SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Revival Conference

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

No one need listen to me, but I feel I have to say this.

THE CHURCH is under the worst attack right now than ever before in history, because of "the hour".

We may not all agree on "what" hour we're in, but I view a number of Forums and everyone is looking at each other or 'to' some man or woman to "do something", rather than just take care of themselves at His feet.

Please see that this is a very large diabolical attack on the entire Body of Christ - to split IT up and to get our eyes off of HIM and what He wants out of us personally.

I see everyone looking at the 'other' people - please I'm really seeing this everywhere now.

I think the only ones here not being affected by this right now is Philologos and the other men over seas from us - but the Church of this continent is being 'blasted' spiritually, because we're going to be blasted physically/geographically.

Please be Quiet and listen in solitude - please don't think about anyone else but focus on hearing Jesus and from HIm about yourself only.
Ask for His Love for His Body. NO ONE here is better in His eyes than the other. ONLY JESUS is "all there".

I hear words, but little of HIM - our Savior and GOD JESUS-our JUDGE-HIS WORD.

Please, in JESUS NAME Who is The Only GOD - be silent and look to Him for "yourself" only.

This is an attack on the very [b]faith[/b] of The Church.

This is not about Greg Gordon or SI - this is about JESUS - Whom each will appear before naked and singularly and not be able to point to anyone else for anything and not for any reason will you be able to point at any other person on earth. You must account for yourself and yourself only and soon - lest satan rend your faith in shreds.

Just be still a day. Just one day. Be still before GOD Almighty - just for a day.
See where you are not HIM - or anywhere near HIM.

Satan is roaring because he knows his time is short and he wants to scatter and destroy the Sheep. Please do it - get ALONE with HIM ONLY.
Everywhere I go I see people telling people what God is saying. Confusion upon confusion and fingers flying in that confusion - not knowing who to blame for the confusion and lack of peace that most are feeling - and it's because we're looking at or to others.

Stop it for The Love of Christ Jesus - for JESUS' Holy Name. Be still because the same Stone can destroy as well as heal.
Mind your own business - as the world would say and find HIM on your own.

If the whole of the U.S. was bombed out tomorrow - do you see where any of this is helping or destroying His Very Foundation? [b]HE[/b] is our Foundation - NOT YOU OR ME.

Please listen to [b]HIM[/b] for [b]yourself only[/b] before it's too late. And then take care of your family first. Love them.

2007/11/7 16:30
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Hi Hanna ...

Quote:
Hanna's: The preacher [u]proudly[/u] stands up to say that he was shown his wretchedness 40 years ago – [u]but what happened after that?[/u]

The question does not fit the assertion. How can you know that what was said was 'proud' if you know not "what happened after that?" Personally, I think any 'experience' in God that does not move me to get after His heart is worthless. Is the greatest experience in fellowship with God that brings Him the most satisfaction a mystical encounter or the plain expression of love as it plays out when we are about the Master's business. Not that it is either prayer OR work' but both. I come into the presence of God as I mentioned in the last post for FIRE. God does not light a FIRE and hide it under a bushel, a basket or in a closet. Once the FIRE is in the person- He holds them up to light the whole room. What good is it to light a FIRE and place it in a closet? Light the fire in the closet and bring it out into the room.

2007/11/7 16:35Profile
dohzman

Re:

Another anonimious poster with all the answers *sigh*....... :-( Isolationism is the doctrine that breeds depression in individual christians.

Co 12:13 For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; it is not therefore not of the body.
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; it is not therefore not of the body.
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members each one of them in the body, even as it pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now they are many members, but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, I have no need of thee: or again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be more feeble are necessary:
1Co 12:23 and those parts of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness;
1Co 12:24 whereas our comely parts have no need: but God tempered the body together, giving more abundant honor to that part which lacked;
1Co 12:25 that there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

Believe it or not we need each other to over come self/ sin/satan/this corrupt world. Sorry, but that's how God set up the program like it or not. It is of course our choice to accept God's way or not.

2007/11/7 17:37Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
If the whole of the U.S. was bombed out tomorrow - do you see where any of this is helping or destroying His Very Foundation? HE is our Foundation - NOT YOU OR ME.

Certainly those pioneers of old were looking for a country when they found this one. And truly Christ was LORD before and shall be if we were bombed out. But we have this revelation of the nature of God;

(Genesis 18:25, 26) That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: [u]Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?[/u] And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Often what we are sensing in this crisis hour, I think, is what Peter described as Lot's experience in Sodom.

(2 Peter 2:7, 8) And delivered just Lot, [u]vexed[/u] with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, [u]vexed[/u] his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds.

Here [u]vexed[/u] is used twice but it is two different Greek Words.

1) kataponeo: to wear down, oppress, harass
2) basinazo: to torture or to test

I think often that this double 'vexation' can be confused with a sense that God is about to pour fire upon us. The reaction would be to head for a bomb shelter rather than a street corner. But is this the case? Our great problem in this hour is that God would give us over to our enemies and suddenly [i]they[/i] would do the chastening. What shall we do? Shall we hold the fort or shall we forcefully advance in the power of the Spirit? Perhaps we [i]are[/i] at a strategic inflection point? If We are backed to the edge of a cliff in retreat- there is only two options: surrender or charge!. I suppose, if faced with that situation, I'll be charging.

The Good Samaritain was not critized for stopping to [i]do something[/i] when one had fallen by the hand of an enemy. It was the blind religious person that passed him by as if going to church would please God more than simply expressing the heart and compassion of God that was rebuked. I hear the words in my heart; in as much as you have done it unto the least of these you have done it unto me. What greater worship can we offer than genuine obedience? Can anyone show me a single passage of scripture in the New Testament that tells us to watch and pray for hours and hours as a matter of course in life? Pray without ceasing does not mean stay in the prayer room forever.

Moreover it is dangerous to hang around in a revival atmosphere and not take to the streets in some way and do something. I have seen God send revival among youth on a local level and rather than getting on fire and getting about the work- they kept coming back for deeper and deeper experiences. I have known of people to try to stay around and pray until they were jumping benches backwards and putting their heads through the sheetrock. I have known of people that sought experience after experience until now they hear voices of devils and all sorts of things they say. Some would say they need locked up.

This is the madness of seeking more and more of God in mystical experience. We need to pray until the fire falls and spend time with the Lord, no doubt and I would never criticize that. But how much of all that is really biblical? Some start to look for Jesus in some mystical way or even in worship type music, etc.. Looking for Jesus in this service or that prayer meeting. But all the while they could have found Jesus at their local hospital, sheltar, orphanage or nursing home. But, that does not have the attractiveness of some mystical thing.

Imagine someone saying, "I saw Jesus today." REALLY?!

(Matthew 25:38-40) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I'll close these thoughts by saying that God empowers people for service that will get about the work. God will put His hand on those that are bent on doing His will. How many times is God going to empower a people to accompish a task- while they just soak up the moment as an experience without taking that 'fire' and being the light he called them to be. God does not move in our lives for nothing. It's not about an 'experience' or a feel good- even though I thank God for it; it is about being endued with POWER from on high. We are called to be witnesses- and once empowered we have no excuses.

2007/11/7 19:26Profile

Re:

Brother Robert, I agree with you.
Thank you for encouraging us to serve Him.
Lord Bless!

2007/11/7 21:26

Re:

This Excerpt comes from Brother Tears_of_joy's thread - "Expecting Wounds".

"THEN THERE IS THE WOUND OF COMPASSION. Now compassion is an emotion identification, and Christ had that in full perfection. The man who has this wound of compassion is a man who suffers along with other people. Jesus Christ our Lord can never suffer to save us any more. This He did once for all, when He gave Himself without spot through the Holy Ghost to the Father on Calvary's cross. He cannot suffer to save us, but He still must suffer to win us. He does not call His people to redemptive suffering. that's impossible; it could not be. Redemption is a finished work. But He does call His people to feel along with Him and to feel along with those that rejoice and those that suffer. He calls His people to be to Him the kind of an earthly body in which He can weep again and suffer and love again. For our Lord has tow bodies. One is the body He took to the tree on Calvary; that was the body in which He suffered to redeem us. But He has a body on earth now, composed of those who have been baptized into it by the Holy Ghost a conversion. In that body He would now suffer to win men. Paul said that he was glad that he could suffer for the Colossians and fill up the measure of the afflictions of Christ in his body for the church's sake."

1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
1Pe 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
1Pe 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers

Jud 1:20-25 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

2007/11/7 22:01
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Trip to Ohio, thoughts brought a story to main... I have spent much prayer over this I hope that it is a blessing, and you hear the heart of it, and joy of truth. I am hidden my beloved don’t see me but Christ working and ever speaking through me. I love and pray for my beloved family, and thank you all for praying for me for this trip. Indeed my beloved family I was blessed by the prayer that were made on my part.

What is the importance of prayer? What is the cost of prayer? What is the great need of prayer?

Do I understand this truth to which we speak so often of? Do I grip the reality of this great need?
Or I am of a talk a hear and not a doer? I beg the question, what need to pray if God will act anyways? What is our responsibility?

A story is brought to mine,
There was two young men, whom where friends. They met one Sunday, after Church there hearts were so burned for the lost, they were part of the Church yet it seemed so cold so dead. Whom understood there hearts longing? There they became restless as all where content with pleasure of the world. Something was changing in their hearts. God began to show them their own comfortable, complacent lives. Tears were there foods as they saw how there hearts had become cold, there was love wasn’t full of zeal and joy. Instead there hearts had become hard and complacent to sin. Something broke that day, as Jole cried out to Lord, all Knowing God I pray open my eyes examine me, expose me. Let me see all my sins for what they are. Oh God I cry bring t froth truth. Help me to be humbled so I can repent and turn away from the things you hate. Something hit like a pounding hammer in their hearts, they wanted to love Christ and not the world. Something broke through, it was the cross. There these young men fall weeping at Christ feet. In tears of thankfulness they cried out for the grace to raise up and live the life He ask of them.
The picture of Christ, came all so enticing beautiful, amazing. It swept them off their feet. This is us they cried unworthy men, whom you died and calls your child. His words rang in their ears.“ For God so love the world Joel and that I will not die but have everlasting life.” This sinner he die for.. Separated from God, a enemy of God. But abated and made children of God.“But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works” ( Rom 2:5-6)
“But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? ( I speak in a human way.) By no means! For then how could God judge the world? But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? And why not do evil that good may come?—as some people slanderously charge us with saying. Their condemnation is just.”( Rom 3:5-8)
"None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." ( Rom 3:10-12)
(Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,” ( Rom4:4-5)
“For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die” (Rom5:-6-7)
“But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness” ( Rom 6:17-18)
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ by grace you have been saved and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,” ( Eph 2:4-9)

“even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight” ( Eph 1:4-8)
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” ( John 3:16)
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.” ( Gal 2:20-23)
No more Joel yelled, I pray let me die this night, Let me die on that cross with Christ. Daniel also prayed as his body shook I will throw away all my pagan idol. I am a child of Child I no longer belong to the world but Christ. As he read. "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you” ( John 15)
"What profit is an idol when its maker has shaped it, a metal image, a teacher of lies? For its maker trusts in his own creation when he makes speechless idols! Woe to him who says to a wooden thing, Awake; to a silent stone, Arise! Can this teach? Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in it. But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him."( Habakkuk 2:18-20)
“Turn now, every one of you, from his evil way and evil deeds, and dwell upon the land that the LORD has given to you and your fathers from of old and forever. 6 Do not go after other gods to serve and worship them, or provoke me to anger with the work of your hands. Then I will do you no harm” ( Jerm 25:5-6)
“Therefore thus says the LORD: "If you return, I will restore you, and you shall stand before me.If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as my mouth.They shall turn to you, but you shall not turn to them. And I will make you to this people
a fortified wall of bronze;they will fight against you,but they shall not prevail over you,for I am with you to save you and deliver you, declares the LORD. I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless."( Jerm 15:19-21)

Be merciful and turn my stubborn heat again to you. Bring my way wayward heart back to you. I am yours, make me willing to walk the narrow path. Don’t let be among those who worship and pray to you with their lips but their hearts are far away from you. Let me repent. Bring us to repent. To confess our sins. Let us be transparent in honestly. Let this be my pray oh God for this what you say oh God "Return, O faithless sons; I will heal your faithlessness.""Behold, we come to you, for you are the LORD our God. ..( Let it be said I am coming oh Lord, I am coming) Truly the hills are a delusion, the orgies on the mountains. Truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel,” and let it be said this what I will say my Most high God, "But from our youth the shameful thing has devoured all for which our fathers labored, their flocks and their herds, their sons and their daughters. Let us lie down in our shame, and let our dishonor cover us. For we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even to this day, and we have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God." ( Jerm 3)
Joel wept our Churches is naked miserable blind and poor, oh how they need to repent. Oh how I am naked poor and fooled in loving keeping the ways of man, and not God. How I have kept traditions and forsook holiness. This night I cover my head in shame. Restore again, to seek after Holiness. Let be as Paul said, let set our eyes on heavenly things to run this race well.
“ Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained.” ( Phil 3)
Life would be set on the reality of heavenly things ,your eyes would be focused on only this and not of the world .Then you press on to achieve the heavenly goal .You store up treasures in heaven were they will last for eternity .We would run in such away to receive our inheritance ,throwing aside all hindrances ,fleeing from distraction remaining focused .So that in the end we will know, we did not run our race in vain .We will rejoice when trials come and we will cling to his eternal promise in the face of evil .Your will sing when mocked and rejoice when death is upon you ,the swift hand of God’s glory will set us free.
Forgetting the time these men prayed for a few hours. Soon they had to depart and go home. Yet as they lay in bed their hearts were restless and changed. Hungry for more. As the next day reproached they quickly called each other, do want to meet to pray and talk of what God shown you? Brother Joel Daniel said, God has put us on a new path are we willing to walk the narrow way and not look back? Are willing to cry for a heart that feels as God does? Are you willing to count the cost brother, and wait on God even if it is years? My brother are we willing to die that we might really live? Yes it too is my pray Joel said, A hunger within a heart that burns for something more I live and I will die. May my reason what I am I hungry be for God, and may he take my hand and lead me into thee I will walk in the power of His enduring joy.
I may make the plans but in the ends He guides and answers. Lets do this brother.

2007/11/8 3:57Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

They met the next day to pray

Daniel cried out father let us again be eager to please God
like a young bride, deeply in love with you, oh how we long to love with our hearts souls and minds, father we ask bring us back to our first love. We pray we would see our worthless IDOLS
that we could throw away your detectable idols and stray no more, I cry for the movies that see what great evil we put in our minds cleanse and make us pure again.

Then Joel started to cry Father Father how great and holy you are, we love thee we thank thee, come and fill and guide us, We our lives to you. I pray we would see, how shocking and wicked it is to exchange you oh God for Idols
“ these idols have no breath or power idols are worthless they are ridiculous lies
but our the God of Israel is no idol He is the Creator of everything that exists father be merciful and would you correct us when we are walking the wrong way. Show foolish I have been trying to be holy by my ways. Oh what ways have a turn to and walk in evil and not holiness show unto me. I confess my love for food and desire the flesh of comfort. Let me turn to you oh God who is the Fountain of living water. Is it no so oh God I have “ dug for ourselves
cracked cistern that can hold no water at all” where has my hope, my safety. Been in let trust in thee.
I too pray Daniel started ,Yes Father make us men after your heart to seek you with all we have.
Forgive me for not giving the best of my time. Would not show me the things that I love more then You oh GOD Let me confess, then he fall to the ground prostituting his body on the ground.
Show me my adulterate ways. I cast down my lovers. Forgive me I have rebelled and not listen. Let me listen and come and Confess and knowledge my wrongs. To this I pray I will “ surrender my pride and power change my heart before the Lord “ let me be clean and harbor no evil thoughts, let me be honest let not me refuse to repent Please give me understand To your ways
Therefore open my eyes and my ears able to hear let me live in awe of my Lord

Joel began to read
“ let us lie down in shame and cover ourselves with dishonor
for we and our ancestors have sinned against our Lord our God”
I pray we cry the warning, of God’s judgment coming
I pray we cry that people will turn to God to heal.
“ they offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal
wound they give assurances of peace when there is no peace.
I too pray we will walk in old Godly ways and we don’t refuse to listen
we will quit our evil ways oh let us see they are harming to us when we are worshiping lidos
I pray I will stop doing what I want, but do what you oh God say Let not truth vanish from among us let us be broken from “ lies we cling to
“ How can you say “ we are wise because we have the word of the LORD
when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies? Let my heart I pray our hearts be broken and weeping for this evil land may your people turn to the true medicine and true physician
Father help me to see how I have abandoned your instruction and refused to obey
please let me understand the power of God, the power in His name May I tremble at your feet
amen..

2007/11/8 3:59Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Oh Lord, thank you for the conference. For bringing us all together in You. For touching our hearts collectively and individually. We praise and adore Thee for all that Thou art, and ever will be. Blessings and honors and praises to Your holy Name.

2007/11/8 5:28Profile
MarkOne

Re:

What did these two do wrong, Mr. Walkington and dear Hanna??

In Walkington we found only kindness and a longing for revival spelled out in concentrated intercession and formulas for prayer – the threads “From a Prayer Chamber” are remarkable in clarity and holds hope for revival like none other.
Hanna’s words were soberingly provocative – free from the self-centeredness which we so often meet in revivalism.

Many others should have been banned and classified anonymous according to these standards, but were not.
I do not understand the value system of yours!
Is this revival thinking, revival fruit?
If so, I also would like to be classified!

MarkOne

2007/11/8 10:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy