SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christians & War?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Church

Brother Jeff,

I will indeed remember your search. Our family was there two years ago and have been resting, healing and growing for the last year in our new church home. It is amazing. God is so good! Please don't be discouraged! God will provide!

We will be at camp next week so I'll ask the pastor if he knows anyone in your area. Please email or PM me with your city info and I'll ask him if he knows of any solid churches near you (or have you tried them all...)

God bless,
Matthew

2004/7/2 12:37Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Matthew,

I live near Bakersfield which is in the southern part of the San Juanquin Valley.

God Bless
Jeff

2004/7/2 16:25Profile
rookie

Re:

I posted this in another thread, I thought it might provoke some to meditate on this brother's view.

"Back to Jerusalem" by Paul Hattaway pg 57

In the testimony of Brother Yun I found this thought.

"But that is not the only training they have received. (Back to Jerusalem missionaries) The past fifty years of suffering, persecution, and torture of the house churches in China were all part of God's training for us. He has used the government for his own purposes, molding and shaping his children as he sees fit. This is why I correct Western Christians who tell me:"I have been praying for years that the Communist government in China will collapse, so Christians can live in freedom." This is not what we pray! We never pray against our government or call down curses on it. Instead, we have learned that God is in control of both our lives and the government we live under. Isaiah prophesied about Jesus, "the government will be on his shoulders" (Isa. 9:6). Instead of focusing our prayers against any political system, we pray that regardless of what happens to us, we will be pleasing to God.

Don't pray for the persecution to stop! We shouldn't pray for a lighter load to carry, but a stronger back to endure! Then the world will see that God is with us, empowering us to live in a way that reflects his love and power.

This is true freedom!"

In Christ
Jeff

2004/8/18 13:54Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Don't pray for the persecution to stop! We shouldn't pray for a lighter load to carry, but a stronger back to endure! Then the world will see that God is with us, empowering us to live in a way that reflects his love and power.

This is a wonderful quote particularly in its context. I have often heard preachers refer to the 'unbelief' of some early Christians due to the fact 'that they did not believe that God had released Peter for whose release they had been praying'. [Acts 12:15,16]. It is, however, based on the presumption that they were praying for Peter's release. There is no evidence for this. It is much more likely that they were still praying in the spirit of Acts 4:29,30 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

A classic case of building our own standards into biblical narratives.

2004/8/20 7:20Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy