SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgementalism will eventually KILL this forum

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Will there be kittens in heaven? I say yes! Who wants to disagree and start an arguement? (I'm just kidding, please don't reply).

Sorry for ignoring your plea, but couldn't resist :-P. There will be cats (and probably kittens) in the new creation, though I don't know about heaven.

It says in Romans 8 that the creature (= creation as a whole, including cats?) will be delivered from corruption to share in the glorious liberty of the children of God.

In mediaeval times there was apparently a big argument on how many angels could dance on the head of a pin! :lol:

Jeannette

2007/11/15 17:55

Re:

Quote:
It is not those ministries that saved me, but a regenerated heart that HE gave me, because of what Jesus did at the cross, and HE put a new SPIRIT within me that gives me the desire to be pleasing to HIM. It is HIM that works in us both to will and to do HIS good pleasure.

Amen... is because He saved me that I am even able to do anything good in this life. I'm not saved because I work, I work because I'm saved.

Love ya, mac

Krispy

2007/11/15 18:13

Re:

Quote:
Will there be kittens in heaven?

I hate cats, so do you really want my opinion?? lol

I know there will be some good coon dogs up there tho... God is a dog lover. I mean, after all, dog spelled backwards is... God. (At least it is in English. I dont know about other languages, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true in all languages!!)

I cant help it... sometimes my redneck logic comes out. Sorry about that! lol

Krispy

2007/11/15 18:15

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
Will there be kittens in heaven?

I hate cats, so do you really want my opinion?? lol

I know there will be some good coon dogs up there tho... God is a dog lover. I mean, after all, dog spelled backwards is... God. (At least it is in English. I dont know about other languages, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true in all languages!!)

I cant help it... sometimes my redneck logic comes out. Sorry about that! lol

Krispy

Sorry to disappoint you but the Bible says, "Without are the dogs..." So it seems they are specifically excluded :-P

Isn't it nice to have some comic relief after all the heavy stuff!

Jeannette

2007/11/15 18:27
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Re:

Quote:
by jimdied2sin on 2007/11/15 13:03:51
well, I broke my agreement with myself to not get involved in this thread.

THIS IS THE MOST ABSURD THREAD EVER IN THE HISTORY OF SERMON INDEX.

I will just reference the first two pages of this other thread... if any one gets it fine, if not let this fun puffing up and pitty party continue... start with my comment on page 1 then the reply on page 2 then my next reply...

Jim (I hope I've got the name right!) I don't know you or Krispy from Adam, but all your post proved was that you have a personal issue with Krispy. Who knows, perhaps there are personal issues between the two of you. (This makes me think of Phillipians 4:2 "I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.") Perhaps if there are personal issues between the two of you they should be worked through without littering the forums with links referencing other differences of opinions. And I do encourage you Jim to let your differences rest, and to be in one mind as that would be more glorifying to God than links to pages where you are having differences of opinion with Krispy.

What this forum SHOULD BE is a place that believers who feel condemned or judged can come to be encouraged in the Lord by the brethren who are of one mind in Him. I do not think this thread is absurd, I think it is indicitave of abuses that have been going on in the forums, and a chance for others to see what the results look like in one man's life. And Krispy is certainly not the only casualty here, I have been hurt deeply by words from some saints on this site, and have almost stopped using the forums as a result. We are to be building each other up in the Lord, not striving to tear each other down!

I have had the great pleasure of meeting and getting to know several folks from this forum, and the only constant that I have found is that they are not as holy as they tout themselves to be on these threads, and that they are as much in need of God's grace as I am in my wretchedness. Nobody on here should be throwing stones. We are all of one body and should move and work together as such.

Of course that is not to say that I do not thank the Lord every day for those saints who I just referenced, and their faith and trust in Jesus as savior. Rather just noting that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. There is no grace in kicking someone while they are down or by adding insult to injury. Yes, we are to admonish one another, and to encourage and to rebuke when there is sin. But so many things are said on these threads almost daily that go beyond that. Personal convictions are just that: personal. If someone holds a different view on a non-salvitical issue, that is for God to work out. We cannot be the Holy Spirit for anyone! As we seek God, He will refine us, and will work out anything that needs to be worked out.

To GOD be the glory in all things!

2007/11/15 18:52Profile

Re:

Thank you for that. I too was grieved at Jim's words, but it's better coming from a newcomer who doesn't know the people involved and has no personal axe to grind.

That said, maybe we'd best leave things there.

Love in Him

Jeannette

2007/11/15 19:06

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
Anyhow there are health risks in smoking and your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. You were bought with a price and you are therefore to glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are God's.

I appreciate your concern, sister. In case you were unaware, I am a fitness fanatic and well aware of the health risks. Not to dismiss you (cuz I'm not), but wood smoke from a camp fire is more hazerdous to my health than a couple cigars in one year. We burn wood in our house, and I camp quite often.

But anyway, I do appreciate your response.

The issue at hand is not whether I smoke a cigar or not... it's man's rules added to the gospel. It's like debating the Civil War. Most immediately bring up slavery. While that was the topic around which the issues swirled, the Civil War was NOT about slavery. See what I mean?

Krispy

Hi Krispy, Our family likes camping also. We have camp fires in our back yard all the time. We try to be safe and not get to close to the smoke ect. There are some things that can be prevented but surely not all like you said.

Cigar smoking has other risk factors though than just your lungs if you visit that link I gave you again. I just wanted to let you know that but I'm sure you are already aware since you said you are into fitness ect.. There are other things that we christians do that are unhealthy that may be causing us way more physical harm than what your doing. Whatever we do we should honor God in our bodies and in our spirit and try to avoid those things we know are harmful when at all possible.

You know that if you mention these things like drinking wine and smoking cigars you are going to get a response from others :-).

2007/11/15 19:34

Re:

Krispy is highly thought of here, and people are more likely to take to the ideas of the "in crowd", even if they oppose the very purpose of this site.

Perhaps you could have taken some time to get to know me or understand why I wrote what I did before publically assigning motive to my writings? Or you could have asked me in private if you had a concern.. as you suggest that I do?

Blessings to you in Christ either way

- Jim

2007/11/15 19:51

Re:

Quote:
I think it is indicitave of abuses that have been going on in the forums, and a chance for others to see what the results look like in one man's life.

my point was to show that this one man that everyone is rallying around does the same things he accuses others of. it is difficult to communicate on hte internet when we feel strongly without coming off harsh sometimes.

Anyway, I am exiting this thread as fast as I came in.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/15 19:55

Re:

Quote:
Anyhow there are health risks in smoking and your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.

I work in a Special Care Home where half the men here smoke. I am bombarded with it every day. Every time without fail when I turn the corner the smoking room door flies open and *POOF* I am holding my breath till I get away from it. We have a smoking by law in our city that requires everyone to smoke 10feet away from the building. Is this adhered to? absolutely not! Smoke is every where, it doesn't matter what angle I am at, it finds me. In other cities, it's the smog, pollution, etc.. What exactly does the Apostle mean don't pollute the temple of the holy Ghost? It's too late, we're already polluted.

OR was he speaking of a different type of body?

2007/11/15 20:42

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy