But we must be of good cheer
He has overcome this world of darkness
And soon we will depart from here

Krispy

2007/11/16 15:25
HeartSong

Re: Not of this World

Krispy,

I really like your poem. It is why we sometimes feel so lost - even though we are found.

As I read the following this morning, you came to mind so I will put it with something you have written.

"Beware of being obsessed with consistency to your own convictions instead of being devoted to God. If you are a saint and say, 'I will never do this or that,' in all probability this will be exactly what God will require of you. There was never a more inconsistent being on this earth than our Lord, but He was never inconsistent with His Father. The important consistency in a saint is not to a principle but to the divine life. It is the divine life that continually makes more and more discoveries about the divine mind. It is easier to be an excessive fanatic than it is to be consistently faithful, because God causes an amazing humbling of our religious conceit when we are faithful to Him."
- Oswald Chambers

2007/11/16 16:02Profile

Re:

... it's not my poem, it's actually a song... by the Christian rock band Petra... but sshhh... dont tell anyone! Christian rock is of the devil...

Yea, I love this song. Great reminder of why we're hear, and that there is much more ahead of us that we cant even comprehend.

Krispy

2007/11/16 16:07
HeartSong

Re:

[EDIT] Deleted - I forgot to pray before I posted this . . . forgive me.

2007/11/16 17:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy,

Do you not reckon the term "Christian rock" is an oxymoron? Do you know the origin of the term "Rock music"? What it means in the vernacular?

Just wondering..

ginnyrose

2007/11/16 22:15Profile

Re:

See, here's the thing... if I never mentioned this was a song by Petra, there would have probably been 8 or 10 posts saying "Wow... what a beautiful prose... That really blessed my heart..."

But as soon as I say Petra wrote it, all of a sudden it's a satanic conspiracy. And obviously you've never heard the song... it's a beautiful song.

Sorry... have to laugh at the absurdity of that.

And ginny, you know I love you, sis. It's nothing personal.

Krispy

2007/11/17 7:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy,

You are absolutely right: the lyrics are fine: I have no quarrel with them. (BTW: in order for the devil to be able to deceive he has to use a lot of truth to get past the "red flag" barrier).

But if you read your first response to your original post, you were the one who introduced this "rock music" component to this discussion. Had you not done this, I likely would have passed it by.

I enjoy your posts, Steve, but it just so happens I disagree with you on this one. Now will you please answer my original questions? I would love to hear your response.

Blessings,

ginnyrose

EDIT: It just might be you were not born when the term "rock music" was introduced to popular culture? :-o

2007/11/17 9:01Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: We cracked your case, Steve-O

Hey, now I know what the name "Krispy" stands for! It's really an acrostic for (get ready to hear banjos):

K - killing deer
R - rock music
I - imbibing alcohol
S - sports and smoking
P - predjudiced KJV
Y - y'all don't judge me

Don't mind me, just having a bit of fun this morning. I need to go put the coffee on. It's a Saturday morning (well, here in the western hemisphere, central time, at least). But I bet I just made Steve-O smile (toothlessly, albeit).

Brother Paul 8-)

2007/11/17 9:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
I enjoy your posts, Steve, but it just so happens I disagree with you on this one. Now will you please answer my original questions? I would love to hear your response.

Yea, I was born in 1967. I missed it. But I am aware of what the term is [i]supposed[/i] to mean. Funny thing is... if you walked up to the average Joe and said "do you know that back in the day black folks called fornication 'rock-n-roll'?" they would look at you as if you were from Mars.

It seems to me only Christians are the ones today who want to think about fornication when they hear the term "rock".

Kinda wierd.

And I love you too, sis. You know that. It's ok if we disagree on a few things. Keeps things interesting. :-)

Krispy

2007/11/18 7:31

Re:

Quote:
Hey, now I know what the name "Krispy" stands for! It's really an acrostic for (get ready to hear banjos):

K - killing deer
R - rock music
I - imbibing alcohol
S - sports and smoking
P - predjudiced KJV
Y - y'all don't judge me

Don't mind me, just having a bit of fun this morning. I need to go put the coffee on. It's a Saturday morning (well, here in the western hemisphere, central time, at least). But I bet I just made Steve-O smile (toothlessly, albeit).

Brother Paul

Somehow we gotta find a way to fit "moonshine" in there... lol.

And by the way... I have have all my teeth! ...they're in a jar.

Krispy

2007/11/18 7:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy