SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Translation of the Bible! - the most convicting!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

New Translation of the Bible! - the most convicting!

I once heard a story about four pastors who were discussing their favorite translations of the Bible. One liked the King James Version, and another liked the New American Standard Bible. Yet another liked The New Living Translation.

When the conversation came around the fourth pastor, he said that he liked his mother's translation the best. Acting surprised, the other three men said they hadn't realized his mother had translated the Bible. [b]"Oh yes," he responded. "She translated the Bible into life, and it was the most convicting translation ever I ever saw."[/b]

John Wesley is reported as saying, "I learnt more about God through my mother than through all the theologians of England."

Each day we mothers ([i]and all of us[/i]) sow seeds in our children's lives. These seeds can be for good and for ill.

[i]-taken from The Christian Mom's Idea Book[/i]

2007/11/2 22:09Profile
danielmount

Mansfield, Ohio

Re: New Translation of the Bible! - the most convicting!

That is an excellent thought.

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
I once heard a story about four pastors who were discussing their favorite translations of the Bible. One liked the King James Version, and another liked the New American Standard Bible. Yet another liked The New Living Translation.

When the conversation came around the fourth pastor, he said that he liked his mother's translation the best. Acting surprised, the other three men said they hadn't realized his mother had translated the Bible. [b]"Oh yes," he responded. "She translated the Bible into life, and it was the most convicting translation ever I ever saw."[/b]

John Wesley is reported as saying, "I learnt more about God through my mother than through all the theologians of England."

Each day we mothers ([i]and all of us[/i]) sow seeds in our children's lives. These seeds can be for good and for ill.

[i]-taken from The Christian Mom's Idea Book[/i]

2007/11/6 13:21Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I remember Art Katz saying that after he got saved and returned to the USA, he was sitting across from an atheist in a cafeteria and she became overwhelmed with conviction and agitation just because he was looking at her. Yes! This is what's supposed to happen when God finally owns a man.

Our lives must speak the clearest. Little by little, each day, projecting the sobriety, love, and patience of Christ. My relation with my boss and others who see me on a daily basis is something I view as a massive investment, something I guard. Years and years of careful living each day, trying to be the salt and light the Lord so yearns me to be. The greatest thing I can think of - the greatest bestowal of honor this world can lay upon me - is a eulogy at my funeral: "This man was the real thing. He was real and we never once saw him compromise in word or money or eyes."

My life is an investment, to walk the lonely walk of Christ in honor and sobriety before an unsaved world. We read the Word in private to live the Word in public. And from our clean hands God delights in serving food to others.

2008/1/10 15:23Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
We read the Word in private to live the Word in public

Amen.

A good word brother Paul.

2008/1/10 15:30Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Men like example Wurmbrant "shook" my beliefs, when they have been in prison 14 years he says he forgot the bible, 14 years without the word.... 14 years without fellowship, christian books, 80 different versions...and yet... he had such revelations of Christ and his glory.

It is important this bibleversion thing, and to study the word, it is essential...but still.... enoch walked with God.... he dident have a bible.... and alsothis man ,the oldest book in the scriptures, he had no bible, but God gives this testimony about him

[b] There was a man named Job who lived in the land of Uz. He was blameless, a man of complete integrity. He feared God and stayed away from evil.[/b]

he was not spiritfilled as we in the new covenant, he had no bible, yet God gives him this testimony....

this is a challenge and an encouragement for me.

2008/1/10 15:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
It is important this bible version thing, and to study the word, it is essential...but still.... Enoch walked with God.... he didn't have a bible.... and also this man ,the oldest book in the scriptures, he had no bible, but God gives this testimony about him

Thanks for sharing this, I have often wonder the same things. What if it was just Jesus and me and nothing in between. No argument about scriptures, no who's right or who's wrong. Just hearing the voice of God and walking in obedience to what He is saying.

2008/1/10 18:01
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

a quote from Ravenhill

[b]"you are not going to pray because your head is overloaded with theology, it is the intimacy!....[/b]

and i listend to Chuck Missler much latly, and he said some very unorthodox things on how to study scriptures, but i liked one thing very much he said...

"its not what you know, or how many doctrines you know, or even how many verses you know, it is [b]who[/b] you know"

i am not trying to say study scriptures is not important, it is vital... but i believe there can be "pitfalls" in this. And we need to be aware.

2008/1/11 5:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy