SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Pre-Requisite Suffering: Why me? Consider Paul.....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HIServant

Pre-Requisite Suffering: Why me? Consider Paul.....

Devotional: A wonderful sister in the LORD reminded me of the 40 year waiting period, full of testing and trials, which Moses went through. She reminded me of the sermon title, “Leaders are made on the backside of the desert”. Whatever suffering attends your frame presently, it is purposed. It is HIS preparation of us to be molded in HIS image. But I’m preaching to the choir. The focal point then is to remain focused on the end goal! The big picture! The “why” behind our commitment to still serve CHRIST and to “Press on!” as I shared with my sister…and myself. Many a devoted servant has seen and experienced great things that o’erwhelm their senses with Joy…for CHRIST has touched them intimately. Perhaps with healing, perhaps with visions, perhaps with both. So consider once again, the apostle Paul. Suffering was his constant companion AFTER our LORD and SAVIOUR apprehended him on the road to Damascus. In order that no image of Paul would be reflective in the end, GOD permitted suffering and thus privileged Paul by doing so…just like HE does for us. Amen and amen.

Pre-requisite Stripes

Preparation precedes presentation
as witnessed in every event.
The planning required – ensuring success
‘tis the evidence of such attention.

Life’s foreshadowing then provides glimpses
of how the end shall be displayed.
Symptoms existing within daily actions
give hints as to what these paired slivers portray.

Hence is suffering a sovereign precursor
of the work HE designed for this frame…
WHOSE molding has – imageless – transformed my face
so that none of self’s portrait before HIM…remains.

As HIS servant in your service,
W.V.W. Jasnoch
11/14/07

2007/11/14 23:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy