SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : August 3 - Judges 17; Acts 21; Jeremiah 30-31; Mark 16

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

August 3 - Judges 17; Acts 21; Jeremiah 30-31; Mark 16

Then all the city was provoked, and the people rushed together, and taking hold of Paul they dragged him out of the temple, and immediately the doors were shut. Acts 20:30

“and immediately the doors were shut”. Notice that Paul, observing the law and preaching Christ infuriated the “religious” people. He was sold out to Jesus Christ. He was persecuted for “righteousness sake”. There was no room for him “in the inn”.

“and immediately the doors were shut”. I can hear Jesus saying, ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20 He was still calling the people and but they had thrown him out and “shut the door”.

If you are completely sold out to Christ you will be persecuted for Righteousness sake. Notice, “If you are completely sold out to Christ”. That means His desires are your desires. You will say and do only the things the Father has told you to say and do. You will be completely led by the spirit. Then you will be persecuted…it is a promise.

When the Spirit of the Living God begins to open His word to you it will be difficult to fit into the “religious establishment”. For, “the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands”. the kingdom of God is in your midst”. Luke 17:21 He is standing at the door and knocking. Let us open it and let him into our hearts.

MBear

2003/8/3 9:54Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 3 - Judges 17; Acts 21; Jeremiah 30-31; Mark 16

Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen. Mark 16:14

How many times has God spoken something to our hearts through a thought, reading a scripture or even a dream and we reason it all away? When we allow this to happen, we are no different than the disciples who were unbelieving and had a hard heart. What is God speaking to you today? Do not reject what He is showing you but ask Him, "I do believe; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24

MBear

2003/8/3 11:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy