SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God Want Everyone to Be Saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re: Does God Want Everyone to Be Saved?

Quote:
Does God want everyone on earth to be saved?



Yes, no doubt about it. His love far exceeds anything that our theologies can grasp.

 2007/11/9 17:24
BlazedbyGod
Member



Joined: 2007/8/22
Posts: 462


 Re:

1Tim 2:4 Who will have ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Well, wasn't Judas Iscariot a man? Yet he was lost
(John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition (Judas Iscariot); that the scripture might be fulfilled

So explain this?

 2007/11/9 19:25Profile
HomeFree89
Member



Joined: 2007/1/21
Posts: 797
Indiana

 Re:

Quote:

BlazedbyGod wrote:
1Tim 2:4 Who will have ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Well, wasn't Judas Iscariot a man? Yet he was lost
(John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition (Judas Iscariot); that the scripture might be fulfilled

So explain this?



I think Judas chose to exercise his free will. :-)


_________________
Jordan

 2007/11/10 15:42Profile
Smokey
Member



Joined: 2005/2/21
Posts: 417
Edmonton Alberta Cda.

 Re: Does God Want Everyone to Be Saved?


2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honor, and some to dishonor.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
God desires all to be saved, but he knows not all will be.
Blessings Greg :-o


_________________
Greg

 2007/11/10 16:04Profile
hmmhmm
Member



Joined: 2006/1/31
Posts: 4994
Sweden

 Re:

I believe Judas choose money over Jesus. And I belive God wanted Judas to choose him instead, but he knew he wouldent. How do I know he did not want Judas to go to hell?

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?


I know, I know....that was spoken to israel...... but it shows Gods character to me.


_________________
CHRISTIAN

 2007/11/10 16:12Profile
HomeFree89
Member



Joined: 2007/1/21
Posts: 797
Indiana

 Re:

How about this verse from Joshua 24?

"And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Jordan


_________________
Jordan

 2007/11/10 19:17Profile
IRONMAN
Member



Joined: 2004/6/15
Posts: 1924
IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

 just the ones He called..

Dear Saints
Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

if we consider to whom the letters/accounts which make up the N.T. and O.T. were written to and for, we find out that it is for those who are the Called of God, that is those chosen from before the setting of the foundations of the world. AMEN. See Romans 9 and John 6. God wants all to be Saved, all those that He has called and those will be. in John 6 we learn that unless God moves and quickens us, we don't know we need Salvation to even make a decision for Him. the bottom line is that the Decision was made at some point in eternity when Christ was slain, see Rev 13:8. So the Decision on who gets saved is God's own which we respond to by Grace which He gives us. Essentially saints, our Salvation rests on God ENTIRELY. if we were free to choose completely, there would have been no need for Christ to die. also the bible tells us that God Loved us FIRST so it rests on Him.yet we have free will and it is within the confines of the Sovereign will of God...that'll fry your brain...

Judas was bound to his fate, he didn't reject Jesus because of any other reason than God rejected him first and appointed him for the task of betrayer. Some may say "that ain't fair" hey man to me if you have made all things, you can do whatever you want with no explanation to me...it's God's Prerogative. The reason that bothers us so much is because we're infected with the same malady that Lucifer was, pride...and pride always says " i can do better than God can..." and instead of doing what we're told, we do something else. in fact dear saints, who are we to ask God what is fair? whose standard are we using? we often measure the attributes of God against our own in comparison and make God come up short...that's of the devil...that's the same thing he did when he said he'd put his throne above the stars of God upon the mount of congregation...he'd lost his marbles and in many respects we follow the same model...God help us measure ourselves by your standard and not the other way round.AMEN.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.


_________________
Farai Bamu

 2007/11/10 22:15Profile
PaulWest
Member



Joined: 2006/6/28
Posts: 3405
Dallas, Texas

 Re: just the ones He called..

Quote:
Judas was bound to his fate, he didn't reject Jesus because of any other reason than God rejected him first and appointed him for the task of betrayer.



The Lord said it would have "been better if that man had never been born", and yet God allowed Judas to be born. To follow your logic coupled with Jesus' statement, God did something that was "less than better". In light of this, I'm not sure I can accept your hypothesis at face value. Making an absolute statement through a dark glass is pretty risky. Much better to simply state, "I really don't know."

"I don't know" - I believe God honors these three words more than a million dissertations in conjectural theology. When we get brutally honest with ourselves, when we trim away all the fat, blow all the sugar off, and reduce all our acquired knowledge and pet convictions and theological interpretations down to the least common denominator, we suddenly find that we really don't know anything when it comes to stuff like this.

I used to fear those three words. Now, I relish saying them, because I know how much it pleases God to hear them, and how through them He is able to bring peace, and, amazingly enough, enlightenment and wisdom to areas we can actually employ for His glory.

Brother Paul


_________________
Paul Frederick West

 2007/11/10 23:23Profile
Logic
Member



Joined: 2005/7/17
Posts: 1791


 Re:

Quote:
BlazedbyGod wrote:
1Tim 2:4 Who will have ALL MEN TO BE SAVED, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Well, wasn't Judas Iscariot a man? Yet he was lost
(John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition (Judas Iscariot); that the scripture might be fulfilled

So explain this?

God wills for all to be saved, but He know that some will not.
Tells you that man has a desision in it.

[b]Act 17:30[/b] [color=990000]Indeed, then, condoning the times of ignorance, God is now commanding that all mankind everywhere are to repent[/color]
God does not double talk, He does not say, "I command that all mankind to repent, but I will not give all men the ability".

 2007/11/11 0:22Profile
IRONMAN
Member



Joined: 2004/6/15
Posts: 1924
IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

 Re:

bro Paul

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
The Lord said it would have "been better if that man had never been born", and yet God allowed Judas to be born. To follow your logic coupled with Jesus' statement, God did something that was "less than better". In light of this, I'm not sure I can accept your hypothesis at face value. Making an absolute statement through a dark glass is pretty risky. Much better to simply state, "I really don't know."



if i didn't know i would have said so but to me, the word is very plain and God has given Grace that i may understand this. that Jesus said that it would have been better for that man (not God by the way) not to have been born has more to do with the severity of the punishment which would befall Judas, perdition. Had God chosen any other man for the task, the same would have been said because the result would have been the same. it has to do with the gravity of what Judas did and the consequence of it, and indeed it would have been better if Judas had never been born for that reason. so does that mean God did a less than Perfect thing or that there was nothing better He could have done? Of course not my dear brother for the word sais this concerning Judas:

John 17:

[b][color=0000FF]11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.[/color][/b]

the last line is the key. "that the scripture might be fulfilled" isn't that a statement of the very best of God, not that there is anything less than best, but we must understand that in every situation God does what is best, not what we think is good. of Judas it is said also:

Matthew 26:

[b][color=0000FF]24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.[/color][/b]

this is the KJV which says it had been good, but God saw it best for him to be born so that the scripture may be fulfilled. it had been good for that man had he not been born but what would that have meant for the plan of God? the scripture would not have been fulfilled. i hope that makes some sense bro.

Quote:
"I don't know" - I believe God honors these three words more than a million dissertations in conjectural theology. When we get brutally honest with ourselves, when we trim away all the fat, blow all the sugar off, and reduce all our acquired knowledge and pet convictions and theological interpretations down to the least common denominator, we suddenly find that we really don't know anything when it comes to stuff like this.



indeed God does honour it when we admit we don't know, for He then does fill us up with knowledge concerning what we don't know. however when one does Know as God has given knowledge, one becomes liable and responsible for passing that on for those who are looking. and you're right if we cut away what we know and have acquired by ourselves, we have nothing, but if GOd has poured into you then you have IT. Paul understood Predestination and Free will, yet it still fries brains today. the Truth is the word is simple, perhaps too simple for our liking, we seem to like more sophisticated things.

to me it is very plain, Judas was appointed to that task that the scripture would be fulfilled which is something infinitely better than if Judas had not been born, in fact that is what was best because it furthered the Purpose of God in bringing Salvation to the world.

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.


_________________
Farai Bamu

 2007/11/11 14:59Profile





©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy