SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . .

HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . . 1/08/2007

[color=Orange][b]Mat 10:18 And you will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a witness to bear testimony before them and to the Gentiles (the nations).
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, do not be anxious about how or what you are to speak; for what you are to say will be given you in that very hour and moment,
Mat 10:20 For it is not you who are speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Mat 10:21 Brother will deliver up brother to death, and the father his child; and children will take a stand against their parents and will have them put to death.
Mat 10:22 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake, but he who perseveres and endures to the end will be saved [from spiritual disease and death in the world to come]. [/b][/color]

[color=Blue][b]Mat 24:8 All this is but the beginning [the early pains] of the birth pangs [of the intolerable anguish].
Mat 24:9 Then they will hand you over to suffer affliction and tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then many will be offended and repelled and will begin to distrust and desert [Him Whom they ought to trust and obey] and will stumble and fall away and betray one another and pursue one another with hatred.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error.
Mat 24:12 And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity,
Mat 24:13 But he who endures to the end will be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end. [/b][/color]

[color=Navy][b]Mar 13:6 Many will come in [appropriating to themselves] the name [of Messiah] which belongs to Me [basing their claims on the use of My name], saying, I am [He]! And they will mislead many.
Mar 13:7 And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not get alarmed (troubled and frightened); it is necessary [that these things] take place, but the end is not yet.
Mar 13:8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines and calamities. This is but the beginning of the intolerable anguish and suffering [only the first of the birth pangs].
Mar 13:9 But look to yourselves; for they will turn you over to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake as a testimony to them.
Mar 13:10 And the good news (the Gospel) must first be preached to all nations.
Mar 13:11 Now when they take you [to court] and put you under arrest, do not be anxious beforehand about what you are to say nor [even ] meditate about it; but say whatever is given you in that hour and at the moment, for it is not you who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit.
Mar 13:12 And brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; and children will take a stand against their parents and [have] them put to death.
Mar 13:13 And you will be hated and detested by everybody for My name's sake, but he who patiently perseveres and endures to the end will be saved (made a partaker of the salvation by Christ, and delivered from spiritual death). [/b][/color]

[color=Orange][b]Mar 4:13 And He said to them, Do you not discern and understand this parable? How then is it possible for you to discern and understand all the parables?
Mar 4:14 The sower sows the Word.
Mar 4:15 The ones along the path are those who have the Word sown [in their hearts], but when they hear, Satan comes at once and [by force] takes away the message which is sown in them.
Mar 4:16 And in the same way the ones sown upon stony ground are those who, when they hear the Word, at once receive and accept and welcome it with joy;
Mar 4:17 And they have no real root in themselves, and so they endure for a little while; then when trouble or persecution arises on account of the Word, they immediately are offended (become displeased, indignant, resentful) and they stumble and fall away.
Mar 4:18 And the ones sown among the thorns are others who hear the Word;
Mar 4:19 Then the cares and anxieties of the world and distractions of the age, and the pleasure and delight and false glamour and deceitfulness of riches, and the craving and passionate desire for other things creep in and choke and suffocate the Word, and it becomes fruitless.
Mar 4:20 And those sown on the good (well-adapted) soil are the ones who hear the Word and receive and accept and welcome it and bear fruit--some thirty times as much as was sown, some sixty times as much, and some [even] a hundred times as much. [/b][/color]

[color=Blue][b]2Ti 2:9 For that [Gospel] I am suffering affliction and even wearing chains like a criminal. But the Word of God is not chained or imprisoned!
2Ti 2:10 Therefore I [am ready to] persevere and stand my ground with patience and endure everything for the sake of the elect [God's chosen], so that they too may obtain [the] salvation which is in Christ Jesus, with [the reward of] eternal glory.
2Ti 2:11 The saying is sure and worthy of confidence: If we have died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
2Ti 2:12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny and disown and reject Him, He will also deny and disown and reject us.
2Ti 2:13 If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself. [/b][/color]

Forgive me using so much scripture in this article, but I believe we need to see the context of what the Lord is speaking to us about enduring to the end. Time and time again we see in the above verses we are told that we MUST ENDURE TO THE END in order to be saved! Not ONLY are we told we MUST endure, but that endurance demands certain attitudes and actions on our part.

First of all, let us note that it is mostly in conjunction with the very end times that we currently live in that we are told we MUST ENDURE. Yes, we are always to endure to the end, but the very first time the Lord Himself speaks about this subject, is when He is speaking about our times.

Therefore, it is we ourselves that must especially pay attention to enduring to the end. Jesus tells us also in Mark 4 in His explanation of the Parable of the Sower, that of the 4 types of ground, ONLY ONE endures to the end is saved and PRODUCES FRUIT. The others, fail even though they may have begun with great excitement, zeal, and even a change of behavior! How important it is for us to be very cautious about the way we live on this earth!

My friends, many people say many things ABOUT the scriptures, but how many allow the scriptures to tell us what to do and to believe? Man today is constantly trying to put his own ideas, opinions, understandings, preconceived notions, doctrines, etc., in place of what the scriptures ACTUALLY SAY! Just because we have always heard something is true, DOES NOT MEAN IT IS ACTUALLY IN THE SCRIPTURES!

Let me give you a couple of examples. Most of the teachings I have ever heard about Noah and the Ark have two of every kind of animal going on board. However, IF we actually look at what the scriptures say, we find that 7 pairs of clean animals and 1 pair of unclean animals went on the ark. Yes, they DID enter 2 by 2, but the numbers of each kind are as I have stated. Look in Gen 7 if you do not believe me. Another example is the number of wise men (magi) at the birth of Jesus. We have heard this so many times that it has become almost unbearable. According to the teaching of the Church, there were 3 wise men. However, the scriptures do NOT say this. They NEVER give a number of wise men. THEN we also find out that they showed up about 2 yrs AFTER the birth of Jesus. Read through Mat 2 and not only will you see that they were looking for a child about 2 yrs old, but that when the wise men found Him, He was living in a HOUSE not still in the stable!

Now some may say that those incidents are not important and it doesn’t matter that some teach the tradition rather than the scriptures. But that is EXACTLY the trouble. Again, we have allowed false teaching into our lives and we are NO LONGER ENDURING to the end with HIS TRUTH! We have left the truth behind and live in lies.

Jesus is NOT in lies! If we believe a lie, then we are no longer traveling with HIM!

I have said all of this to point us to another false doctrine in today’s churches. That is once saved always saved. That cannot be true! There are far too many verses that contradict that idea. I admit that it is a comforting thought, but unfortunately it just cannot be scripturally proven. The above passages say that clearly, but they are NOT the only ones. I have written previously about those who will say at the end, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and do many wonderful things in Your name?” Then the Lord will tell them, “Begone from Me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you!”

[b]They even THOUGHT they belonged to Him and were DOING HIS WILL! Yet, they left Him, no different than the 5 foolish virgins left Him. REMEMBER, in EVERY occurrence in the scriptures, any place virgins are used symbolically, they ALWAYS refer to God’s people His that ARE SAVED! Yet, these foolish ones did NOT endure and they did NOT remain in fellowship with the Lord. [/b]

Brothers and sisters, it takes far more than just some confession made when we are children or young people (or even older people) stating that we believe in Him and we “accept Him” as our Savior. [u][b]There is a REAL PRICE we MUST pay in order to become one of His. Is it a free gift? YES! But there is a requirement for receiving that gift. [/b][/u] We MUST give up everything else! [u][b] EVERYTHING![/b][/u] We cannot hang onto our families, our possessions, our RIGHTS, our understandings, our agendas, our doctrines, our ways of doing things, our thoughts, our preconceived notions and ideas, our abilities, our intelligence, our wants, our desires, our ANYTHING! If we do NOT give up these things, we cannot endure to the end, for we will not have even started on the path that we MUST FOLLOW!

[color=Navy][b]Mat 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it.
Mat 7:14 But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it. [Deut. 30:19; Jer. 21:8.] [/b][/color]

Can you see this? Yes we enter through the Narrow gate, which is Christ Jesus Himself. But there is STILL a straight path or way that LEADS to eternal life, and this path is ALSO Jesus. Jesus told us there were requirements. I could copy over 20 pages of ONLY New Testament requirements that ALL speak of these things, DEMANDING holiness, righteousness, purity, OBEDIENCE, enduring to the end, etc, etc, etc!

If we are NOT moving forward, we ARE backsliding! We have fallen away and we ARE in danger of hellfire! How do I know these things? Linda and I have lived them and had them ALL confirmed by the Holy Spirit through the scriptures. Look at what my love wrote>

[color=Yellow]HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . . To the end of what? To the end of the world? To the end of our lives? YES! If I had died back in the ‘80s I know I would not have gone to be with the Lord, because of the sin I was steeped in! I had been saved and Baptized in the Holy Spirit. Or was I?
Lose salvation? YES!
When we get inside of us what the Lord is saying and doing we MUST live it! We must live it all the way! 100%... CAN we? Can we live like Jesus lived? How? How?
We have been told all our lives what to do, but how?[/color]

Please, listen to our pleading with you. Do not remain in your sins. Put them to death put the OLD NATURE completely to death on the Cross of Jesus Christ. Seek to become ONE with HIM! If this nature is NOT put to death then we WILL succumb to its fruit to the point of possibly falling away entirely from Him who had brought us out of the world.

What I am saying is this>>>> how many times have we all heard about some leader falling into sin? I could name several right now that everyone reading this would know immediately. They may truly have been saved. They did NOT however, deal with that old nature, the old man. They may even have repented from the specific sins that they eventually were found to have fallen into, BUT THEY NEVER REPENTED OF BEING WHO THEY WERE! They did NOT repent of being one of Adam’s children. They did NOT receive the total sanctification that the Lord offers by FAITH to ANY who would come to Him, laying down everything of their former lives.
[color=Pink]
[b]They did NOT die! My friends, we MUST DIE! The ONLY way to walk the straight and narrow path with Jesus Christ is to DIE to EVERYTHING that we have held onto all of our lives. Unless and until we do allow HIM to TRULY CRUCIFY EVERYTHING that is in us, we will always be subject to sinning, we will always be subject to backsliding and falling away from that path that leads to eternal life![/b] AND considering the great deception that is now being manifested on our planet, we WILL fall prey to its manipulations and end up taking the mark from the beast instead of our Lord.[/color]

[u][b]ONLY those who endure to the end will be saved! [/b][/u] If we cease to endure, by practicing sin, by the habits of our lifestyles giving in to sin for the rest of our lives, by not letting the Lord crucify our old nature, by not laying down EVERYTHING in our lives and ONLY holding dear those things that HE teaches us. Not the Church, not men, not preachers, not prophets, not anyone on this website or ANY OTHER website. ONLY trusting in what we learn DIRECTLY from the Lord Jesus Christ HIMSELF via the Holy Spirit. This is where we MUST LIVE in this day.

I cannot truthfully say I have arrived at that point, BUT I DO press on to that high calling just as Paul admonishes us in the scriptures. What I write about is what I KNOW He has spoken to me. If at any time you see something that does NOT agree with the scriptures then tell me. Show it to me, and teach me. I want nothing more than to live a life that is pleasing to Him in ALL ways, including in what I write to my brethren.

I cry out to any who is willing to listen. Look to Jesus. Do NOT look at me unless the way I live looks JUST LIKE JESUS. DO NOT believe me. Search out the scriptures AFTER you have laid down everything and allowed the Lord to burn it all up on His altar. Find Jesus. Live in Him. Abide in Him. [u][b]Remember, whoever says he(she) abides in Him, ought himself(herself) also to walk as HE walked on this earth! (I John 2:6)[/b][/u]

I pray that all who read these words would come to Jesus and learn from Him. That is what it is going to take to live on the earth in these days of Great Tribulation!

God bless you all!

A bondslave in Christ Jesus, Dirk

2007/11/10 18:57

Re: HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . .

Quote:
I cannot truthfully say I have arrived at that point, BUT I DO press on to that high calling just as Paul admonishes us in the scriptures. What I write about is what I KNOW He has spoken to me. If at any time you see something that does NOT agree with the scriptures then tell me. Show it to me, and teach me. I want nothing more than to live a life that is pleasing to Him in ALL ways, including in what I write to my brethren.

I'm Sorry Brother Dirk - my eyes have been bad lately, so I can't critiqued anyone. Good, huh?
But I've got the gist of what you're saying by the Title alone.
In school, from kindergarten, I was in my 4th home by then, so it stands to reason why I would never let any other kid get picked on, male or female, friend or foe. I knew Him, but wasn't "officially saved", so to speak.
I believe we are to help others "endure unto the end", as we do ourselves and the best way I've found to endure, is to do what I think HE would do, if still here - (which He is - through His Body) - and that's to try to bear one another's burdens and stand up for each other and be willing to lay down our lives, and all else, for each other.
I do believe HE feels that 'that' will get us through - being others-minded only - as He was - and willing to lay down our lives for them, just to be sure they get through and aren't spiritually injured. Paul said that he'd go to hell to see his fellow jews get saved.
When that's all you care about - then no matter what is done to you - you still want to lay down your life for others, no matter the cost to self.
I'm copying and saving this - so that when my eyes recover - I can look at it again.
Was reading a new devotional book about Love last night - and Love is all that can encourage us on to wanting to be pleasing to The One we love.
Sometimes that love gets Very expressive or difficult to express.
God bless you too. Romans 8:28 is 'For' 29.
'Everything' is a learning experience according to those two verses.
Endure unto The End and pray we will. Pray one for another - That's how His Body desires to work. It's going to be a rough road ahead.
Amen. 'Only His Love in us can get us through' - Corrie Ten Boom - Jesus-love unto death.

2007/11/13 12:37
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END. . .

you have made some good pionts, But I unclear with saying if you don't endure you are saved. Are you saying, in fact when are relly saved, we are new, and Holy spirit is in us, so we may sin, disobey, but the God is work in us and will finish his work. SO true Children of God dead to all self and now alive in self, so we longer are slaves to sins. Once confessed forgiven. Our passion and desire are to dead to.
If we are in Christ we are New. But we are saved but Christ alone, His gift given. Then by grace he makes a child of God, therefore freeing us from sin, now are to endure run, because Christ is in us? Endureing is not what save us, but shows we are saved.

in Christ
charlene

2007/11/13 15:44Profile

Re:

Hi Sis - I believe he was just quoting Matthew 24:13 and trying to just say what are in the verses he posted.

I understood it to be like these verses -

[color=0033CC]Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.[b]Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: [u]but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.[/u][/b]

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. [b]Mat 24:13 [u]But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.[/u]

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: [u]but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.[/u]

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

Rev. 2:26 [u]And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations[/u]

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. [/b][/color]

2007/11/13 17:07

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy