SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : There is no life in the Scriptures

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi brother. This has gone off course from the first post. :-)
Brother, I'm not being nit-picky with you and I'm your sister who has posted favorably on many of your threads. But we've veered off course of the initial post & my 1st reply and it has come to areas where we don't disagree; however that transition took place.

I posted and you quoted me here -- "It is not the Word that does not have Life or power - it is the heart of man that determines whether he will benefit from The Word of God or not." - using the parable of the seed.

You posted back -- "The Word of God performs its purpose when it leads us to the one who it points to, all of Scripture points us towards Him"

Brother - I don't see much difference in these two statements and yet you say we disagree.

The disagreement was here, in your opening ---

Quote ~ [b]"There is no life in the Scriptures. Jesus is clearly stating that there is no life in the Scriptures. It does not matter whether it is in the Old or the New Testament, there is no life in the Scriptures."[/b]

Brother - this is where we differ only. Jesus said the opposite.
Compare this one quote to the blue verses I posted in reply.

The Jealousy for and Integrity of The Word we're to guard, because The Spirit of Truth would have us to do so. It's the Living Word - His Words.

I hope you can see that just this one quote is where we differ.
Thank you Frank.

2007/11/15 3:04

Re:

Hi Sister
I appreciate the smiley face :) I think that it shows the love and that is good. While the internet is a great way of communicating, it can also misrepresent our hearts.

As to the subject, I do not think we have gone of course, I think when all is said and done we are exactly where I hoped it would be. I think that we do have a genuine disagreement , which by the way, is not a bad thing. And it is right here when Jesus says "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life." What do you imagine that He means by that sister?

So I think that it comes down to that and I think that it is massive and that it makes all the difference. Not only do I believe that by my own study of the Word, I also believe it by personal experience and by observation. I think that it is interesting that there is a couple of posts going right now about this same issue, including "Bible taught or Spirit taught." Read Tozers article sister and see what you think. Anyway God bless you sister and if it is merely semantics that seperate us then that is a good thing :) And if we had a genuine disagreement, then that is not such a bad thing either :) As I know you would acknowledge, none of us has infallibility(I am an ex catholic so I cannot be persuaded otherwise :) and that we can have all things but we must have love in all that we do and I can feel the love sister :) God bless you and may He shine His blessings on you this day and may the glorious name of Jesus be praised by His people............Brother Frank

2007/11/15 9:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy