SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Decisions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Decisions

There is something that I have been struggling with for about a year now.The more I learn & soak myself in the WORD, the more I leave everything else behind. My job is working as a full time computer technician for a school district. This is and has been my dream job as I love what I am doing. However, I have this constant tug of war goin on between my love for GOD and my job.Whenever I am spending time with GOD,nothing else matters. Thats all I want to do. If I do spend my time reading up on technical issues or studying to further my career, I find it to be an uneasy transition back to GOD. Almost a resistance.In my mind, I feel as if I have to choose between between GOD or my job. Now, is it possible to give 50 % of me to the Lord and the other 50 to learning and studying technical things? Whenever I do try to study for job issues, I dont seem to have the heart for it and I long to be back in HIS WORD.Its almost as if HE is drawing me back to him.It could also be guilt. How do I settle this once and for all? Has anyone ever been in a situation like this where there are 2 choices and although one of them is a serious desire to follow the Lord, the other choice is not a bad thing either. Help!!
John

2007/10/30 16:27Profile

Re: Decisions

Hi John :-D

I don't have all of the answers, but I just wanted to say - I really like your Website and I'm from N.J. too. Not now though - am living in God's Country now. :-)

If you have a wife and children, then to progress in your work would be good.

If not, then maybe the Lord is calling you into full-time Study for some ministry?

I don't know the answer to that - but I do know you can glorify Him either way.

But I do really understand what you are saying.
You started off on the "good path" with Brothers Keith and Ravenhill, as I did too, about 3 years after I got saved - and that sure does make you hungry and not wanting to leave His Word.

Bananas for Jesus !!! Yeah !!! Amen !!!

I'm not a man though - so probably one of these working brothers can answer this a lot better than me.

Thanks for the Site though.
:-)

2007/10/30 17:01
c52

Loveland, Co. USA

Re: Decisions

...study to be quiet, and do your own business, and to work with your own hands,as we commanded you; that you may walk honestly to them that are without and that you may have lack of nothing...

2007/10/30 23:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy