SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Encouraging caution…giving a warning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Thanks for clarifying in your blue line.

I don't believe anything comes up by accident.

It may be due time this subject came up again.

Many folks 'are' seeking 'something' in these days and as you mentioned "these meetings" and are so right in that - hmmhmm posted a good article and here are more...

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/holylaugh.htm

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/toronto_blessing_brownsville.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/5977/tonontobless.html

Thank you for re-posting & clarifying, glorytoglory.

Thanks, I will have to take a look at those when I get a chance.

What I experienced isn't anything more or less than what I wrote.

Sorry for the poor spelling (below-edit), I'm writing this on the fly :-).

2007/11/3 13:37
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Encouraging caution…giving a warning

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

this verse is very important, we see that the Spirit will come and testify of Jesus. Now i have read and heard many interpretations of this verse. To me it simply means the Holy Spirit will not come and do anything Jesus dident say or do. So when i see someone [b]for example[/b]: barking as a dog and claiming he is filled with the spirit...I look in the word and if i can find Jesus or the apostles doing this or teaching this i can say , "maybe this is from God"

if i cant find it i dismiss it.

2007/11/3 13:47Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
I was dead set against the holy laughter

just wanted to say there is no such thing as "holy laughter"

God is holy. there is holy angels and holy temples and many holy things...but never once we find holy laughter. A "thing" or experience is not holy just because we put the word holy in front of it. So I encourage everyone just to stop calling it that.

Gods peace and love and joy to you all

Christian

2007/11/3 14:56Profile
jiyouk

Re:

Guys..
In all this discussion I don't sense much love but just confidence that "I am right."
If one is truly right in what he says, he should seriously do it in love.
If other's don't think as he does, a mature man will not fret over it as many of us here seem to be doing.
Jesus came to us in "grace and in truth"
Someone must be right and there must be truth in either that holy laughter is from God or is not from God, but lest remember grace as well..

Jesus could get angry at the Pharisees because he was totally holy. We, however, cannot throw stones at the prostitute, cause when we go deep inside, we were the prostitutes, the idolatars, the blasphemers. Given the right situations, I am sure that I would have been able to kill people and be a "Hitler" if it wasn't for the grace of God. But we are saved by his great grace..
If someone is really in the wrong, we do not correct them by critism, but in love and weeping..
If someone is preaching the wrong thing and is not of God, we don't just say "Thats not from God.."
Where is the anguish?
Where is the pain on the fact that it isn't from God?

I like discerning truth and find myself always pointing fingers without love...
Let Jesus see if there is any offensive way in us and correct us to lead us into the way of the everlasting..

2007/11/3 16:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

jiyouk wrote:
Guys..
In all this discussion I don't sense much love but just confidence that "I am right."
If one is truly right in what he says, he should seriously do it in love.
If other's don't think as he does, a mature man will not fret over it as many of us here seem to be doing.
Jesus came to us in "grace and in truth"
Someone must be right and there must be truth in either that holy laughter is from God or is not from God, but lest remember grace as well..
God bless all of you..

The Lord help us seek his kingdom first, thank you for the "warning". I know someone said they dont appreciates Zac Poonens teachings, but i would like to encourage everyone to listen to this very wonderful word
[url=http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/video_message.php?issue=110&date=07_11&title=The+Proof+Of+Faith]the proof of faith by Zac Poonen[/url]

2007/11/3 16:24Profile

Re:

I see not an ounce of a lack of love or grace from those who posted here against this phenomena.

You may consider how Paul 'took care of things' that attempted to enter the Church. We're mild in comparison - if you read about, or of Paul enough.

True Love is telling folks the Truth. "Love rejoices in the Truth"

Truth in Love comes only from a Love of Truth.

To with-hold Truth is not His Love.

We have Paul as our example - he was the authority on reproving, correcting, rebuking, with all sound doctrine.

I may as well add, that this phenomena, is what is called a mocking spirit that's been allowed into the church by those who don't want to judge.
It has brought shame upon the church and Christ and His Spirit and as our brother has said above - does not resemble the mission of The Holy Spirit Who is to "do what Jesus would do" through us.

Quote:

This quote is not in the Bible. Quite the contrary - Paul would have torn the house down if that mocking spirit tried to enter in.

So your "sensing" is wrong in two ways.

We cannot compromise truth nor should we let go a phenomena that has brought reproach to and has counterfeited the Holy Spirit.

To say that something is from the Holy Spirit - when it is not and something that has brought disgrace and given certain men who are hirelings an advantage over people - as those articles in the links express - is not something we are to sit back and allow or excuse but to expose and almost as strongly as Paul would have --- if we don't --- we don't love Truth or people.

2007/11/3 16:48

Re:

Brother, I just read your thread "Who are the real preachers" - You mentioned quite a few names - so you are seeking who are true also.

Than why seek who is true, if you say we are to just "not fret over it" ?

Yes, you must love someone to tell them the truth because normally -- speaking the Truth will get you rejected. So we have to decide - either we fear being rejected and worry for ourselves or we tell the Truth and get whatever comes from that. That's our decision until we see Him Face to face.

If we know something is error and do not warn people - then we don't love them or the truth or Him --- we only love ourselves.

Hope you understand - considering your own thread.

HE is The Truth.

Edit: Just noticed - Thank you hmmhmm for quoting the whole of the original post.

2007/11/3 17:09
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

In retrospect, it may have been wise for me to have omitted mentioning the type of ministry this preacher is a part of. This would have allowed the intended topic to be discussed without the introduction of the laughing revival controversy. My apologies to all for my lack of discretion.

And to David – Brother, when I saw your comment about the priesthood in another thread, I remembered how I was blessed by that book by Art Katz and thought you would be as well, which is why I sent you the link. If I had known how strongly you were opposed to his teachings I would not have done such a thing. I had no intention of offending, but based on the force of your comments here, it seems that I have. My apologies to you as well.

Danielle

2007/11/3 17:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
I was dead set against the holy laughter

just wanted to say there is no such thing as "holy laughter"

God is holy. there is holy angels and holy temples and many holy things...but never once we find holy laughter. A "thing" or experience is not holy just because we put the word holy in front of it. So I encourage everyone just to stop calling it that.

Gods peace and love and joy to you all

Christian

Your right that you should never label anything as holy. It's holy only if God says it is.

There is laughter in the bible though:

Psalm 126:2
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

Psalm 2:4
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

Ecclesiastes 3:4
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Luke 6:21
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Psalm 37:13
The LORD shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

Psalm 52:6
The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:

Psalm 59:8
But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision

[color=0000FF]I really don't have anything else to say. I think it is important to be able to discern these things.I just wanted to mention my own experience.[/color]

2007/11/3 17:47
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
This kind of laughter is an overwhelming joy and peace. You get a sense that God is in total control and your problems look ridiculously small in the eyes of God to the point it makes you laugh.

Yes, I have experienced this laughter too, and other manifestations. It was very amazing – truly from the Lord, a release that I needed during the days he was setting me free. The danger is when we start to worship the manifestations instead of the God of the manifestations. Then we open the door for the devil to mimic.

Quote:
I did not start this thread to confront the issue of laughing

This point deserves our respect. After all, a lot of division is created by arguing over the few points we disagree with. The “winner” becomes the strongest arguer. And the loser hasn’t changed his mind anyway.

Meanwhile……….. there are two ladies……….. sisters in the Lord. Danielle, you made two important points:

Quote:
1. …. women who loved the Lord sincerely.

And:
2. .. in the past I have been a seeker after manifestations. But there was always this nagging “something” that made me feel like something was wrong and I thank God that He showed me the deception that I had gotten caught up in.

No doubt you are already convinced that if God rescued you, he can rescue these ladies. Besides, if they have known the goodness of the Lord, soon they will figure out that they are going after something very flaky! They'll see it.

Meanwhile, keep on holding them up in prayer, and keep the lines of communication open. You will get the opportunity to share your own story - and they'll be all the more eager to listen when they see through this thing. Don’t alienate them from you, or you will drive them deeper into that stuff, and simply prove all those warnings about the "sceptics" that they no doubt have heard.

Is it not the possible that God may break through with HIS Spirit and bless these ladies in some way? That would not be unlike him, after all?

Danielle, God bless you for caring!

Diane

2007/11/3 17:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy