paying its wages to those who were bound to it.

What if God were to make Heaven attainable to only those who had never misspelled a word? Now we have all misspelled, and will continue to misspell words until the day we die(forget about any software, or anything artificial in this).

So now we need one who has never misspelled a word to put this obedience to our account if we are to gain entrance to Heaven, and we also need one to pay the penalty of our not keeping from misspelling a word, and we need one to maintain that perfection for us until we are delivered from our bodies that misspell words.

Brother logic, your view seems to be that the one who misspells only needs to snap himself into obedience, and start spelling perfectly, and that he is able to do so. This person only need one to clean up the slate of past misspellings, but leaves him to carry on the work on his own. Thus this man must keep perfectly the law of perfect spelling or else he is lost. But who pays the penalty for the misspellings?

See you leave out a vital part of the good news. That one has fully kept from misspelling anything ever, and has put that to the account of those who believe. He also has payed the penalty for the guilt of misspelling for those who believe. He also maintains their perfect spelling before the one who has dictated and demanded this perfect spelling.

This is why Christ must do all three of the things mentioned above, we cannot. You must realize that there are only two religions in this world, one where man is justified before God by works, and the other where man is justified before God by grace, and we know that Biblically a man cannot be justified before God by works, or else Christ has died in vain.

2007/11/17 16:05Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
roaringlamb wrote:
Quote:
A family has a law that all members must take turns mowing the lawn.
Along comes Junior, a day old infant.
Is Junior included in the law to maw the lawn, or is he excluded until the ability is come?
This is a fact of reality and can not be discounted just because it is about God,
And must be kept in this anolgy's context.

Why should we stay within a flawed analogy?

Because that is the one which you present, God comanding the imposible.

Quote:
If the the head of the family(as a one year old) was told that he must mow the lawn or die, and as the first one year old child was capable of mowing the lawn, but forfeited the ability to mow the lawn by willfully refusing to mow the lawn, then there is no injustice at all.

You must stay with the analogy that I gave because it is the very thing you proclaim. God commanding the imposible on all mankind.

Your theory of the "Federal Headship of Adam" is bogus.
You have God wrathful and hating man [b]because He Himself made the law[/b] of "Federal Headship of Adam" so that all mankind would be condemned in Adam before any one was born(Psalm 51:5).

You have God wrathful and hating man because He Himself(God) made the very nature of man to be sin by the law of "Federal Headship of Adam" which HE Himself instituted. This nature causes all mankind to sin and go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.(Psalm 58:3).
(I do not agree to the usage of theses Psalms here, but only use them as you do)

Quote:
What if God were to make Heaven attainable to only those who had never misspelled a word? Now we have all misspelled, and will continue to misspell words until the day we die(forget about any software, or anything artificial in this).

The first person to misspell a word does not make me a misspeller

Quote:
Brother logic, your view seems to be that the one who misspells only needs to snap himself into obedience, and start spelling perfectly, and that he is able to do so. This person only need one to clean up the slate of past misspellings, but leaves him to carry on the work on his own. Thus this man must keep perfectly the law of perfect spelling or else he is lost. But who pays the penalty for the misspellings?

No!
I am not preaching law. I am preaching reality!
A Relationship based salvation.
Jesus forgives all my sin and short commings(mis-spelling) and He keeps forgiving me even though I keep choosing to sin(mis-spell).
I do not need to [b]tryto [/b] keep perfectly the law of perfectness because what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.(Rom 8:3-4)

I made my self a sinner by my verey fisrt sin, that is what made me spiritualy dead. Adam did not!
The only way to obey God is to Come to Him which all men are able to do.
This makes a relationship with HIM that grows the fruit of righteousness which are good works.

In other words, a relationship with Christ changes ones life, put a new view on life, and a new motive for everything that one does.

In these new aspects of your life will become actions or works that give a testimony of Christ in you.

You are the one who says that God hates many of mankind and does not want all men to be saved.

Quote:
See you leave out a vital part of the good news.

I am shgowing that you do not have good news for your news is that God hates most of mankind and chooses not to save them.
And you liken HIM to an Earthly judge who does not love nor have infinite grace.

You must stop thinking that I preach the law, I evidently do not.

2007/11/17 16:55Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Logic,

In regards to Genesis 3:22

I think you are right. It would have been terrible for them to live like they now were, eyes open, to know good and evil, to be like God, to have all the demands of living as God upon them, the demands of his righteousness which having such life required... to live forever like that, under His curse.

But one such would come, who could do it, who could have such knowledge, and yet live...

And it was written of Him

[i]...by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many[/i]

Chris

2007/11/17 19:50Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

All messages of importance
must have a firm
foundation in Christ. Even
though the Old Testament
reveals Christ in types and
shadows, this is not a good
foundation for revelation
knowledge. Types are left to
the imagination of the
teacher and to his cleverness
to draw something of
Christ from them. Shadows
are something that can flee
away. These methods do not
make a good foundation for
spirit revelation.
We have a saying in the
Christ-life message, “You
must start out right to end
right.” Truer words were
never spoken. Most modern
preaching starts from
the Old Testament or the
four Gospels, but none of
these have the revelation
of the mystery that was
revealed to Paul. by Frank Stigal.

By me and the Word of God:
John 3:1-4 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

This is the mystery Nicodemus did not understand.
This is the Mystery Paul speaks of instead of the statement "Born again".
This is the Mystery of being Born again by a complete new Father, Not earthly but heavenly, a new creature in Christ.

Mar 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all [these] things are done in parables:

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Ephesians 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1Cr 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Eph 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Col 1:26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Col 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

1Ti 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Christ liveth in me making me a new creature, outside of the old testament passed away.

Phillip

2007/11/17 21:47Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: This needs attending to...Vanity of Vanities

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

dear saints i do believe that a major part of our problems with how God operates lies in our own secret vanity. if there is a problem with anything concerning God, we can be sure that the problem isn't with Him but it rests with us. We measure God by our own standard, or try understand Him with out own understanding and the tell tale sign of that is when we find Him unfair, confusing or in any way uncomfortable fot us...God doesn't do what we would do if we were Him...that is our problem, that is the standard we use to measure God, if i were God, i'd not have done this or that, or i'd not have asked this and that, vanity...

That God asked, no told Adam not to mess with that tree says to me obedience wasn't beyond Adam's reach, he did obey for a time. that one of the consequences of that is we are unable to be Saved unless God moves, that is God has already called and chosen the Elect (i take a literal view of Romans 9) is His Divine Prerogative so unless you're Him, you ain't God no business asking the potter why He made you thus...

i remember when Job wanted to get into God's Face about all the drama going on with him and God asked him some questions to which even today we only have answered a few. so like God said "who is this who darkens my counsel with words without knowledge...where were you when I...?" if you weren't there...well...like Job said "uh, uh, uh..."

Some have argued that if God has already chosen then why evangelize, coz He said so, furthermore, he who is among the Elect will not reason in any other way so as to conclude that there is no need to evangelize...no way. it has been presented that this is somehow unfair, he man look, if God has spoken about this and decided what He's going to do, you can jump up and down all you want but it won't mean squat because it is His standard by which we will all be Judged.

the scripture is plain, God chose Isaac, then He chose Jacob over Esau...before either one could do anything...that is Divine Prerogative folks...Esau gave up his birthright because God had already determined before Esau ate that stew that Jacob would have the birthright...in the end it all rests on Him, like Paul said, it ain't about he who runs or wills, but it's about He who shows Mercy. i understand this insamuch as i know i am a vessel of Mercy and as such i'm out looking for other such vessels.

bro Logic, i love you in the Lord but if you want answers to what you asked, you'd better ask the Author. some of us know bits and pieces, enough for us to move along without bugging out over it like you are but unless He brings you to that knowledge which sets you at ease, you'll be running around trying to figure it out all your life and never get anywhere.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/11/17 22:45Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy