SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ORU faculty gives vote of no confidence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 ORU faculty gives vote of no confidence

[b]ORU faculty gives vote of no confidence[/b]

A quorum of tenured Oral Roberts University faculty voted "no confidence" in President Richard Roberts and voted in favor of "greater faculty governance and transparency of university finances" in a 3-1/2-hour meeting Monday night.

Donald R. Vance, professor of biblical languages and literature and one of three authors of a summary of the meeting, said tenured professors want to help ORU's board of regents do what is right. The professors' motions let regents know the voice of the faculty, he said.

The vote of no confidence in Roberts as president and CEO of the university was made "without regard to the outcome of the current lawsuit against the university" and "is not to be construed as a judgment of guilt or innocence with regard to the present lawsuit against the president and the university," according to the list of motions and summary of the meeting faxed to media by Gary Richardson, an ...

read more: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071114_1_A1_spanc48573

2007/11/15 12:24Profile

Re: ORU faculty gives vote of no confidence

Good move. Now if they would just abandon their WOF heresies....

Krispy

2007/11/15 12:28
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

There is much happening with the prosperity gospel, I believe God is going to take the lid off the whole thing. Carter Conlon has been preaching this for the last 6 months and how we need to show mercy to these people and pray God restores them into a proper biblical gospel, especially the sheep involved.

2007/11/15 12:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe God is going to take the lid off the whole thing

This is a frightening statement in a way.. if He does take the lid off, I believe it will be in the midst of great physical judgment in North America.

Quote:
especially the sheep involved

I have witnessed sheep coming out of this deception, I was one of them myself, we should rejoice when a sinner turns from their way and not block the entrance to the kingdom of heaven from them!

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/15 12:36

Re: ORU faculty gives vote of no confidence

My brain doesn't go all the way to the top sometimes. Can someone explain in simplistic terms as to what has happened at ORU? Thanks,

2007/11/15 12:45
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

The son of the founder of ORU and current University President has been using school funds ($cash$) for his own/family entertainment and leisure.

His daughters have used the 'school jet' for spring break trips (so much for mission trips). He and his wife have luxury cars, the school paid for renovation and remodeling work to be done at their luxurious house (mansion).

They've been mis-using school money, consistently, without apology, for years. It's only a big deal now because someone actully cared to point it out to law enforcement.

2007/11/15 12:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy