SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : What do you think about Pres. Bush and this War in Iraq?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: War in Iraq

Brother Rahma,

Thank you for the post and the reminder to "watch and pray". The Lord put that Scripture on my heart not too long ago. To watch the world and see what is happening, from God's perspective.

God is using the war in Iraq to do what He is doing in America exposing evil for evil! The world in now seeing that the Muslim religion is a lie from hell. Even Muslims are starting to question their own religion. Praise God!

God is exposing those who are using His name (in vain) and/or advancing the kingdom of darkness, whether they are professing Christians or pagans.

The Roman Catholics have been exposed for not confronting homosexuality.
A Baptist financial group in Arizona was caught defrauding its investors and has been destroyed.
Radical homosexuals are being exposed for who they are as they try to usurp God's definition of marriage.
Radical liberals are being exposed for their extreme tactics with the Pledge and the 10 Commandments.

God is shining is holiness! Sin is being exposed and God is calling people accountable! The line has been drawn! It is time to choose your side!

As far as the second half of the statement, "watch and pray", we are being called to stand in prayer according to Ephesians 6. We are standing both for and against. We are standing for the things of God and standing against the flesh, the world and Satan.

It is interesting how President Bush is being attacked by both liberals (the world) and Christians. According to some of the posts on this site, it seems a few of you should be able to relate.

Besides, do you pray for the president at much as you research and write about his faults? Do you read the Bible and pray more than you read political commentaries?

Could you imagine if you life were in international media everyday? What if nearly every action and decision you made were broadcast for the world to see? How many people would call your salvation into question?

(These questions are for the community in general, not a specific individual.)

The fate of the nation lies in the hands of Christians and their response to God! Let us fix our eyes on Jesus!

For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God. . .

When the prophet Malachi spoke of the refiner's fire, who did God first refine? The Levites! The spiritual leaders of the day. Where are the spiritual leaders of our day? How are we praying for them?

Henry Blackaby has just published a book entitled, "Holiness". It includes three of his most important sermons. First that the church has lost the fear of the Lord. Second, we no longer view sin from God's perspective. Third, about the need for our lives to be a highway of holiness.

When the church is right with God, proper politics will fall into place. We are the light of the world and if the world continues to grow darker, we must look inwardly and ask ourselves, "Why?".

God is using the war in Iraq to confront and expose evil. What evil in your life is God confronting? The message of Scripture is clear, Repent now, before it is exposed.

[url=http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/149624299?item_no=263217&netp_id=307148&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW]Holiness[/url]

God bless,
Matthew

2004/5/26 10:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Bro. Mike, sorry about the caps ... I've got to figure out how to use "bold" when I post.

No problem, got your other message, but figured it best to reply here for others as well. You can do [b]bold[/b] one of two ways.

When typing out your post or reply just above the box is a series of small boxes preceding [b]B[/b] (bold), [i]I[/i] (Italicized), and [u]U[/u] (underlined).

Probably the best way to illustrate it would be for you to type in some text in the long box next to these and then check the [b]B[/b] box, then 'add'. You will notice the 'tags' are now in place before and after the text, these are HTML tags and work by inserting the proper letter/letters between the [ ]. If you notice there is a list of 'allowed' HTML near the bottom.
Note the placement and the use of the " / ". It is always the same formula:

[ ] first, (text in the middle) and [/ ] last.

If you use the 'add' button it will always put it where you leave off, so if you were to cut and paste from the middle of something you are typing, it will be placed at the bottom.

Personally I have gotten use to just typing in the 'tags' as I go along. Practice with some text and use the 'preview' button to see what it will look like. The 'quote' button is also similar. Click on it, type in some text:
Quote:
The Lord is good!

, click O.K. and note the tags'.

It's all cut and paste, trial and error and a bit of practice, the 'preview' is a true blessing, I would have made quite a mess early on without it :-P

One other little thought, when using the 'tags' take note of the spacing, you will see how they can be crowded against the other text...

Hope that helps.

2004/5/26 10:55Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

I have doubts about his [i]methodology[/i]
but I do not doubt his [i]sincerity[/i].

I applaud his stance on marriage's [i]sanctity[/i]
but the mess in Iraq might make him lose his [i]sanity[/i].

I appreciate his consistency and [i]integrity[/i]
but I have questions about confusing Christianity with American [i]identity[/i]

Cheers, Sam

2004/5/26 11:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Rahman wrote:

Quote:
But how can we, as a nation, turn the other cheek to such horrific events as took place on Sept.11? Even I, a man of God privy to His plan, am soulishly, nationalistically, requiring a like payment in blood.

Brother Rahman, it is not my intention to attack you. I am merely using this statement to pose a question.

As a believer grows in the Lord, can nationalism remain?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/5/26 11:50Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Conversely, can a person mature as a Christian and not increase his sense of patriotism?

Here are two resources from the Vision Forum on this subject:
[url=http://www.visionforum.com/booksandtapes/productinfo.asp?number=64108]Patriots vs. Tories[/url]
[url=http://www.visionforum.com/booksandtapes/productinfo.asp?number=64108]Christians vs. Diests[/url]

2004/5/26 13:34Profile
Rahman

Re:

Bro. Jeff you wrote:

((( Brother Rahman, it is not my intention to attack you. I am merely using this statement to pose a question.

As a believer grows in the Lord, can nationalism remain? )))

No my brother I don't take your question as an attack, but a valid query ... One that I asked myself after the Oklahoma bombing, and over and over again after 9/11 ... And one that has made me consciously list my priorities ... I'm a Christian first ... An American second ... then my ethnic group.

To be totally honest I really wasn't aware that I was as nationalistic as my reactions to these two incidents ... On the Oklahoma bombing I thought it was outside terrorism and had thoughts of turning into a sea of glass whomever was responsible, then the gut wrenching discovery that it was one of our own ... But by the time of 9/11 our Lord was dealing with me in a totally different manner, and I saw 9/11 as His judgement, and that's where my nationality had to take backseat to my Christianity ... That's why the next sentence is:

"But the larger question is what do we chance to ignite in our fit of self-righteous indignation, when we remain blinded to the fact that the real war is spiritual, invisible, and incapable of being seen thru the eyes of intellectualism and emotionalism? We have forgotten God, and replaced Him with our faith in our wealth, and in our own military might".

Nationalism can only be self righteous indignation if that nation is out of the will of God.

What you quoted was initially in the context of a letter to Pres. Bush addressing the fact that as a fellow American I too understood his emotional, humanistic desire for revenge ... But that we as Christians must sacrifice that to the tail end of the "word" I heard from the Lord ... namely,:

"Filthy mammon cannot save you from your reaping, nor your weapons of war. Only I can turn back the savage hand that strikes. Turn thine other cheek. Vengeance is mine, I shall repay"

That is why I initially posted the question: What do you think about Pres. Bush and this War in Iraq ... I believe that Pres. Bush is a believer, but I think that he let his emotionalism, and his nationalism preceed his Christianity ... And that's why I also said God already knew that he'd do this ... This mistake would not have been allowed to happen if our Lord did not have a use for it ... I believe that use is impending judgment.

Jews under Jehovah, whether in the right or in the wrong we're very nationalistic ... When they were in the right they won as a nation, when they were wrong they lost as a nation ... We're in the wrong ... So yes, even as a believer I think nationalism can remain ... So while I'm a Christian first and foremost, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love America ... It's my earthly home ... It's why I weep and pray over her, as Jeremiah and Jesus did over the nation they loved.

2004/5/26 14:16Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Matthew 2323 wrote:

Quote:
Conversely, can a person mature as a Christian and not increase his sense of patriotism?

What is the definition of patriotism? Is is not very simply pride for one's own country?

What is one of the core teachings of Jesus in regard to pride?

Does not pride cause one to stumble?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/5/26 15:42Profile
Rahman

Re:

Matthew2323 ...

Praise God that He is using all of us as reminders to one another ... I totally agree with what you posted in regards our President, we the Church, and our need to keep our eyes on Christ, in HOLINESS! ... The latter is the key to why our country is in the mess we find ourselves in ... A majority unholy, unsanctified, unsalty, luke warm Church, more afraid of living holy than sinful.

And Bro. Jeff your post has made me think even harder about my nationalism, and I can without a doubt tell you that if I had to choose between my spiritually far country and my natural country of America, I won't become a pillar of salt in the choice ... '0) ... Amen.

And lastly "patriot" and "patriotism" is defined in Webter as "love" for ones country, not pride ... although I'm sure many Americans have the definition twisted ...

I don't mean any of what I'm posting is in a spirit of harshness, or rudeness ... I am enjoying the dialogue!

In His love,

R

2004/5/26 16:48Profile
moreofHim

Re: patriotism

First I will humbly and apologeticaly say that I used to be a very strong right wing conservative republican--when i was a lukewarm christian. I listened to talk radio and supported many political things. (since then, hearing about rush limbaugh being addicted to all those medications was no surprise to me- many in this camp say one thing but do not live it) Things have defintiely changed since I decided to surrender my whole entire life to Christ, pick up my cross and follow Him. My allegiance used to be to many things -with Christ thrown in there too. Now it is Christ alone.

What I see is that, especially since 9-11, that American Patriotism has become a religion. I see so many, many people who are boasting and proud to say the pledge of Allegiance or quote something about how they believe in God and country. And they think this makes them a christian.

Patriotism and Christianity are not the same. I am appalled that they are even considered to be similar.

I know many "christians -in- name-only" who are blind to the fact that God is not just the God of America. Jesus is not American. The American dream did not come out of the bible.

I am ashamed of America and it's idolatrous and adultrous ways. I am ashamed of our pride- in thinking we are the BEST and greatest thing to ever happen to this world. Pride comes before destruction. We are consumed with wealth and material posessions.

I don't see much humility in America. I don't see much "carrying our cross" in America.

Yes, we have a duty to rend to Ceasar- what is his- but our citizenship is not of this world. We are to be aliens in this world.

The deception of all of this is what concerns me. I hear so many comments from people who believe they are christians because they are right wing conservatives. They believe in the 10 commandments and keeping God in the pledge of Allegiance. No one is telling them any different.

Patriotism will not save you. Fighting for certain rights will not save you- [b]giving up your rights[/b] may save you. Because [b]giving up our rights and giving up anything Christ asks us to lay down and picking up our cross to follow Him is our only hope[/b].

We don't need help from experts or politicians- this is not the kind of help we as a dying sleeping church in America needs. We need to hear the word of God. We need to listen to Him- not talk radio or politicians or experts. We cannot serve God and man.

In reading Ezekiel (and many on this forum are aware of the similarites of God's people (Judah) and God's people in North America. Things are not getting better. Just like Judah- we are a people who are supposed to be His but we are so full of idolatry and adultery. We are also a people who claim Him with our lips (and our patriotic songs) but we deny Him by our actions.

I know with every thing in me that God is grieved at America and compares it as worse than Sodom and her sisters. If it is true that a real Christian was leading our country- how can it be that the church in America is falling deeply faster into deception and apostacy and believing a "false gospel". A happiness, everyone-is-included gospel. When our "christian" leaders talk about God - why do they not mention JESUS?

All of these christian things they do- prayer meetings ect- this is no different then the regular lukewarm sleeping churchs all over America. If we come on here to explain what it really means to be a christian and say that many of the christians today really actually have not surrendered their entire lives to Christ- we come on here to explain how coming to Christ (as explained in Ten Shekels) is about His glory alone and not for what we can get out of Him- that we are supposed to love Him, serve Him and obey Him just because He is worthy-- why do we make exceptions for christian leaders? Just because they are not preachers- neither am I or the next girl or guy- but the Lord still has His standards. He does not make exceptions for certain individuals.

Patriotism itself has become an idol, I'm afraid. I see it everywhere. All of these other things cause people to lose focus on Christ alone. Again, I pray that the Lord's will will be done and I know it will. Someday soon we will see His preeminence over all things, while the rest of this folly falls away.

ok, i guess i'll stop now. :-)

2004/5/26 20:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well, it's hard to argue with that logic.

Thanks Chanin for giving our noggins a fine tuning and something to think about...

2004/5/26 21:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy