Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Allegory of Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Allegory of Revival

What is the importance of prayer? What is the cost of prayer? What is the great need of prayer?

Do I understand this truth to which we speak so often of? Do I grip the reality of this great need?

Part 1 .. See the Gift of Christ ..

This is a detail story of two simple men who sought the Lord for personal Revival.

There was two young men, whom where friends. They met one Sunday, after Church there hearts were so burned for the lost, they were part of the Church yet it seemed so cold so dead. Whom understood there hearts longing? There they became restless as all where content with pleasure of the world. Something was changing in their hearts. God began to show them their own comfortable, complacent lives. Tears were there foods as they saw how there hearts had become cold, there was love wasn’t full of zeal and joy. Instead there hearts had become hard and complacent to sin. Something broke that day, as Jole cried out to Lord, all Knowing God I pray open my eyes examine me, expose me. Let me see all my sins for what they are. Oh God I cry bring t froth truth. Help me to be humbled so I can repent and turn away from the things you hate. Something hit like a pounding hammer in their hearts, they wanted to love Christ and not the world. Something broke through, it was the cross. There these young men fall weeping at Christ feet. In tears of thankfulness they cried out for the grace to raise up and live the life He ask of them.

The picture of Christ, came all so enticing beautiful, amazing. It swept them off their feet. This is us they cried unworthy men, whom you died and calls your child. His words rang in their ears.“ For God so love the world Joel and that I will not die but have everlasting life.” This sinner he die for.. Separated from God, a enemy of God. But abated and made children of God.“But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works” ( Rom 2:5-6)

“But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? ( I speak in a human way.) By no means! For then how could God judge the world? But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.”( Rom 3:5-8)

"None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." ( Rom 3:10-12)
(Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,” ( Rom4:4-5)

“For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die” (Rom5:-6-7)

“But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness” ( Rom 6:17-18)

“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ by grace you have been saved and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,” ( Eph 2:4-9)

“even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight” ( Eph 1:4-8)
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” ( John 3:16)
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.” ( Gal 2:20-23)

No more Joel yelled, I pray let me die this night, Let me die on that cross with Christ.

Daniel also prayed as his body shook I will throw away all my pagan idol. I am a child of Child I no longer belong to the world but Christ. As he read. "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you” ( John 15)

"What profit is an idol when its maker has shaped it, a metal image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation when he makes speechless idols! Woe to him who says to a wooden thing, Awake; to a silent stone, Arise! Can this teach? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in it. But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him."( Habakkuk 2:18-20)

“Turn now, every one of you, from his evil way and evil deeds, and dwell upon the land that the LORD has given to you and your fathers from of old and forever. 6 Do not go after other gods to serve and worship them, or provoke me to anger with the work of your hands. Then I will do you no harm” ( Jerm 25:5-6)

“Therefore thus says the LORD: "If you return, I will restore you, and you shall stand before me.If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as my mouth.They shall turn to you, but you shall not turn to them. And I will make you to this people
a fortified wall of bronze;they will fight against you,but they shall not prevail over you,for I am with you to save you and deliver you, declares the LORD. I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless."( Jerm 15:19-21)

2007/11/12 0:20Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Allegory of Revival

Part 1 continued..

This is a detail story of two simple men who sought the Lord for personal Revival.

Be merciful and turn my stubborn heat again to you. Bring my way wayward heart back to you. I am yours, make me willing to walk the narrow path. Don’t let be among those who worship and pray to you with their lips but their hearts are far away from you. Let me repent. Bring us to repent. To confess our sins. Let us be transparent in honestly. Let this be my pray oh God for this what you say oh God "Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness."

"Behold, we come to you, for you are the LORD our God. ..( Let it be said I am coming oh Lord, I am coming) Truly the hills are a delusion, the orgies on the mountains. Truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel,” and let it be said this what I will say my Most high God, "But from our youth the shameful thing has devoured all for which our fathers labored, their flocks and their herds, their sons and their daughters. Let us lie down in our shame, and let our dishonor cover us. For we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even to this day, and we have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God." ( Jerm 3)

Joel wept our Churches is naked miserable blind and poor, oh how they need to repent. Oh how I was naked poor, I may be fooled by loving keeping the ways of man, and not God. How I have kept traditions and forsook holiness. This night I cover my head in shame. But if I confess my sins you are faithful and just to firgive me, you are kind and loving towards me. I have vistory and freedom, So restore me again, to seek after Holiness. Let be as Paul said, let set our eyes on heavenly things to run this race well.

“ Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained.” ( Phil 3)

Life would be set on the reality of heavenly things ,your eyes would be focused on only this and not of the world .Then you press on to achieve the heavenly goal .You store up treasures in heaven were they will last for eternity .We would run in such away to receive our inheritance ,throwing aside all hindrances ,fleeing from distraction remaining focused .So that in the end we will know, we did not run our race in vain .We will rejoice when trials come and we will cling to his eternal promise in the face of evil .Your will sing when mocked and rejoice when death is upon you ,the swift hand of God’s glory will set us free.

Forgetting the time these men prayed for a few hours. Soon they had to depart and go home. Yet as they lay in bed their hearts were restless and changed. Hungry for more. As the next day reproached they quickly called each other, do want to meet to pray and talk of what God shown you? Brother Joel Daniel said, God has put us on a new path are we willing to walk the narrow way and not look back? Are we willing to cry for a heart that feels as God does? Are you willing to count the cost brother, and wait on God even if it is years? My brother are we willing to die that we might really live? Yes it too is my pray Joel said, A hunger within a heart that burns for something more I live and I will die. May my reason what I am I hungry be for God, and may he take my hand and lead me into thee I will walk in the power of His enduring joy.
I may make the plans but in the ends He guides and answers. Lets do this brother.

2007/11/12 0:21Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Part 3 Two men's prayers. This is a story detail story of two simple men w

Part 3 Two men's prayers.

They met the next day to pray

Daniel cried out Father let us again be eager to please God like as a young bride, deeply in love with you, oh how we long to love with our hearts souls and minds, father we ask bring us back to our first love. We pray we would see our worthless IDOLS that we could throw away your detectable idols and stray no more, I cry for the movies that see what great evil we put in our minds cleanse and make us pure again.

Then Joel started to cry Father Father how great and holy you are, we love thee we thank thee, come and fill and guide us, We our lives to you. I pray we would see, how shocking and wicked it is to exchange you oh God for Idols
“ these idols have no breath or power idols are worthless they are ridiculous lies
but our the God of Israel is no idol He is the Creator of everything that exists father be merciful and would you correct us when we are walking the wrong way. Show foolish I have been trying to be holy by my ways. Oh what ways have a turn to and walk in evil and not holiness show unto me. I confess my love for food and desire the flesh of comfort. Let me turn to you oh God who is the Fountain of living water. Is it no so oh God I have “ dug for ourselves
cracked cistern that can hold no water at all” where has my hope, my safety. Been in let trust in thee.

I too pray Daniel started ,Yes Father make us men after your heart to seek you with all we have.
Forgive me for not giving the best of my time. Would not show me the things that I love more then You oh GOD Let me confess, then he fall to the ground prostituting his body on the ground.
Show me my adulterate ways. I cast down my lovers. Forgive me I have rebelled and not listen. Let me listen and come and Confess and knowledge my wrongs. To this I pray I will “ surrender my pride and power change my heart before the Lord “ let me be clean and harbor no evil thoughts, let me be honest let not me refuse to repent Please give me understand To your ways
Therefore open my eyes and my ears able to hear let me live in awe of my Lord

Joel began to read
“ let us lie down in shame and cover ourselves with dishonor
for we and our ancestors have sinned against our Lord our God " I pray we cry the warning, of God’s judgment coming
I pray we cry that people will turn to God to heal.
“ they offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal
wound they give assurances of peace when there is no peace.
I too pray we will walk in old Godly ways and we don’t refuse to listen
we will quit our evil ways oh let us see they are harming to us when we are worshiping lidos
I pray I will stop doing what I want, but do what you oh God say Let not truth vanish from among us let us be broken from “ lies we cling to
“ How can you say “ we are wise because we have the word of the LORD
when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies? Let my heart I pray our hearts be broken and weeping for this evil land may your people turn to the true medicine and true physician
Father help me to see how I have abandoned your instruction and refused to obey
please let me understand the power of God, the power in His name May I tremble at your feet
amen..

Then Joel, came to Jer and Hosea and read them

Oh brother do you hear such words. Do they not jump out and cut through our hearts. We have
“If you return, O Israel, declares the LORD, to me you should return. If you remove your detestable things from my presence, and do not waver, and if you swear, 'As the LORD lives,'
in truth, in justice, and in righteousness, then nations shall bless themselves in him,
and in him shall they glory." For thus says the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem:
"Break up your fallow ground and sow not among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to the LORD;
remove the foreskin of your hearts, O men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem; lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn with none to quench it, because of the evil of your deeds” Jer 4

Joel Spoke his thoughts, on Jer 4.
To remove such things is that we are depart from them and withdraw.
How can good seeds having any growth among thorns. They choke them up and
allow no real deep root to take place. SO until we remove the weeds we are unable to have the word of God planted in us and grow strong. So we can hear the truth yet in take no real growth in
our lives until we clean out the overgrown sin in our lives. We are to cut away the sin, get ride do what you must to put to death the sin that has taken root and has grown in your life. Our fallow hearts are those of un stilled un convicted un humble unfruitful overgrown weeds. We must search our hearts and get to the root of Sin, to put into death, to kill the lust of the flesh. It a keeping on going thing until the ground in broken. To seek is one whom search out worship prays ask and begs and cries out one who repents. One who is cleans. Is one who examine them self in the light of the word of God. So to brake the ground you need tools, so what are the tools to brake the fallow ground? Repentance prayer the reading of Gods word. Confession to God and with others. So we may here many great things of God but there are some things that will not take root due the overgrown sin, Repent now so Gods living word his seeds take root in our lives.

2007/11/12 0:35Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Allegory of Revival

Part 4 The Battle of Prayer, will we Fight.

So there hearts burned heavier as the weeks pasted, even months and years. They had said they would pray everyday. And they set their faces to pray, the battle came to stop them to pray in many ways. They got to learn the battle of prayer first hand... They got a inside look of front line battle when you say you will pray. Where un wear that enemy would come at them. With their family, sickness, and emotions, sleep, and all kinds of lust of their eyes, such as tv, food, rest, to keep them from praying. It was a constant crying to the Lord for help in mist of battle.

“Prayer is a battle often times, maybe most of the time and any number of reasons for that. Sometimes a struggle to start, a struggle to stay, quieting the mind, subduing the flesh, being still, silent even”

"It is important to be in pray the first thing when you wake in the Morning - I have seen it start my day off, and help through out the day to Christ focused. It a passionate desire to speak with Christ before anyone other living thing on this earth. It is a compelling desire and love that make it a must. To wonderful to fully understand when we place Christ first, it make things better. It is a time of extreme joy and great peace that with Christ all thing are indeed possible"
“Prayer, true prayer, does not allow us to deceive ourselves
Battle of Prayer... Why don’t we pray?
Battle of prayer.. The question came down to were they willing to battle or give up? Joel had become busy and needs of his children and work seemed to steal his time. He still made time to battle in prayer some how. Daniel had become sick from work, and dealing with family fights. The demands of life where pressing in, where could they make time to pray? Was when they rose at 4 or even 3 am? When work and life was asking more then they had. Yet they had said they would pray. Maybe they didn’t know what they where getting to before they started. Yet over the years, if never could the pray for the next day. Each was new of need of new graces and daily bread. Joel had made a prayer Lord I give you the right to wake me whenever you wish. It was a dearing prayer, being that God sometimes stir him in the middle of the night.

Do we see the great battle we are in the great need of prayer they would ask themselves often, when they saw themselves slipping away from prayer.
What is the war we are at? Why is such a great need to pray? What is this battle you are talking about? Why must we battle on our knees, many would ask them.

Eph 6
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, a for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.”

With the Lord, human ways are foolish, we are helpless and very needy we can do nothing a part from the Lord.
WE have such a great need of Christ We can do nothing a part for his Grace. If Christ prayed then so we must too. Follow master steps, If Christ pray and I must as well Be devoted to pray with out casing awake. We must be in prayer at all times for His glory and His honor. We pray he answers and he gets the praise.

“Our or prayers are urgent with much agonizing with weeping and longing for those who are lost, are we crying out ,does the weight of sinners burden our hearts .We would spend more time in prayer in the communion with our father pleading, intercessors on there behalf .If we saw the reality of there eternal destination of hell that waits for them .If we cherished this secret time in communion with God ,not forsaking it for worldly pleasures but if we got intimate with God and devoted ourselves with prayer and drew near to him he would draw near to us .He would reveal his infinite resource filling us with his mighty and glorious Spirit .Then his truth ,his compassion and forgiveness would become fruitful in our lives .This would stir a passion that would flame into an unquenchable fire for the lord .Making Christ our focus and our reason for life.”

2007/11/12 0:41Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 5.. With in the Home.

Behind the doors was where you saw the true hearts of these men. Humble and broken. Alone with Christ. There were many things that they could fill there time with, but nothing was more delightful then sitting at Christ feet. These young men were in school of prayer, they may not have become so called prayer warriors yet their hearts were eager to talk and listen to His voice. This enable them to pray there,in their own quite hearts before the Lord. It was said they would say “ How I treasure the lord, and long to sit and listen to his words.

In these days, they starting to learn the necessity of prayer. And the cost it would take to cry out for God to revile his people, and personal work that was needed in their lives. We were fools, for at one point they thought, God is powerful and mighty will he not act, with doing as we will? We used the grace of God as a means of sinning. Indeed he will they thought, but on the base of his people humbling themselves. There knew how quickly pride makes it way into our hearts. He indeed is the Father of his children, whom does not come as the judge but the loving Father, but even the Father will punish them. But it often a cry for mercy for blind to see. They now saw their part, the cost and desire that now burned in their hearts. God will act, he longs for us His children to call out. He longs for our hearts to fully give over to him. He longs for our hearts to sing of Him our one and only love. He long for cry out for grace and mercy. To trun again from and run to Christ. To see the cross and is all its glory and gain a rich and passionate love for Christ.

In the middle of the night Joel woke and wrote this

“ He look over and saw his wife laying their, he thought she is so sweet like a dove.
Oh how I love this gift my good Lord has given me. I love wife of my youth and delight in her.

But Oh God to this I ask that I will I drink deeply of your love
may I see myself as Christ bride, Let me fall more in love
Let me drink deeply of your love. May this be what sweep me off my feet. Leave my simple ways and run to something new. I know you are the tower that I am to run to, keep me running to you” “Allow me to be a man of prays that we with great eagerness and power”

he wrote in His note book. “Is our devotion weak or strong is Christ our delight or an add on .Is he our focus and our first or is he a inconvenience something that we do not thirst. Do give him lip service and go through the motions or is our hearts torn with emotion .Are we comfortable and content in deception of false joy ,for the fullness of joy is in the presence of, God and cannot be replaced or substituted .One might experience from prayer, joy ,power and blessings that are given by the holy spirit .There eyes would be open to the fullness of God and all his Glory”

To look upon this man life he was a man of prayer, whom filled the house with a atmosphere of prayer he is a courteous loving sympathetic, sweet spirit, gentle, Christ like. He was such a man who pours out his heart daily at the family altar. There would be a burning passion in his heart to pray with each child of his. To speak the word into their lives. There you might hear the weeping of the gentle hearted man broken over the dying world. There you might hear his pleas for mercy and grace to wicked and sinful people. And there you might hear and joyful worship of all praising there wonderful king. Any looking upon this sight how this man treasured Christ he was his prize his all, his love. He could n’t hide the joy that shined for his face, he was in love. He made it a great delight to bring Christ into family in every way. He would cry “ give me souls or I will die” “let us love you more then all the worldly things” “ For don’t we count it pleasure to walk with God” As one looked upon his face it was radiant shining the glory of God. He was a remarkable father husband and friend. Although he didn’t speak much he framed his rely with much wisdom and love. He was full of enthusiasm and zeal to preach Christ.

There in quite hour he would awake to feed on word of God. “ He didn’t court God he loved Him.
In dust of morning as the sun rose, over Mt’s there sat delighting in ray of beauty that poured down from heaven. how often in the prayer room he would break out into tears over the sins of the world and especially Gods children” He pray God would humble from proud full way of his flesh, there he lay face down with much reverence for the Lord. He repent and confess, then fill the trilling joy of freedom. It was there he met with God face to face.

Joel, goal was teach his two sons to kneel with him and learn to pray and preach Christ, no matter age they were. He would take them out with him when he went to preach. And every morning and every night, they circled for prayer to the Most high”

2007/11/12 0:47Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 6 The Church

Joel and Daniel and a few other guys started to talked about the Church of America and how there hearts were so sadden by these things.

One said .. Our churches are under a great 'deception' they think they are living but they are dead. We are indeed the church of Laodicea- we see things one way, but the Lord Jesus see it a differently, My beloved in is time to repent in our Churches there are times for everything we are in a time of the need to repent and of our lukewarmness, materialism and self reliance, if we are lukewarm He will spit us out of His mouth. Our Christian lives are in illusion we have much head knowledge but hasn’t went to the heart into action. If don’t get it in your heart you don’t get it at all.
Today church is lacking the pure gospel, Yes I think what we must do is preach Christ. Come on we have taken the words and made to our liking of who God is and how is he has done things. We need bold and strong men of faith to preach without fear the truth of Christ. And let us thank God that there are some. Let us keep praying for more, among the youth.

Joel said I think what is lacking brother “is prayer. true, humble, passionate, holy prayer. when we have forsaken talking to God on a regular basis,” It is true was have a greater love for the world or have we become to busy for God. We have let the world become very pleasing to us, we had forsake prayer. We are dead to good doctrine and truth, we have let the desire of flesh take our way our passion for Christ away. Here are some verse, listen..
"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
"Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- But thise who are his Own let them run to the arms of their father and be restored.
"I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches
1Jo 2:15-17 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God..

Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

1Pe 2:17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

Rev 14:6-7 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth--to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people--
saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."

Daniel said I agree it is the like the “ Church come like a business of management and marketing people. Lacking the principle of “ humility purity, faith, and prayer. “Leader come CEO besides spiritual shepherds” and “ We tried to entertain the world convince the world that Christianity in fun” Do we need the world things to reach people? And “ Whatever happened to the power of God? Have we become more dependent on methods, techniques, and programs, than on prayer and the Holy Spirit?” “Who are worried about pleasing man, gaining who’s approval? Who are worried about offending? Who reputation His or ours?”
“Are we seeker driven? About pleasing people, then speaking truth?
Are we unwilling to speak on hot Topics, then justify sin in order to not make any one uncomfortable? Are defending the things Gods hates?” heard these by Nacy De Moss

After they talked a little they prayed and went home.

2007/11/13 0:05Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 7 A fire

That night at the bible study Daniel read to verse which cut into the heart of Women whom had came.

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yet everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I can gain Christ and become one with him.

I don’t mean to say I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to posses that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me No dear brothers and sisters I have not achieved it but I focus on this one thing Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I press on this reach the end of race and receive the heavenly prize for which GOD, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

She yell out worthless it was all worthless. Tears poured out as she groaned and wept. It was dreadful reality that hit her like a brick that she had been lied to. Each time the thought reoccurred she lashed out in great weeping. It was worthless, foolishly worthless. How could I have been so deceived? It crushed her heart and left her with these words that repeated over in my mind with extreme intensity , Help me not be deceived into thinking what is worthless as valuable and what is valuable as manless. God help me to have discernment to know the difference between worthless lies, and truth that sets me free. “ Oh God she yelled out as the tears rushed down her face, I said I once thought these things were valuable, God I thought they meant something. O God I loved them. Then she fall to her face, and wept like a baby
Father she said I told you I am busy. I am busy. Father! I told you I was to busy for you! In my busy day was I, “ fitting you into the crack of my day” yet I claimed I want to get deep with you, what foolishness . You have to have depth in order to grow strong. I thought I could listen and on Sunday, and quickly fit you in each day, that I could build a deep walk with you. What a fool I was. Where was the deep hunger to seek and fast to know you more? I choose to dig in the garbage for my supplement and pleasures. I took such pride in my ways. The worth I gave you was so little, if I am compared how truly valuable You are. I cover my face in shame, you have uncovered my many lovers. My eyes have been opened. My soul cry’s out help me to run on the path of freedom, and not in prepared traps of the enemy. Your word has pierced my heart, revealing the wicked sin in me. I had I thought these thing had such value. O I recall, the countless night, watching movies, what hours I had wasted. What worthless words and ideas and images I allowed to fill my mind. O Even the so called good shows, were polluted with sin. I was reminded of when talk of yeast immerses the whole dough, and so it is with motives and TV shows. My heart ached as I thought about the TV shows and Movies I enjoyed, that my God hates and that mocks the very reason Christ was nailed to the cross . How could I enjoy and laugh at sin, belittling the serviceably of sin.

Joel stood and said lets not hold on to or own anything that does not bring glory to God. Why should even be in our homes who will burn it? Let join here next week. Go home and gather ALL, don’t leave one thing. Don’t wait dear beloved lets clean house NOW. Lets not talk about how wicked these things are lets burn them throw them away. Who is willing? Will we be among those who say evil is Good? Will be among those who own dishonor things? Will be those who cling and love sin? Are we now dead to sin, let not parker of it. Go and pray and fast and seek the Lord over all matters with in your homes. Don’t be fooled beloved test everything. Test everything, even all you love. Don’t hold back. Whom wants to be Holy as he is holy..
Verse on idol and turning to God.

Many went home and sought the lord on these matters. Some griped movies. Grading them without a second to trashed them one by one. Holiness was in their hearts. Although the enemy yelled back legalisms. Again they yelled back I want to hate what My God hates and love what My God loves. I want to be Holy as He is Holy. Holiness not comprises.

One lady stood up and gave her story of what the lord did in her life. . He says{ wasted} I wasted, the time watching these movies . The content and comfort wasting for hours, indulging in my self comfort when thousands are dying. I often reason with myself that there is only a little sin it, after it did have good parts. More tragic then this father, I often rather watch a motive then spend time in prayer, or read the bible, or even share my faith. I thought this had worth, but really I missing the greatest thing. For a person who win souls is wise, I spent nights playing video games, becoming unaware of the world around, hours that passed. When was last time I went to church or a prayer meeting with the mind set, of not looking at the watch, is there so much concern what time it is over? Father when was the last time I was willing to linger in your presence, and give room for Holy spirit to work? I had bought new clothes taking such pride in my dress. My heart was heavy as I looked at my many clothes. The prices of some could make one weep. Could I bear without 8 pair of shoes so someone could have one . Pictures of the widow and young children popped in my mind.

Another stood up and gave her story what God did in her heat
I had thought it was my right to have these nice things. It all became ugly to me, as I thought of hundred of dollars I could of given to the poor, to the work for the kingdom. I am rich. I am Rich, this echoed and echoed, I am rich. Does my spending show where my heart really is, where my love is in? I am more willing to spend money on me, justified I need it, then to write a check to the Lord, who gave it to me in the first place. There was greedy joy in having more, when I had already had a enough. I valued my needs myself above everyone else. Although I claimed be a servant, my mind and thoughts would tell differently So I value my comfort, although there thousands dying daily, I was not priced with the urgency to give my life to that one who might be saved, I loved my restful nights and fun outings, Yet there so many who had never heard. What was my love for them, it was so little, or even my own brothers and sister, how much did I value what Christ had saved from, and value in Christ. My car, my house, this bed I sleep on, I value my sleep, My rest, My time. I value the worth of who I was by those who knew me. If I would be honest Lord these were all but idols, my sweet pleasures, My sweet joy. But now you come in mighty power revealing up to me, you have opened my eyes, to worthless things I have cling to, and forfeited the joy and pleasure is Christ. Missing engine to spark my fire, that Seeing you in all your supreme beauty. May my eyes be open to the glory of the Lord. May I see
your infinite worth. As I look upon the cross, can I do nothing but weep. Is not my heart torn, as I look at cross, reminding me the greatest sacrifice that was made. Oh Father did I see what worthless and wicked and evil sinner I am. Freedom and rejoice in faith I am free from being a slave to sin. Father what value do you have in you. Are you everything in my life? Are my reason when I awake up, can I not stop thinking about you?. O Father, I believe the lie, that what world offers in its hands will bring great joy then with you. Father you the creator thee author of my life, the one who holds everything together, whom is supreme and sovereign over all, we but are ants compared to you. But to forget this amazing love, this love that has no bounds it is unfailing. There is the fullness of joy when in your presence, what deception remains over your children’s eyes, brake us free, to you in all your worth. To cry out holy is the Lord.

After the burning and throwing away, much joy broke out, Christ was made center. He was exalted. There was just talk that night, but action and desire to live out what they spoke.

2007/11/13 0:09Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 8 A Deeper Hunger

The question rose will we seek God with all our lives? What hunger do we have for our God

This drove a great and deep hunger for God. There hunger was deepen and they wanted Christ more then all movie, they wanted Christ. There minds where on one thing Christ there treasure.
What is the importance of prayer? Was seen, it was channel to God, to talk and be in presence of God, In the end it all for his glory.

Then they started to pray.. With tears of joy and pounding hunger in there hearts.
Oh Most wonderful God how I hunger and long after you, it is true
“His goodness shines with brightest rays when we delight in all his ways
His glory overflows its rim when we are satisfied in him
His radiance will fill the earth when people revel in his worth
The beauty of God’s holy fire Burns brightest in the heart’s desire” (John Piper)
father I pray let this verse become real and active in my life.
“Whom have I have in Heaven but thee?
And there is nothing upon earth that I desire besides thee
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion for ever,” Ps 73 Amen

another started prayer Jesus I hunger I Hunger for you, I pray we would understand the meaning of fasting- our deep homesickness for God I pray we would have a deep hunger and appetite for God
I pray that our physical appetite would lessen as our hunger for Christ gets stronger I pray we long to be satiated in Christ I pray we see our physical satisfaction, don’t compare to Christ I pray we dine with Christ, enjoy the riches He has for His children. I pray we truly hunger for true bread, True drink. I pray we would give up our “ simple pleasures of earth” and they would be “ replaced
an appetite for God himself.” ( John Piper) I pray our pleasures of life is to seek after God
I pray we will not “ substitute God for anything this world offers. I pray we would have “ the fullness of God’s presence with all his wisdom and purifying power”
“ And many small acts of preferring fellowship with God above food can form a habit of communion and contentment that makes one ready for the ultimate sacrifice” Amen ( John Piper)

and another pray Father help me to really hunger for God? Do I long for Him? Or have I begun to be content with his gifts? Don’t allow me to be content with your gifts that you have given me.
Please let your desire do not control me, please let me truly long to be “ transformed into the image of Jesus Christ” Help me to be willing to fast, and may it expose us. All me pride, sin, anger, un forgiveness “I humble myself with fasting” Ps 35:13 Please let be dead to all anger, bitterness, jealousy, strife, fear, or any other sin will be exposed God I ask that you would give a greater faith, to fast. Please keep to have a deeper “spiritual communion with God would be sweet and would flourish I ask that you bring to lean on you in my May you God be my bread. Be everything I need to live. Let me heart be heart grateful and yearning to the Giver”
Holy Father please “awaken a hunger for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy all peoples. Bring to a truly be hunger for God. I pray I am awaken, to reality of God’s beautify Amen
( John Piper)

2007/11/13 0:19Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 9 A Vision

Amen

another started prayer Jesus I hunger I Hunger for you, I pray we would understand the meaning of fasting- our deep homesickness for God I pray we would have a deep hunger and appetite for God
I pray that our physical appetite would lessen as our hunger for Christ gets stronger I pray we long to be satiated in Christ I pray we see our physical satisfaction, don’t compare to Christ I pray we dine with Christ, enjoy the riches He has for His children. I pray we truly hunger for true bread, True drink. I pray we would give up our “ simple pleasures of earth” and they would be “ replaced
an appetite for God himself.” ( John Piper) I pray our pleasures of life is to seek after God
I pray we will not “ substitute God for anything this world offers. I pray we would have “ the fullness of God’s presence with all his wisdom and purifying power”
“ And many small acts of preferring fellowship with God above food can form a habit of communion and contentment that makes one ready for the ultimate sacrifice” Amen ( John Piper)

and another pray Father help me to really hunger for God? Do I long for Him? Or have I begun to be content with his gifts? Don’t allow me to be content with your gifts that you have given me.
Please let your desire do not control me, please let me truly long to be “ transformed into the image of Jesus Christ” Help me to be willing to fast, and may it expose us. All me pride, sin, anger, un forgiveness “I humble myself with fasting” Ps 35:13 Please let be dead to all anger, bitterness, jealousy, strife, fear, or any other sin will be exposed God I ask that you would give a greater faith, to fast. Please keep to have a deeper “spiritual communion with God would be sweet and would flourish I ask that you bring to lean on you in my May you God be my bread. Be everything I need to live. Let me heart be heart grateful and yearning to the Giver”
Holy Father please “awaken a hunger for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy all peoples. Bring to a truly be hunger for God. I pray I am awaken, to reality of God’s beautify Amen
( John Piper)

Joel, confessed his delight of hearing men. More then God.

Daniel said lets go to some prayer meeting. So they went froth. Although they had 7 people within their prayer meeting. Joel and Daniel were invited to some prayer meeting around the town
Some where were rich others were lacking truth.. Brought the question does God hear all prayers?.
Our vision of prayer.. Come lets prayer prayers that honor God... This letter was given to each one there. That came to the meeting.

Our Vision.. On Prayers.
1. ~ Truth is essential when praying
* pray in spirit and truth. John 4
* pray with the word
* our emotions can fool us
* our ideas are ours not Gods
* we are to search the word to know how to pray
* we don't how to pray- seek and ask teachable heats
* even the disciples ask how to pray
* we need God's help to pray
The word is most important when we pray
We encouraged every one to have your bible when you come and us it as a guide for our prayers.
~ Pray is from the heart
"My anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain !Oh the walls of my heart! My heart is beating wildly ;I cannot keep silent, for I hear the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war" Jer 4:19
"Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;" Ex 19:5
* we listen to God when we pray, the speak
*When we pray we ask God to search me and let us pray from our hearts*Pray that our prays are sincere and honoring to God
* We desire our prayers to be from the heart of God
* We desire to pray what God feels, to utter and expressed his heart
* We desire to be broken for what God is broken over, to hate what he hates, and rejoice in what he rejoices in
* prayers where spirit led and we ask God to forgive if they weren't- Heart check in our prayers

~ who is God?
"The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation." Ex 34:5-7
* yes God is loving but just pay back for sin
* If we ask to be forgiven he will forgive
"But if any nation will not listen, then I will utterly pluck it up and destroy it, declares the LORD." Jer 12:17
~ What honors God in our prayers?
* In all our prayers, I dear not go so foolishly before God without confessing our sins.
* Clean hands clean heart
" James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working"
* we are to repent, our sins hindered our prayers
* sin is huge, it is not to be taken lightly
*Sin makes our prayers in vain, worthless at times
* sin makes our prayer polluted
* if praying with idols and sin we are dirty why will God listen?
* God wants us to turn from our wicked ways
"So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation-if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1peter 2"1-3
"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place."
2 Chronicles 7:14-16
* Seek God
* Humble ourselves
* turn from wicked ways* then He heals the land, not pray for the land, first but ourselves

2007/11/13 0:21Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Part 9 A Vision

~ Pure in our prayers

* God's want Prue hearts, clean hands
*God wants our hearts not our times, not doing but being
~ To be holy as He is holy

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action,[a] and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy." 1 peter 13-16

" without holiness can't see the Lord" ( I don't know what verse that is?)
"Consecrate yourselves, therefore, and be holy, for I am the LORD your God."Lev 20:7
"They shall be holy to their God and not profane the name of their God. For they offer the LORD's food offerings, the bread of their God; therefore they shall be holy." Lev21:6
"Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?" Ex 15:11
"They shall be holy to their God and not profane the name of their God. For they offer the LORD's food offerings, the bread of their God; therefore they shall be holy. "Lev 21:44

* Prayers not please man, but God
* What about God desire, and a honest heart or fake?
* are to make people feel good, or being to a deeper understanding of who God is?
* sin Is huge in God's eyes
" pleasing man, but are to please God"

~ calling people together
"Consecrate a fast;call a solemn assembly.Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the LORD your God,and cry out to the LORD. Alas for the day!For the day of the LORD is near,and as destruction from the Almighty it comes."Joel 1:14-15
"Seek the LORD while he may be found;call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way,and the unrighteous man his thoughts let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:6-9
True and False Fasting
"Cry aloud; do not hold back;lift up your voice like a trumpet;declare to my people their transgression,to the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek me daily and delight to know my ways,as if they were a nation that did righteousness
and did not forsake the judgment of their God;
they ask of me righteous judgments;they delight to draw near to God. 'Why have we fasted, and you see it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you take no knowledge of it?'Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure,and oppress all your workers."Isa 58:1-3
"Is such the fast that I choose,a day for a person to humble himself?Is it to bow down his head like a reed,and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him?Will you call this a fast,and a day acceptable to the LORD? Is not this the fast that I choose:to loose the bonds of wickedness,to undo the straps of the yoke,to let the oppressed[a] go free,and to break every yoke?" Isa 58:5-6
* man ways
we want Gods ways

"I hate, I despise your feasts,and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies" Amos 5:21
"Hate evil, and love good,
and establish justice in the gate it may be that the LORD, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph. Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord:In all the squares there shall be wailing,and in all the streets they shall say, 'Alas! Alas!'They shall call the farmers to mourning and to wailing those who are skilled in lamentation,"AMos 5:15-16

"If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath,from doing your pleasure on my holy day,
and call the Sabbath a delightand the holy day of the LORD honorable;if you honor it, not going your own ways,or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly;then you shall take delight in the LORD,and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken." Isa 58:13-14
*We don’t want false unity, which in when we over look sin
* false unity, when truth is left out
* honest and real hearts, People know him
* shouldn't there be prayer meeting are full of tears?
not always feeling good, we are not to please peopel but God?

2007/11/13 0:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy